Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34

Author Topic: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04  (Read 317063 times)

Ladygolem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MacNewbie Pack v0.10.3 with DF 42.04
« Reply #480 on: February 18, 2016, 06:55:43 pm »

PTW

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 29, 2016, 09:30:38 pm »

... So....
... tum-tee-tum...
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Brynjólfur

• Escaped Lunatic
  • From Iceland. My Work: Battlefield, Eve-Online
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
« Reply #482 on: May 13, 2016, 07:06:10 am »

Hi,

Any news on when we can expect the next update? Will you be going straight for the most recent one? :)
Praise the sun!

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 22, 2016, 01:07:28 pm »

Vanilla df_43_04_osx doesn't start for me (10.11.5 El Capitan). Does it work for anybody?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 22, 2016, 01:21:35 pm »

Have you tried the instructions here?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 22, 2016, 02:04:09 pm »

Have you tried the instructions here?
Yep, changing PRINT_MODE to NORMAL helped. Thank you.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 23, 2016, 09:33:05 pm »

Uh, STANDARD, actually. But if you did use NORMAL, DF wouldn't recognize it, and it would fall back to STANDARD anyway (so there isn't really any difference).

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Ysgard

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 09, 2016, 10:21:10 pm »

The pack is infected by the Eleanor trojan - it's in the AnnouncementWindow app.   :o

BitDefender picks it up, as does Endpoint Security.

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/cybercrime/2016/07/new-mac-backdoor-malware-eleanor/

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 09, 2016, 11:01:49 pm »

I would say it's pretty likely that's a false positive. AnnouncementWindow is a packaged Python app, which unzips itself at runtime, which lots of AV software thinks is suspicious.

luneya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 13, 2016, 02:18:18 am »

These delays are really unacceptable. After each DF release, there should be an LNP version available within a week or so--even if it's just a stripped-down version containing only the utilities designed for the old DF that aren't too badly broken by the new one. Updated LNPs can then be released once the maintainers of utilities update their code.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 13, 2016, 03:16:53 am »

I hope fricy's is okay. I thought he would be back like a month ago. And with Toady having added some extra bits to Dwarf Fortress, it seems like that would have revived his interest.

These delays are really unacceptable. After each DF release, there should be an LNP version available within a week or so--even if it's just a stripped-down version containing only the utilities designed for the old DF that aren't too badly broken by the new one. Updated LNPs can then be released once the maintainers of utilities update their code.

I don't know if you've seen this already, but maybe one of these will meet your needs until fricy is able to update again. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158322.0 They don't have very many utilities in them, though.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 13, 2016, 04:42:22 am »

You are of course welcome to make and release your own pack, if you're not happy with how the present maintainers are doing it.  Otherwise I suggest you consider that we are volunteers with no obligation to do anything at all, and be grateful.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 21, 2016, 03:10:29 am »

So does macnewbie work on the newest version of DF?
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

bo_knows

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 23, 2016, 01:44:43 pm »

Brand new player here. Downloaded v0.10.3 for OSX.

I can get DF to run, but when I was going through the DFVIDTUTS2015 videos, I saw him do Shift+, and Shift+. to go up and down a level. This showed more than one level at once.  I've come to know that this is from TWBT. However, I get the following errors in my DFHack console, and I can't seem to have multilevels because TWBT doesn't load. "TWBT is not a recognized command."  "TWBT is a plugin that is not loaded - Try 'Load TWBT' or check stderr.log".    My stderr.log shows this line well before TWBT blows up "loading plugin twbt. loaded plugin twbt; DFHack build 0.42.04-alpha2-0-gb62a867"

What's even stranger is that right when the game loads, the DFHack console says: "TWBT: version 5.55".  It's only upon loading my world up (embarked) that it errors out.

One thing I found interesting was that GemSet's graphics seem to allow multilevel rendering without TWBT, but I'm trying to use Spacefox because DFVIDTUTS does and I wanted to follow along.

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 01:54:11 pm by bo_knows »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 23, 2016, 02:29:00 pm »

I think in Dwarf Fortress/data/init/init.txt, you need to change
[PRINT_MODE:STANDARD] or whatever you have it set to to
[PRINT_MODE:TWBT]

(note that if you run vanilla game without dfhack it reverts to standard if it doesn't recognize the command).
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34