Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Update - V.3d - Magic, HireGuard, Kobold Bugfixes, DfStoryMaker & Animal Farming  (Read 7020 times)

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1

Speaking of tears and bloods of Armok. I would suggest changing them to fill a magma tanker instead of bottle. It is much easier to build a track stop and have them dump into a hole than to build some kind of building destroying collapse. I would also like to see a fill magmatanker with water reaction somewhere (well?) just for ease of use. Additionally you should be able to use autosyndrom to trigger magma forages/furnaces with the dfhack command and tie that into fill magmaflask from blood of Armok reaction to make them a bit more useful.
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi there sorry to bother you guys, i am just trying out the latest update of dwarf fortress masterwork and so far everything is great and the new animal butchery system is interesting (heart, stomachs, intestines). There is only one snag, how do you build the mages guild. i can't find it in the workshop menus, i am using the asci tileset (which i hope has nothing to do with this hiccup). i really want to try out the new magic system.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile

The Mage's guild is under the workshop menu.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

well in my workshop menu, under the magic section there is only the liquid spawner and the Colosseum. It's not in the furnaces menu and i can't see it in the general building menu. My apologies if i am being extremely thick but i just can't see the build option for the mages guild. Could it be a bug or something?

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1

Did you generate a new world for 3d?
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes i did generate a new world, i got rid of my old word when i got the latest version of masterwork. How else would i see all the new features without creating a new world.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so as billy jack said, the mages guild is supposed to be in the workshop menu under the magic section right. Just very wierd that it's not there. cheers for the replies billy jack and silentdeth.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

*sigh*
Which tileset are you using?

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i am useing asci, gamerlord. Is that the problem do you think.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Try copying over the object raws from the Matrix tileset. Meph sometimes forgets to copy them across.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

okay thanks for the suggestion gamerlord. The only problem is i am not to sure how to do that, i have never done anything with raws before. i did kind of wonder if it was something to do with my tileset. i Can change tilesets to matrix by turning off  the game, switching the tilesets and turning the game back on again. maybe that will do the trick. Shame though i am quite used to playing in asci, lol.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DOH, i switched my tileset to matrix and then searched the workshop menu, yet still no mages guild, SIGH.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay i think i figured out the problem, i am so daft. In the settings i had taken off the magic settings because it had the names of the old magic buildings (ie hall of the mountain king),as i thought those buttons were not important anymore, i have turned those buttons back on, though nothing is showing up on the menu, so if i want the magic guild, do i have to start a new fort or gen a new world? ps, sorry to be a nusiance guys, i appreciate all your help.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

okay i guess i only have to start a new fort but i think i will generate a new world just to be the safe side. Shame my fort was quite nicely organised and i had few tough, champion dwarfs. oh well, time to start afresh.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wow, kind of amazed, i wiped my old world, generated a new world and started a brand new fort (useing asci tileset), i have the magic buildings buttons 'ON' in the settings and yet still there is no magic guild in my workshop building menu. Oh well, i guess i will have to enjoy the new version of masterwork without any magic weilding dwarfs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3