Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34

Author Topic: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04  (Read 317874 times)

bunbun39

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.12 with DF 40.15 - Duerer Endorsement Edition
« Reply #270 on: November 18, 2014, 07:57:10 pm »

Um, the settings for turning things on and off, such as aquifers, invaders, and anything else with a number not tied to it do not work. You click them, and nothing changes. Can you guys fix this?

bunbun39

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 18, 2014, 08:03:03 pm »

Um, the settings for turning things on and off, such as aquifers, invaders, and anything else with a number not tied to it do not work. You click them, and nothing changes. Can you guys fix this?

Oh, and anytime I try to change my graphics pack from the Duerer model you guys have preset, even to the ASCII default, it claims that those files aren't actually there. And so I ask: what happened?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 19, 2014, 01:58:42 am »

@bunbun39: I checked, launcher settings do take effect in the raws/init files. To turn off aquifers you have to make sure to first remove aquifers, then generate the world. If you have already embarked you can run drain-aquifer in the dfhack terminal to drain them.

But I suspect all your problems stem from an incomplete install or bad path/permissions error: since you cannot install tilesets something is obviously wrong on your end. Check the contents of LNP/graphics/»tilesets« to see if anything is there at all, if all seems ok try moving the whole Macnewbie folder to a different location, or fix the permissions, or try to reextract everything from the dmg, etc.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 19, 2014, 03:02:39 pm »

0.8 was bugged for graphics pack installations; that binary has been pulled and replaced with 0.8a, which fixes it.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.13 with DF 40.16
« Reply #274 on: November 20, 2014, 01:09:50 pm »

DF 40.16 version is up.

If your dwarves can't deal with stress there's a new script thanks to Putnam to the rescue. Just select the stressed unit and type remove-stress into dfhack, or alternatively enter remove-stress all to fix all units on the map.

STRIKE THE EARTH!

Download MacNewbie 0.9.13 from DFFD
Download MacNewbie 0.9.13 from Dropbox

Spoiler: Changelog: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:00:34 pm by fricy »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 22, 2014, 02:47:58 am »

A serious bug has been found in the latest twbt plugin: if you zoom out too much, the game will crash.
You can get the fix here, extract twbt.plug.dylib to <df>/hack/plugin.

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 22, 2014, 06:47:49 am »

game for me crashes a lot with starter pack 16 r1. Mainly when i try to use build menu (b)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 22, 2014, 06:53:28 am »

game for me crashes a lot with starter pack 16 r1. Mainly when i try to use build menu (b)
I'm confused, you posted the same in the windows starter pack too.
General advice: If you use twbt try setting print mode to 2d in the graphic tab, and look for an updated graphic driver.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:55:07 am by fricy »

Clatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 23, 2014, 11:36:51 pm »

A serious bug has been found in the latest twbt plugin: if you zoom out too much, the game will crash.
You can get the fix here, extract twbt.plug.dylib to <df>/hack/plugin.

Thanks for posting this.  I was pulling my hair out.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 04:23:12 pm by fricy »

VarrgieCaelai

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 05, 2014, 01:17:59 am »

I've been getting a crash that happens every time I try to open dwarf fortress. Upon pressing Play in the GUI, the dfhack terminal starts up, but dwarf fortress always quits unexpectedly. Does anyone else get this? This is the error I get in the terminal, if that helps.

Code: [Select]
Last login: Fri Dec  5 16:33:05 on ttys000
Ronans-MacBook-Pro:~ Varrgie$ /Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf\ Fortress/dfhack ; exit;
dfhack: attempting to hook in
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
/Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/dfhack: line 15:  1118 Bus error: 10           DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"

logout

[Process completed]

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 05, 2014, 03:12:31 pm »

I've been getting a crash that happens every time I try to open dwarf fortress. Upon pressing Play in the GUI, the dfhack terminal starts up, but dwarf fortress always quits unexpectedly. Does anyone else get this? This is the error I get in the terminal, if that helps.
Hmm, not really. Which OS version, and what settings do you use? Do you have TWBT graphic mode activated? What happens if you switch to 2D mode in the launcher?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MacNewbie Pack v0.9.14 with DF 40.19
« Reply #282 on: December 05, 2014, 05:51:34 pm »

Macnewbie 0.9.14 | DF40.19 featuring Tergel Tileset

Introducing the new stockpiles plugin inspired by Mechanixm and created by rmblr. This is a massive improvement to the copystock plugin, from now on you can save your stockpile settings, export these presets, and restore them later. Select any stockpile with (q)uery tool and press (l)oad to start the GUI and explore the bundled presets.

Warning: the plugin is still in beta, and there's an elusive osx specific bug in this release. If you load a preset which has any customization to quality settings they may or may not restore correctly. So for now double check after loading such presets, like the included AutoMelt to not destroy something important! I'm including this plugin because the workaround is simple, to load the MechGuides-Animals preset first to 'format' the stockpile, then you can load anything.

Download MacNewbie 0.9.14 from DFFD
Download MacNewbie 0.9.14 from Dropbox

Spoiler: Changelog: (click to show/hide)

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #283 on: December 05, 2014, 05:53:32 pm »

Does a window appear with crash report? If so, copy-paste it for us.

VarrgieCaelai

• Bay Watcher
  • [TRANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 05, 2014, 06:02:11 pm »

Hmm, not really. Which OS version, and what settings do you use? Do you have TWBT graphic mode activated? What happens if you switch to 2D mode in the launcher?

I've got OS X 10.8.3, and I've tried launching it in 2D mode, but I'm still getting the same crash. Here's the crash report (it is rather long):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: I just updated my computer to OS X yosemite, and it works fine.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:00:26 pm by VarrgieCaelai »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 34