Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34

Author Topic: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04  (Read 317079 times)

My Urist Eternal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack ReBorn v0.8.4 with !!HoT!! new Dwarf Therapist 21.2
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2014, 10:44:46 am »

Yes, the save games are compatible.
Just be careful to extract the pack into a new directory, copy the save games from 8.4 to 8.5 and reapply the graphic settings in the launcher. That's it. As long as you don't overwrite the old pack with the new one you are safe.

Thanks, that is very helpful. I've been struggling with lots of glitches in the tilesets on my Mac so I'm looking forward to this update.

My Urist Eternal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack ReBorn v0.8.5 BETA for testers
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2014, 12:01:19 pm »

In the LNP/graphics folder there is a folder called "FONT COLLECTION" that contains Bisasam_20x20.png. How do I get the launcher to recognize/use this font? I tried editing lnp.yaml as instructed but it still wouldn't show up in the launcher. Thanks!

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2014, 12:24:41 pm »

That's just a backup copy I put there. It's already set up to be used as the font tile in the graphics packs. Well, in most of them anyway...

If you want to use it as a standalone tileset then you should duplicate ASCII 16x16, rename the directory to something, put Bisasam.png into the data/art directory, open data/init/init.txt and edit it so it points to the correct file. Then open lmp.yaml, and add an entry based on for eg. ASCII. Then you can loadit with the launcher.
If something is not clear, you can find a detailed guide in LNP/extras/userguides called "intructions" something...

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2014, 09:17:01 pm »

I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2014, 03:04:00 am »

I'm using MacNewbie 0.8.5 BETA on OS X 10.9.3.

StoneSense crashes in default configuration. Removal of twbt.plug.so and switching PRINT_MODE to 2D fixes it.
Apparently, for now you have to choose between StoneSense and TextWillBeText; you can't have both until fixes will be applied to one or the another.

MultiScroll works fine, IMO it should be included in the pack. It's awesome.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 03:30:31 am by falcn »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2014, 03:15:43 am »

I'm using MacNewbie 0.8.5 BETA on OS X 10.9.3.

StoneSense crashes in default configuration. Removal of twbt.plug.so fixes it.
Apparently, for now you have to choose between StoneSense and TextWillBeText; you can't have both until fixes will be applied to one or the another.

MultiScroll works fine, IMO it should be included in the pack. It's awesome.

Thx for the feedback, I'll guess I'll have to write a script to make it optional.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2014, 03:54:11 am »

The problem seems to be that StoneSense does not support PRINT_MODE:STANDARD on OS X 10.9.
It crashes even on vanilla "dfhack 0.34.11 r3 for osx" if init/init.txt is changed to the PRINT_MODE:STANDARD.
TWBT needs PRINT_MODE:STANDARD or PRINT_MODE:SHADER to work, thus they are not compatible for now.

Seems like something only StoneSense developers can fix.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 15, 2014, 06:58:23 pm »

Just some random tips:

1) Three plugins maintained by falconne were updated:

buildingplan.plug.so
dwarfmonitor.plug.so
mousequery.plug.so

2) The best solution for the retina display in my opinion is setting the in-game fullscreen resolution to the real resolution of the display, rather than switching the OS X to it (which makes all the other apps unusable)
Code: (init.txt) [Select]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENX:2880]
[GRAPHICS_FULLSCREENY:1800]
This way I can play the game with full resolution, and still use all the Mac apps normally after single key press (F11).
DF needs to be upscaled to become usable at this resolution (Shift-5 / Ctrl-5)
The good thing is that DF keeps separate scale for fullscreen and windowed modes. The minor annoyance is that DF does not allow Cmd-Tab out of fullscreen mode.

Maybe it's worth to include the paragraph about retina in the first post, so that everyone can choose what's best for them?

Thank you for your work!

lucasperesbet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Doesn`t work for me at all
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2014, 01:34:38 pm »

Dwarf Fortress just doesn`t run for some reason. With the new launcher I could just keep clicking on "Run DF" forever and nothing would happen. With the old one the app just freezes with the button pressed like this:

Although my computer can run DF using the DwarfBuilder App. I`ve installed the latest java from the indicated site and restarted the mac several times.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can I have some help here? I miss my FUN!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 01:37:54 pm by lucasperesbet »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doesn`t work for me at all
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2014, 02:12:44 pm »

Dwarf Fortress just doesn`t run for some reason. With the new launcher I could just keep clicking on "Run DF" forever and nothing would happen. With the old one the app just freezes with the button pressed like this:
Although my computer can run DF using the DwarfBuilder App. I`ve installed the latest java from the indicated site and restarted the mac several times.
Can I have some help here? I miss my FUN!

Hmm, I'm a but stumped, it's not java or some other dependancy since both of the launchers fail to start the game. What happens if you try to run the game with the script: "Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/df"? Any useful error message?

@falcn: Thx for the feedback, I'm going to update the pack soon, lot of things are happening, I'm waiting for some plugins for r5. As for the graphics suggestion: I think it's a good idea, but it needs a few launcher features, and as the dev is on a hiatus I'm postponing it, but not forgetting.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2014, 06:39:16 pm »

Falconne's plugins now work with r5. Also, there is an OS X version of the hospital-overstocking binpatch now (see here - note that it requires a modification to hack/lua/binpatch.lua to work correctly). I'm not sure if that works on r3 or not.
Also, Danaris is working on a Stonesense build for r5, although it still has some library issues with 10.6.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2014, 04:12:25 am »

Falconne's plugins now work with r5. Also, there is an OS X version of the hospital-overstocking binpatch now (see here - note that it requires a modification to hack/lua/binpatch.lua to work correctly). I'm not sure if that works on r3 or not.
Also, Danaris is working on a Stonesense build for r5, although it still has some library issues with 10.6.

Thx for the heads-up with the binpatches.
The new version will be based on r5 for sure, I have a package put together already including your loadscreen script and all the goodies from r5. It's not released because I'd like to have a new TWBT plugin first that doesn't crash with 2D printmode. And maybe a new DT too. Either way I'm going to upload a new pack this weekend with whatever I can get my hands on by that time, I want at least one more pack out before Toady drops the bomb.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2014, 02:48:03 am »

I'm playing on 10.9.3, and Sounsense used to crash every 5-10 minutes.

If that happens to you, download and install jdk-7u60-macosx-x64.dmg (jdk, NOT jre!) from oracle. That replaces java6 with java7 and fixes crashes.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack ReBorn v0.8.6 with dfhack-r5
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2014, 06:27:33 pm »

Macnewbie Pack has been updated to version 0.8.6

...now comes with dfhack-r5 with tons of new scripts and fixes, better touchpad support, multilevel view and rendermax. Check out how cool it looks. Sadly Stonesense is missing from this package! Enjoy.

Download MacNewbie 0.8.6 from DFFD
Download MacNewbie 0.8.6 from Dropbox

Spoiler: Changelog: (click to show/hide)

I'm playing on 10.9.3, and Sounsense used to crash every 5-10 minutes.
If that happens to you, download and install jdk-7u60-macosx-x64.dmg (jdk, NOT jre!) from oracle. That replaces java6 with java7 and fixes crashes.
Thx, first post updated.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 06:55:01 pm by fricy »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack ReBorn v0.8.6 with dfhack-r5
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2014, 08:43:51 am »

emigration script is enabled default!
I'm not sure if that's a good idea - even people using MDF were confused by this behavior, and I think it's more of a mod than expected behavior at this point. For one thing, this is pack is supposed to appeal to new players, and emigrating dwarves is only going to confuse them, especially since it's not on the wiki anywhere (except for the DFHack page, which isn't easily understood by new players). I'm not opposed to including the script, though - I just don't think it should be enabled unless specified by the user.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34