Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34

Author Topic: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04  (Read 317097 times)

I haz no No Names

• Bay Watcher
  • *Former*BS12 Player
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.9.18 with DF 40.24
« Reply #405 on: November 29, 2015, 12:02:16 am »

The image on Dropbox and DFFD both seem to be corrupted. Can you check into it?

I can confirm that. The file is 147 mb instead of the listed 140 mb. I've checked the SHA-256 sum and it returns the same one on the page: 55e73c5ed3af182b751165994e254ba6c36ab89b9f49f92468bbd2c3bfc368fc

Edit: I cannot check the Dropbox file due to the service being blocked where I live.

沉舟侧畔千帆过,病树前头万木春。
-A sunken ship has had over a thousand (many) sails go past it, a sick (dead) tree has thousands of trees blossoming in front of it.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 29, 2015, 02:48:16 am »

I can confirm that. The file is 147 mb instead of the listed 140 mb. I've checked the SHA-256 sum and it returns the same one on the page: 55e73c5ed3af182b751165994e254ba6c36ab89b9f49f92468bbd2c3bfc368fc

Edit: I cannot check the Dropbox file due to the service being blocked where I live.

Thx for letting me know, reuploading now to dffd.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #407 on: November 29, 2015, 02:58:11 am »

I'm getting a corrupted file error from the Dropbox version and the DFFD version, oddly, on my MacBook Pro (mid-2015 version).

EDIT:  ....Ah, I see I'm not the only one.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:01:26 am by Romeofalling »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 29, 2015, 04:11:18 am »

Hey,
Thank you for your patience, this time the upload seems to be successful at least on DFFD. Let me know if there's a problem.

Download MacNewbie 0.9.18 from DFFD
Download MacNewbie 0.9.18 from Dropbox
SHA-256: bef808845977a1eb78ba8a862e587f3564de6b71fbe7037105eacbdcbf64285b

This release is based on dfhack-40.24-r5, which contains a tons of new features and stability improvements, for details read the release notes.
Contains two new utilities: Armok Vision and Announcement Window.

Troubleshooting: If the launcher can't update your savegames, and your encounter graphical glitches like this, the problem is due to the install logging feature of the launcher. In a nutshell, save games now store the installed raw configuration, and without this config file the launcher will ignore these older saves.
To fix this:
  • Install your desired graphics
  • Open finder and navigate to Dwarf Fortress/raws, select 'installed_raws.txt'
  • Copy this configuration file into your save folder's raw directory.
  • Press the 'Update Savegames' button in the launcher to finalize the process.

Spoiler: Full changelog (click to show/hide)
STRIKE THE EARTH!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 12:27:05 pm by fricy »

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #409 on: November 29, 2015, 05:32:18 am »

I confirm that I have successfully downloaded, extracted and run the programs in the latest upload variation.

....although I am assuming that GemSet shouldn't be mucking with the ASCII that's actually supposed to be ASCII. It's a mite weird trying to recall which one of those commands is "load previous fortress" when they're all animals and stuff.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 29, 2015, 05:40:33 am »

I confirm that I have successfully downloaded, extracted and run the programs in the latest upload variation.
....although I am assuming that GemSet shouldn't be mucking with the ASCII that's actually supposed to be ASCII. It's a mite weird trying to recall which one of those commands is "load previous fortress" when they're all animals and stuff.
Gemset needs TWBT rendering to run correctly, if you switch to 2D from default it won't work correctly. If you want ASCII like graphics with 2D mode I'd recommend you try Grimfortress (low res) or Taffer (HD).

I haz no No Names

• Bay Watcher
  • *Former*BS12 Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 29, 2015, 07:38:58 am »

Thanks for the upload, a question, is this regular to happen every time I gen a second world consecutively/ quit?

For the record, TWBT is off, is set to 2D font rendering with Truetype fonts, no current games.

[DFHack]# /Applications/Macnewbie/Dwarf Fortress/dfhack: line 15:  3648 Segmentation fault: 11  DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"

沉舟侧畔千帆过,病树前头万木春。
-A sunken ship has had over a thousand (many) sails go past it, a sick (dead) tree has thousands of trees blossoming in front of it.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 29, 2015, 08:12:19 am »

Thanks for the upload, a question, is this regular to happen every time I gen a second world consecutively/ quit?
For the record, TWBT is off, is set to 2D font rendering with Truetype fonts, no current games.
If you mean, that the game segfaults and crashes when you want to quit, then the answer is yes, it's nothing new with this version. I usually just enter 'die' into the terminal, instead of using quit in the menu.
If I misunderstood, and the game crashes when generating a world, then please supply more details.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #413 on: November 29, 2015, 10:22:22 am »

Gemset needs TWBT rendering to run correctly, if you switch to 2D from default it won't work correctly. If you want ASCII like graphics with 2D mode I'd recommend you try Grimfortress (low res) or Taffer (HD).

Okay, this is strange and possibly off-topic, but now the lettering is displaying correctly but there is definitely something wrong with the way it's rendering GemSet.

The first image should be of my turkeys and untrained dog. The second one looks alright except for the dwarves in the bottom right corner. I mention this here entirely in case your packaged settings are incorrect. I'll also post this to the GemSet thread.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 29, 2015, 10:58:50 am »

Okay, this is strange and possibly off-topic, but now the lettering is displaying correctly but there is definitely something wrong with the way it's rendering GemSet.

The first image should be of my turkeys and untrained dog. The second one looks alright except for the dwarves in the bottom right corner. I mention this here entirely in case your packaged settings are incorrect. I'll also post this to the GemSet thread.
Looks like a faulty/partial installation. Was this a previously generated save? With Macnewbie 0.9.16a? Have you followed these instructions?

Troubleshooting: If the launcher won't update your savegames, the problem is due to the install logging feature of the launcher.
To fix this: Install your desired graphics, navigate to Dwarf Fortress/raws, select 'installed_raws.txt' and copy this configuration file into your save folder's raw directory. Now the launcher should be able to update your saves.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #415 on: November 29, 2015, 11:27:59 am »

Looks like a faulty/partial installation. Was this a previously generated save? With Macnewbie 0.9.16a? Have you followed these instructions?

Previously generated, yes. While I was waiting for you to upload a non-corrupted copy MacNewbPack to Dropbox, I dl'd the base game, built a world, picked an embark site, and struck the earth. Spent the time creating a world with more civilizations than usual.

The troubleshooting tip fixed it, thanks! Is this why "Process Legends Exports" isn't working either?

PS - I absolutely do not see a troubleshooting file anywhere in the MacNewbie subfolders. Where is?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 29, 2015, 11:35:45 am »

If it returns the same checksum, that's a good sign that it's not corrupted. The discrepancy between sizes is probably due to to DFFD considering a megabyte to be 1,048,576 (2^20) bytes and your machine considering it to be 1,000,000 bytes (i.e. a 140 MB size reported on DFFD would be reported as 146.8 MB on your machine).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 29, 2015, 12:17:37 pm »

The troubleshooting tip fixed it, thanks! Is this why "Process Legends Exports" isn't working either?

PS - I absolutely do not see a troubleshooting file anywhere in the MacNewbie subfolders. Where is?
No problem, & thx for the warning, I updated DFFD with the instructions, so it's easier to find. It's not in the download, so don't look for it...
Process legends export is working, I tested it just now:
  • Open legends (even in fortress mode with Ctrl-Shift-L)
  • Export all legends data with Ctrl-A
  • Run Process exports from the launcher. Wait for the compression to finish. It can take some time on large worlds.
  • Find exported legends in User Generated Content/[region name]
Ok, I can see that there's a problem with the script: If your renamed the region folder to something else it has a problem compressing and  organizing the files, but it should at least copy them.

//Peridexiserrant: The legends processor script has a trouble with recognizing filenames, when the save game folder is not the default. Eg region2 works ok, but region2-mod won't.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #418 on: November 29, 2015, 04:28:06 pm »

• Open legends (even in fortress mode with Ctrl-Shift-L)
  • Export all legends data with Ctrl-A
  • Run Process exports from the launcher. Wait for the compression to finish. It can take some time on large worlds.
  • Find exported legends in User Generated Content/[region name]

Are you suggesting that there are undocumented commands in Dwarf Fortress!?! I am *shocked* by the discovery.

I had no idea that you could do that with active files. I was trying to do it with "abandoned" Legends folders.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 29, 2015, 04:36:34 pm »

Those are DFHack commands bound to those keys (with the DFHack keybinding command).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 34