Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34

Author Topic: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04  (Read 318289 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack ReBorn v0.8.4 with !!HoT!! new Dwarf Therapist 21.2
« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2014, 01:18:07 pm »

The game keeps crashing on me whenever I hit the "b" button. I've tried rebinding it to "1" and it crashed on the "1" button as well.
I'm running 10.9.2
Here's all the stuff that pops up when it crashes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Had an inclination that it might not  be related to me using a mac, found this:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5819
turned True Type to off,
it seems to work now.

Thx for mentioning, I hoped TTF was fixed with the SDL upgrade that made full screen mode possible. These bugs are up to Toady to fix unfortunately. :(

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2014, 01:25:17 am »

Re: Running Stonesense on 10.9:
It turns out you can launch stonesense on 10.9 too, though I was told it crashes if you want to resize the screen. The solution is either to download this new launch script and unpack into Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress overwrinting the previous, or you can open the script "df" yourself with textedit, and delete the line:
Code: [Select]
    export DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1

WordsandChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Words and Chaos blog
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2014, 05:10:37 am »

Another Stonesense question. This one not about crashes:

How do I get the controls to work? I want to raise/lower the number of Z-levels I can see at a given time, but the 'control+scroll' doesn't work. It just moves the Z levels up and down.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2014, 05:53:10 am »

How do I get the controls to work? I want to raise/lower the number of Z-levels I can see at a given time, but the 'control+scroll' doesn't work. It just moves the Z levels up and down.

There's a text file in the stonesense folder, wherein you can adjust all these settings. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

WordsandChaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Words and Chaos blog
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2014, 06:04:46 am »

There's a text file in the stonesense folder, wherein you can adjust all these settings.

Yeah, I looked at them - either it wasn't particularly clear or none of the controls appear to work. Apparently 1 and 2 increase or decrease, but they don't.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2014, 06:49:06 am »

Yeah, I looked at them - either it wasn't particularly clear or none of the controls appear to work. Apparently 1 and 2 increase or decrease, but they don't.

Looks like the keybinds are there, but the just don't work. 1 and 2 seems to move the viewport down, most likely they work like the numeric keyboard.
Best ask Japa in the stonesense thread if it's a bug or something. Never used the stonesense that much sincerely...

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2014, 01:29:51 am »

You need to check this out for us, if it works I want it cross-platform so badly.  Separation of tilesets and text would be massive!
 Donations here.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2014, 04:51:28 am »

You need to check this out for us, if it works I want it cross-platform so badly.  Separation of tilesets and text would be massive!

Checked out, it does what it promises. Coool, thx for letting me know, I was waiting for something big to put it in my next pack. Now I just need to find a tileset with the best font to include. Any tips?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2014, 07:05:29 am »

This may even call for something custom, but I'd start with either Anno or Bissam depending on the pack - whichever fits the style better. 

I've also opened an issue in the hope that this might draw some attention and get ported to other platforms.  For now, I remain a little jealous :p (it's been a while since windows was behind OSX on dfhack features...).
 Donations here.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2014, 08:11:00 am »

This may even call for something custom, but I'd start with either Anno or Bissam depending on the pack - whichever fits the style better. 

I've also opened an issue in the hope that this might draw some attention and get ported to other platforms.  For now, I remain a little jealous :p (it's been a while since windows was behind OSX on dfhack features...).

Well, there's already  new version with a few bugfixes, and Vitaly the author said in an email that he'll try to compile it for windows too. If he runs into a problem you may ask someone from the dfhack team (falconne, warmist maybe?) to compile it for you, the sources are included on dffd. In the meantime I'll test some of the fonts to see which is better, maybe a 9x12 tile will work better for text.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2014, 06:41:38 pm »

(Unrelated)
I recently fixed a couple OS X-specific problems with the DFHack scripts. They'll be in the next DFHack release, but you can use them with r3 in your pack if you like.
dfhack - fixed the problem where DF crashes leave the terminal in a weird state
dfhack-run works now (haven't actually tested r3 with this, but it's simple enough that it should work)
Edit: I'm assuming your modification of the dfhack script is to make Stonesense work on 10.9. You should be able to just remove the three "DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES" lines and replace the section after "fi" with the corresponding section of the new script (diff of the change I made to the default dfhack script).
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:51:09 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2014, 10:24:16 am »

Thx lethosor for the fixes, although I won't be using them for now: some time ago I decided to create a pack that launches dfhack default, because that's the only way to provide bugfixes. So my launch script loads all the libraries, and I don't use a standalone dfhack-run.
One thing I'd like to ask about is the terminal fix: what does it fix exactly? I'm not aware of the weird state.
And yeah, my modification for stonesense could be made simpler, it looks like "export DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1" is required on 10.7 and 10.8, but not on 10.9. the logic beats me. On the other hand I don't want to change it if it works, at least not until we have dfhack r5/r6 with working stonesense and I suppose a working DF2014. Or DF2015 :)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 10:34:11 am by fricy »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MacNewbie Pack ReBorn v0.8.5 with Text Will Be Text
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2014, 10:32:44 am »

I'm releasing a new MacNewbie 0.8.5 BETA for the early adopters, which changes the rendering method from the old 2D renderer to OpenGL. This has multiple effects, the most important is that the windowed mode behaves differently, and TTF support is gone entirely along with the garbled/missing text bugs.

The reason behind this is the new dfhack plugin Text Will Be Text which has lot's of potential, and is destined to go mainstream. With this plugin we can have multiple tilesheets, one for graphics, and one for text. The result will be, that for eg. coffins can have a coffin icon, while the 0 can remain a 0. No more strange icons in texts, no more need to switch to TTF to make sense of sentence...

Since this plugin is still in it's infancy I'm uploading this release as a beta version, to test for bugs and unwanted behavior. I choose to go with Bisasam font for text for all Graphic Packs, (except for ASCII, Grim Fortress and Shizzle, which didn't look right when testing). Once the graphic artists start adopting this plugin we'll have better tilesets, this is just an initial release to give you a taste.

So please go test and report any crashes, bugs, etc, you find with this version, and give your opinion why going this way is a good/bad idea.

Release notes:
version 0.8.5 BETA - for 0.34.11 – May 24, 2013
  • fix: Stonesense should work on 10.9
  • update: update:Taffer 20x20 XVI sans serif with hollow walls + Tocky color
  • update: Mayday 34.11a
  • update: Quickfort converter 1.3
  • update: Falconne's UI v44 with auto melt plugin fix
  • update: dfstatus
  • update: DwarfFamily 0.2
  • added: Text Will Be Text 1.21 plugin which separates text from graphics tiles.
  • added: Dawnfortress v.028
  • added: show-speeds, emigration, combat, whosout, fix/feeding-timers
  • added: LNP/extras/workflow settings
  • added: Userguide for editing graphics by reddit user Urist Mcbjornipo
  • added: DF Menu keys and DFhack keybinds in Userguides
  • Cleaned up graphics packs, switched to openGL deprecating TTF support...hopefully didn't fuck it up… :)
  • Comes with the Spacefox tileset with Bisasam fonts default

Spoiler: Known issues v0.8.5: (click to show/hide)

Download MacNewbie 0.8.5 BETA from Dropbox
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 10:42:01 am by fricy »

My Urist Eternal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2014, 10:37:34 am »

Hi, I am a DF newbie and have a very newbie question: If I install this beta pack (I currently have 8.4 installed) will my 8.4 save game be ok? I finally have a minimal fortress going and I don't want to lose it. Thanks.  :)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2014, 10:41:22 am »

Hi, I am a DF newbie and have a very newbie question: If I install this beta pack (I currently have 8.4 installed) will my 8.4 save game be ok? I finally have a minimal fortress going and I don't want to lose it. Thanks.  :)
Yes, the save games are compatible.
Just be careful to extract the pack into a new directory, copy the save games from 8.4 to 8.5 and reapply the graphic settings in the launcher. That's it. As long as you don't overwrite the old pack with the new one you are safe.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34