Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Update - V.3d - Magic, HireGuard, Kobold Bugfixes, DfStoryMaker & Animal Farming  (Read 7021 times)

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile

Check where the decoration items are located, such as the "patch of grass".  If it is under workshops, then you are still using 3c.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wow, you are right billy jack, decorations is under workshops. yet how can i be playing 3c. I have all of the other new features such as the new butchering system (fur, stomachs and intestines). I could have sworn when i downloaded the new version it replaced the old version, the setting looked slightly different for instance. hmmmmm. so can i really be playing 3c, if i have the new butchering system?, still if you are right billy jack, i might wipe masterwork of my computer and just try downloading version 3d once again.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i also have the new hire guard feature ( though it was in my embassy not the tavern), would that not suggest i have the new 3d version of masterwork.

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems you were right billy jack, when i downloaded the 3d version i was sure i had replaced all the old files with the new ones but i something must have gone wrong. I wiped of all my masterwork files and have downloaded 3d all over again. just fired up a new fort and can now see the new magical buildings. AWESOME. thanks for your help billy jack. take it easy mate and thanks to everybody else who also tried to help. I hope all of you guys have a lot of fun enjoying version 3d. Adios.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was a little plugin that allowed you to set max numbers of animals and autoassigned animals that go over that limit for butchery. Gonna try and find it.

/edit: Oh, you found it already, is it in here?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:55:48 pm by Firehawk45 »

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

autobutcher Firehawk45, and yes it's in the download.  I use it extensively.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile

The autobutcher GUI feature is included.  Using default keybindings: Z --> Animals --> Shift+B
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

daemoria

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERTEX_SMITH]
    • View Profile

I might be overlooking it somewhere, but is there something special i need to do to play with the new Masterwork tileset? I really like the look of the engraved walls, and want to try out the new features for the workshops/animated grasses.

3 <≡Vertex≡>
This is a exceptionally prepared stack of 3 vertex. It forms the shape of a triangle.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Its the tileset thats on by default. I cant rename the UI button atm, its called "Matrix" tileset, because no one was actually playing with the Matrix set.

So yeah, just download and play, and you get the new tileset.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The autobutcher GUI feature is included.  Using default keybindings: Z --> Animals --> Shift+B

Nice, thank you :) Let the slaughter begin!

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

That's not working for me. Is there any way to find what it might be bound to if not that key?
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Strings:
- type "startdwarf #" before you embark to change your embarking 7 to #.
- type "fullheal" while looking at a creature to heal it.
- type "DiggingInvaders help" to test the beta-version of invaders that can mine into your fort.
- type "rendermax enable" to test the beta-version of a lighting system for DF. Needs OpenGL-supporting GPUs.

Many more strings are available, type "dir" into dfhack to get a full list of all strings you can enter. The four I listed above are custom-written, but the vanilla dfhack already includes many plugins for you.

Hotkeys:
- P while looking at a weaponrack allows it to be assigned to squads.
- Shift-Enter while trading will trade an item/stack and move the cursor one step down, helps to trade faster.
- Shift-B while looking at the pet list opens the Autobutcher UI.
- Ctrl-W changed view of water, shows either tile or numbers.
- Ctrl-Q quicksaves the game.
- Ctrl-M while looking with 'q' at a mechanisms shows what it is linked to.
- Ctrl-O while looking with 'q' at a room will show roomlist and owners.
- Ctrl-F opens the DwarfMonitor UI, showing how effective your dwarves work.
- Ctrl-V while looking at a mineral-vein will designate it for digging.
- Ctrl-C while looking at a tile with 'k' will clean it.
- Ctrl-D wile looking at a workshop duplicates the selected job.
- Ctrl-U while looking at a unit shows more details.
- Ctrl-W while looking at the military equipment screen allows weapon auto-select.

- Ctrl-Shift-P while looking at text => Prints text into the forumdwarves.txt in the DF folder.
- Ctrl-Shift-V while looking at a mineral-vein will designate it for stairs.
- Ctrl-Shift-K will destroy all items designated for dumping on the selected tile.
- Ctrl-Shift-N will rename a unit or building.
- Ctrl-Shift-T will rename a unit profession.
- Ctrl-Shift-M while looking at a pressure plate enables linking it to machine power, waterwheels and windmills.

- Alt-A while looking at a siege engine using 'q' allows manual loading and shooting.
- Alt-P while looking at a stockpile copies the stockpile settings.
- Alt-L while looking at a tile with 'k' opens the liquid-spawner UI.
- Alt-P while defining minecart routes open the GuidePath script.
- Alt-A while looking at a workshop job shows job details.

- Alt-Shift-N sorts units/items by name in the on-screen list.
- Alt-Shift-R sorts units by arrival in the on-screen list.
- Alt-Shift-T sorts units by profession/items by material in the on-screen list.
- Alt-Shift-Q sorts units by squad/items by quality modifier in the on-screen list.

Adventure Mode Hotkeys:
- Ctrl-B will run adv-bodyswap.
- Ctrl-Shift-B will run adv-bodyswap force.
- Ctrl-T will open the AdvFort UI.

Workflow Plugin Hotkeys:
- Alt-W while looking at a workshop opens the Workflow UI.
- Alt-W while in the 'z' status screen opens the Workflow Status UI.
- Ctrl-W while looking at a workshop opens Workflow UI.
- Ctrl-I opens Workflow Status UI.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(there seems to be some redundancy here with Workflow. I myself never used it, so maybe someone else can help me correct the entries. The dfhack init currently has those:
# workflow front-end
keybinding add Alt-W@dwarfmode/QueryBuilding/Some/Workshop/Job gui/workflow => Whats the difference to the next line?
keybinding add Ctrl-W@dwarfmode/QueryBuilding/Some "gui/workflow"
keybinding add Alt-W@overallstatus "gui/workflow status" => Isnt this the same as the line below?
keybinding add Ctrl-I "gui/workflow status"

EDIT: If you alt+tab out of the game, the game still thinks that the alt key is pressed. Press alt once to get rid of it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

EDIT: If you alt+tab out of the game, the game still thinks that the alt key is pressed. Press alt once to get rid of it.

Thanks, that did it.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.
Pages: 1 2 [3]