Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34

Author Topic: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04  (Read 317072 times)

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack ReBorn v0.8.2 with new Cross-platform launcher
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2013, 02:27:03 am »

The settings are all set back to default each time a new graphics pack is loaded.  Is that normal?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2013, 05:54:29 am »

The settings are all set back to default each time a new graphics pack is loaded.  Is that normal?

Yes, it is. 

What's happening is that when you change graphics packs, the program deletes your current graphics, and then copies the new set from the LNP/graphics/<new pack> folder.  Because the init files are needed to tell the game what tileset to use, the whole file is replaced - which naturally includes all the other options.  In fact, Fricy and I have gone through and manually changed the settings in the graphics pack just to get them to reset to a common starting point - if you download them yourself they'd all be different and it gets confusing fast. 

Keeping your settings when you switch graphics is planned for a later version, but not possible yet (unless you left them on default). 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2013, 02:36:34 pm »

In fact, Fricy and I have gone through and manually changed the settings in the graphics pack just to get them to reset to a common starting point - if you download them yourself they'd all be different and it gets confusing fast. 

Thanks, that clarifies things a bit.  I'm pulling my hair out trying to get aquifers back into my game.  After applying Obsidian's tileset, I went into Dwarf Fortress/raw/objects and modified inorganic_stone_layer.txt, inorganic_stone_mineral.txt, and inorganic_stone_soil.txt  to put the aquifers back in.  Unfortunately, that isn't working for me.

For a work around, do I need to modify the txt files in LNP/graphics/[16x16] Obsidian 0.8a/raw/objects instead?   Or is LNP overwriting my Dwarf Fortress/raw/objects txt files at launch?  I'm a bit confused now.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 02:51:38 pm by Clatch »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2013, 05:14:52 pm »

The easiest way might be to download another copy (or re extract if you kept it) of the pack, and just replace the graphics packs and raws. There are probably more elegant ways, but brute force should work.
 Donations here.

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2013, 10:28:59 pm »

The easiest way might be to download another copy (or re extract if you kept it) of the pack, and just replace the graphics packs and raws. There are probably more elegant ways, but brute force should work.

That makes sense.  Thanks.  Creating a pack for newbies is no easy job. :P

I noticed something else too.  When Auto Save is set to Seasons a new save game is duplicated each season, for example: region1-sum-251 gets created in /'data/save.  I'm not used to seeing that.  But, when that new save is started up, I am unable to give one stockpile to another stockpile.  I can give a stockpile to a workshop without any issues.

When I start the df script manually in the terminal and re-save the region1-sum-251 game without MacNewbie, the issue is somehow fixed.   There's so much packed into this package already, I wasn't sure what plugin thread I needed to post that on.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2013, 10:35:50 pm »

When Auto Save is set to Seasons a new save game is duplicated each season, for example: region1-sum-251 gets created in /'data/save.  I'm not used to seeing that.

This is an init option, in the LNP it can be toggled in the 'advanced' tab (backup saves).  'Autosave: seasonal' should not do this if 'backup saves' is disabled.  Do you have the backup enabled?  If not, does this also happen to annual autosaves? 

The script stuff is for dfhack; since that works differently on windows I've got nothing. 
 Donations here.

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2013, 12:04:50 am »

This is an init option, in the LNP it can be toggled in the 'advanced' tab (backup saves).  'Autosave: seasonal' should not do this if 'backup saves' is disabled.  Do you have the backup enabled?  If not, does this also happen to annual autosaves? 

I had no idea that's what that option was for.  I'll shut it off.  Thanks!

BTW, that issue with the aquifers was carried over from the Obsidian tileset.  When taking your idea to install it manually I noticed that it was distributed that way.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2013, 07:52:39 pm »

Dropping a note that the simple start embark profile is missing an anvil, which I've fixed in mine.  You might also want to expand the wiki page a bit, since it's currently tiny. 
 Donations here.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2013, 06:33:55 am »

Dropping a note that the simple start embark profile is missing an anvil, which I've fixed in mine.  You might also want to expand the wiki page a bit, since it's currently tiny.

Thx, I saw it, I've been postponing updating the pack waiting for an updated DT...

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2013, 01:01:13 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=131307.msg4620077#msg4620077

A python port of my legends export processing script, which may be of interest.
 Donations here.

Crazor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2013, 06:47:40 am »

Stonesense doesn't work on 10.9.1 for me (haven't tried on 10.9). When I enter 'stonesense' at the dfhack prompt, DF just crashes. Saw the info regarding 10.6.8, but I think it doesn't apply, since dfhack launches fine.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2013, 12:39:18 pm »

Stonesense doesn't work on 10.9.1 for me (haven't tried on 10.9). When I enter 'stonesense' at the dfhack prompt, DF just crashes. Saw the info regarding 10.6.8, but I think it doesn't apply, since dfhack launches fine.

Thx for letting us know.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack ReBorn v0.8.3 for the Holidays
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2013, 05:13:56 am »

Bump for a new version and a
CRY FOR HELP:
I need some testing data for one of Falconne's plugins.
If you have some time, please open the dfhack.init file, go to line 22 and look for this line:
Code: [Select]
#keybinding add Ctrl-H "hotkeys"Delete # from the beginning, save and launch DF multiple times. There's no need to load a save, just to test if the game loads ok, or crashes in a few seconds. Then please report your result here along with the version number of your system.
Thank you.

Spoiler: Changelog: (click to show/hide)

Crazor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack ReBorn v0.8.3 with new Cross-platform launcher
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2013, 05:58:36 am »

The Stonesense issue persists, but from reading the changelog and known issues, I expected this.

Regarding the hotkeys keybinding: Launched 15 times in a row, no crashes.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack ReBorn v0.8.3 with new Cross-platform launcher
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2013, 02:50:44 pm »

@Crazor: Thanks for the testing, this setting crashes the game on my system, but does work on other macs. Weird problem, should not be happening, maybe it's only my mac. I guess I need to reinstall to make sure. :(
As for the stonesense: I have no idea what changed in 10.9 that causes the game to crash, until someone figures it out we are stuck. I'll let the stonesense guys know about it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34