Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34

Author Topic: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04  (Read 317967 times)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.9 with DF 40.12 - TWBT edition
« Reply #180 on: September 15, 2014, 01:42:59 pm »

You're welcome! :)

Fix for stonesense:
As some of you may have noticed, there's a stonesense folder in the latest pack, but the plugin won't work out of the box. To fix this you  need to tinker a bit:
  • At the bottom of the launcher click on the "Init Editor" button, scroll down in the left hand side until you find [PRINT_MODE:STANDARD]. Change it to [PRINT_MODE:2D] Save. --- This turns off TWBT rendering and the multiscroll plugin!
  • In Finder go to Dwarf Fortress/hack/libs, look for freetype6.dylib and move it to Dwarf Fortress/libs. Overwrite!
That's it, load the game and you can launch stonesense by typing it into the dfhack console. Enjoy, take a few screenshots.
To turn TWBT back on: Exit the game, open the init editor again, and change it back to [PRINT_MODE:STANDARD].

I'm going to issue a hotfix version for 0.9.9 with this fix once official dfhack is out.

And please, if any of you finds bugs, crashes etc. with the pack, and especially with PyLNP please give feedback!

Dinglebit

• Escaped Lunatic
  • You choose to be offended
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 17, 2014, 01:37:46 pm »

I know this is a newb question, but to update MacNewbie, just download the new version and then move my saves into the new version save folder? or is there some other way to update it?  BTW thank you for having this updated so quickly.  I used to just go into my Windows bootcamp and play there, but this actually is updated faster than the PC newb pack.   
Let me be perfectly clear...

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 17, 2014, 02:38:23 pm »

Yes - saves are located in individual folders in <Dwarf Fortress>/data/save.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 17, 2014, 03:09:15 pm »

Yes - saves are located in individual folders in <Dwarf Fortress>/data/save.
Almost. Saves are stored in 'Macnewbie/User Generated Content/Link to Save folder' for easier upgrading. /data/save is just a symlink. :)

@basicly yes. Be sure to reapply your previous graphics settings with the launcher, some graphics files are stored outside of the save folder.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 03:26:59 pm by fricy »

MintYogi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 18, 2014, 08:28:18 pm »

Is there anything I can do to get the Vidumec (12x12 and 15x15) tilesets added?

sparr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2014, 07:43:56 pm »

Do you think they are popular enough to be worth adding to the pack, or do you just want to use them yourself and need help setting that up?

Bortness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.10 with DF 40.13 - TWBT edition
« Reply #186 on: September 20, 2014, 09:11:49 pm »

Thank you for version 40.13 in the MacNewb pack.
I love you so much.
So flipping much.

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2014, 02:00:31 am »

that's great work, fricy
i know it's called macNEWBie, so i got super pointless question: how do i save and quit back to main menu? :-\

upd: it's the only text in my main menu after i enter embark screen. same in fortress mode. and none of the buttons work
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 02:10:36 am by HaterSkater »
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

Duerer TWBT tileset v.0.6.A

aelystur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2014, 02:58:12 am »

I have just run into the same problem. previously this has not been removed, according to the wiki, and the vanilla version i first downloaded , save game was still an option when you hit esc in fortress mode.

dfhack has a command called quicksave, which you can use to save the game, as for quitting, you may have to force terminate the program

to do that you will need to start up activity monitor, found in applications -> utilities

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2014, 03:46:28 am »

@sparr: I have a problem with too much tilesets being in the pack. :( Maybe sometime in the future, when the launcher supports merging all the ascii sets with a tileset selector. It's a plan, no deadline. By the way, Vidumec 12x12 looks almost exactly like Grim Fortress, isn't it?

@HaterSkater, Bortness: Thx a lot! And a big thx for creating Duerer!
i know it's called macNEWBie, so i got super pointless question: how do i save and quit back to main menu? :-\
upd: it's the only text in my main menu after i enter embark screen. same in fortress mode. and none of the buttons work

Oh, I know what causes that, I just added lethosor's interface scripts (like the load-screen plugin), and haven't noticed this result... :( You can turn it off by typing 'options-menu disable', or disable permanently by opening dfhack.init, and searching for 'options-menu enable': either delete the line or change it to disable. Or simply use 'ctrl-alt-s' to save the game and the 'die' command in the dfhack console to quit. I use the game like this, that's why I missed this. :)

Thanks to Pidgeot's work on PyLNP, the Macnewbie pack now supports update notifications, so you never miss a new version, and switching between TTF fonts and the twbt rendering. The button you need for this is Print Mode. Switch to 2D for TTF and Stonesense, and to Standard for twbt mode and the multiscroll plugin.

Download MacNewbie 0.9.10 from DFFD
Download MacNewbie 0.9.10 from Dropbox
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 04:58:09 am by fricy »

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2014, 05:50:49 am »

Yeah. Glad that you included it from very early version :)
And that trick works, menu is back

Another question: how to use macnewbie as developer tool?
For example: if i'm adding raws to modify tree colour, can i just put them in LNP/graphics/Duerer and then update game (which is easier), or should i place files manually into current game directory (Dwarf Fortess/data/...etc)?
Point is that there is no "raws" in duerer directory and i fear all of the paths are hardcoded so launcher will not see files that not existed before.

Also: Have you thought of making keyboard layout for short mac keyboard (the one without numpad). I always remap '+' to '=' , for instance, it's way easier to scroll
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:54:25 am by HaterSkater »
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2014, 06:03:37 am »

Also: Have you thought of making keyboard layout for short mac keyboard (the one without numpad). I always remap '+' to '=' , for instance, it's way easier to scroll

I had my custom key bindings for mac keyboard but I need to update them for 0.40. I use ] and \ for secondary scroll and ' and / for z-scroll. In US layout they're located one above another (so it's more like up/down than - and =) and close to enter and arrow keys - very convenient for me. And of course I change hot keys (for zooming to locations) from F-keys to 1-9. Honestly, I don't understand why some layout like this isn't included in macnewbie.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 21, 2014, 06:10:16 am »

Another question: how to use macnewbie as developer tool?
For example: if i'm adding raws to modify tree colour, can i just put them in LNP/graphics/Duerer and then update game (which is easier), or should i place files manually into current game directory (Dwarf Fortess/data/...etc)?
Point is that there is no "raws" in duerer directory and i fear all of the paths are hardcoded so launcher will not see files that not existed before.

Definetly work in LNP/graphics/Duerer directory and then use the launcher to install the changes. Any raw change to df/raws and region/raws gets overwritten by a tileset change - that's the way it's implemented at the moment, it may change in the future if/when raw parsing/patching gets implemented. I don't know why you don't see the LNP/graphics/Duerer/raws folder, it's there except for the raw/interaction examples. But it's just a copy of the ascii raws, so if you really miss it just copy it from there.
If you give me a keyboard layout I'll include it in the pack for sure. The included Macnewbie layout should be more or less ok with short keyboards/laptops, but as I'm not playing with US layout I'm sure not everything is ideal.

@mifki: I haven't gotten proper feedback yet as to what change...

HaterSkater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 21, 2014, 06:16:32 am »

I don't know why you don't see the LNP/graphics/Duerer/raws folder, it's there except for the raw/interaction examples.
My mistake, it's actually right there  ::)
▲▲▲▲▲
;ÑÜ&,
.';,

MintYogi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 21, 2014, 11:15:13 am »

Do you think they are popular enough to be worth adding to the pack, or do you just want to use them yourself and need help setting that up?
It's been downloaded from the DFFD 428 times vs. the 318 that Duerer (one of the included tilesets) has, so I'd say, "Yeah." I've been using it for years, so I'm partial to it and don't need help setting it up. It's IMHO the cleanest looking square, ASCII tileset.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 34