Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34

Author Topic: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04  (Read 318277 times)

WereSloth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.10 with DF 40.13 - TWBT edition
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2014, 06:41:45 am »

Here you go mifki, hope this helps:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2014, 07:01:56 am »

Not really.. I was hoping to see something related to plugins or dfhack, but it's inside df itself. I'd say it's related to libstdc++. Wait for fricy, maybe he has seen this before.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 30, 2014, 07:54:36 am »

Catching up on last week's posts:
@sparr:
I tested Macnewbie 0.9.10 with a clean 10.9.3 osx, and stonesense loads correctly. My hunch is that you tried 0.9.9 that had a bug, workaround is in this post, and the bug is fixed in 0.9.10.

@Murdersquish:
It may be related to two copies of DT 26.0 being launched (whether or not I launch it from MacNewbie). When it launches, one window appears and MacOS asks me for admin authority to read another processes memory.  Once I enter in the info, another window pops up and the first one hangs and as to be force-quitted.
The two windows you see are normal afaik, but I'll have to check splinterz. DT v26.0 had a bunch of changes in it, bugs are normal at this stage. Make sure to launch DT after you've loaded a game, if you load DT first it hangs usually even in v25.0. It's a long standing bug unfortunately. :(

@infiniteunrest:
Any chance of merging in Doren's Modest Accelerated Mash?
Not in the near future. I could add the mod to the LNP/graphics folder, and the launcher could take care of installing it, if the folder structure is correct, but that'd mean you can only play vanilla OR mod, and switching between the two modes will break the "other" saves. I won't do it now, because it'd be a support nightmare. But check out this project, Peredexiserrant started working on extending the launcher's capabilities to make this feasible.

@daedmen:
Please explain it again, I don't understand your question.

@WereSloth:
Were you using Macnewbie 0.9.8, or 0.9.8a?
If the answer is the latter, then I'm with mifki on this one. I checked the changelog, but not seeing anything that'd crash the game. You're machine is capable of running in opengl mode, so crashes related to twbt and multiscroll are out of the picture. Please post you stderr.log from /Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress to pastebin.com and post the link here. Maybe that'll contain a clue.

Murdersquish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 30, 2014, 08:14:50 am »

@Murdersquish:
It may be related to two copies of DT 26.0 being launched (whether or not I launch it from MacNewbie). When it launches, one window appears and MacOS asks me for admin authority to read another processes memory.  Once I enter in the info, another window pops up and the first one hangs and as to be force-quitted.
The two windows you see are normal afaik, but I'll have to check splinterz. DT v26.0 had a bunch of changes in it, bugs are normal at this stage. Make sure to launch DT after you've loaded a game, if you load DT first it hangs usually even in v25.0. It's a long standing bug unfortunately. :(

FWIW, I've never seen this problem pre-26.0. To wit, I'm running 25.0 now given the problems I had with 26.0 and I've yet to see the double-window problem. (I'm going to wait for the 26+ to stabilize a bit before going back to it.)

WereSloth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 30, 2014, 11:15:31 am »

@fricy:

I was using Macnewbie 0.9.8, I never tried 0.9.8a. I just tried running Macnewbie 0.9.10 (it crashed), then went to stderr.log, but nothing was there. Is that a clue in of itself?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 11:18:35 am by WereSloth »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 30, 2014, 11:50:00 am »

@fricy:
I was using Macnewbie 0.9.8, I never tried 0.9.8a. I just tried running Macnewbie 0.9.10 (it crashed), then went to stderr.log, but nothing was there. Is that a clue in of itself?
We have something: mifki's plugins were missing from 0.9.8, so they are the suspects. We just have to decide which one causes the crash for you, and why.
First switch to 2D mode in the graphics tab of the launcher to disable them. If the game starts: browse to /hack/plugins and first remove multiscroll.plug.dylib, switch back to STANDARD rendering and try to load the game again. Check if it fixed the problem. If not: put back the multiscroll plugin, and try removing twbt.plug.dylib from the same folder. Check to see if the game loads, ad report if removing any of the files fixed it for you.
Do you have updates installed on your system? I suspect a driver issue, as your hardware should be able to handle opengl mode easily.

FWIW, I've never seen this problem pre-26.0. To wit, I'm running 25.0 now given the problems I had with 26.0 and I've yet to see the double-window problem. (I'm going to wait for the 26+ to stabilize a bit before going back to it.)
You're right: What I've seen before was a double process, but that was a slightly different, did not show up in the dock. I'll post a report with splinterz...

WereSloth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2014, 02:13:33 pm »

@fricy:

Welp, this is somewhat embarrassing. I tried all the graphics tweaks and plugin changes and nothing worked. Only then did I check to see if I needed system upgrades, and...yep, I needed system upgrades. Everything's running nice and smoothly now, as far as I can tell. Sorry to clutter up the thread with my non-problem, but thanks for the help!

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.10a with DF 40.13 - TWBT edition
« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2014, 10:21:53 am »

Minor update with some tweaks and bugfixes. Enjoy.

Download MacNewbie 0.9.10a from DFFD
Download MacNewbie 0.9.10 from Dropbox

Changelog:
version 0.9.10a - for 0.40.13 – Oct. 02, 2014
-PyLNP 0.5.2 nightly - with TWBT rendering option and dfhack tab
-twbt 5.19, multiscroll 2.25, autotrade.plug update
-new trackstop plugin to set roller speed and trackstop friction(use with q)
-new scripts: markdown, adaptation, set-adaptation
-fixed scripts: exportlegends, superdwarf, forumdwarves
-soundsense update 1_193
-reddit embark profiles updated thx to clinodev
-revert to Dwarf Therapist v.25.0

Auroness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 04, 2014, 08:58:54 am »

download the new set up, clean install, no changes, generate new world and it has crashed 4 times in the last hour.  OS 10.6.8

A few minutes before the crash, when I use the designate menu or build menu, the cursor scrolls all the way to the right edge of the map. I have to use shift arrows to move it back where it needs to be, and it works fine. 2 - 3 minutes later, game will crash.

[DFHack]# /Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/dfhack: line 15: 11465 Bus error               DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"
logout
[Process completed]

On the positive side, even though I still get two DFTherapist windows, they both go away when I force quit one of them after the crash. I used to have to force quit both of them, so this is an improvement.  :P

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 04, 2014, 09:03:24 am »

Have you tried disabling TwbT?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Auroness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 04, 2014, 10:15:57 am »

That seemed to have done the trick. The crashes seemed to have occurred at the change of seasons. I never got to that the first change until after I turned of Twbt

edited to add: I am still getting an error message in the console. I've not gotten any caravans yet, but I'm not expecting one until Autumn anyway

No caravan report object; use "fix/population-cap force" to create one
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 11:04:33 am by Auroness »

Thunderz8olt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 05, 2014, 09:46:13 pm »

Quick question. When installing a new version (upgrading to a new one) do you overite all the old files (so select replace all) or do you keep the "newer" files that it talks about also?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 06, 2014, 01:17:53 am »

Quick question. When installing a new version (upgrading to a new one) do you overite all the old files (so select replace all) or do you keep the "newer" files that it talks about also?
I wouldn't trust osx to overwrite the folder properly at any case, it risks losing your saves. Either extract to a new folder and migrate your saves from the 'User Generated..' directory, or else delete the LNP, Dwarf Fortress folder and the launcher, and extract these. Better upgrade is in the plans.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34