Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Frontier  (Read 7414 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Frontier
« on: July 23, 2013, 05:11:22 pm »

Frontier

Welcome, frontiersmen! You and your team, whom you've been training for over a year now, must embark on an adventure to find a new home! Our homeland, Irongrasp, has long been on the verge of anarchy. Overpopulation, food shortages, social inequality, these have plagued our once great kingdom. Your instructions are in the various manuals sent along with this scroll, along with a map. Your equipment will be waiting in the Gate.

Spoiler: Game+Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Playable Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Backstory (click to show/hide)

I'll choose the most appropriate or most interesting characters for the party. The rest will be on the waitlist until a PC drops out or is killed. They might also be added in if things are going to slowly.

Most of the game mechanics will be explained as you do it, such as starting the first town, combat, etc.

By the way, I've written a story about dwarves here: Short Stories
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:25:22 pm by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 05:12:01 pm »

~Reserved~
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 05:38:52 pm »

Hm, suppose you still need to list the skills & bonuses?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 05:52:32 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 05:49:53 pm »

Spoiler: Eberk Bauxitechisel (click to show/hide)
WIP
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 05:58:32 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 05:53:52 pm »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Not completed yet (AKA the backstory and description, but should be ready mechanics wise.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 08:01:56 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 06:01:22 pm »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 12:14:03 am by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 06:06:31 pm »

GWG, I'd suggest respeccing your character for survival, if the implications of that are to be assumed (As in, survival is the skillset used to not only find food and such for a settlement, but also for raw materials like ores and quality stone.)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 06:13:50 pm »

Question: are dwarves still stoneculi, or have they turned to proper flesh?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 07:17:05 pm »

Name: Kaerith
Sex: Female
Race: Fae
Skills: +1 Divining with Animals, +1 to fighting w/ claws and teeth, Can communicate w/ animals
Bio: Kaerith appears as a large, brown, alpha female wolf. She often fights using her natural weapons rather than normal ones, and will often fight things just for fun. Her parents were killed by a group dedicated to killing Fae, and she lived on the streets. Most ignored her plight due to her appearance, and eventually turn to extortion and thievery, before hearing of the chance to live a life on the frontier. She joined instantly, and had proven to be a great warrior even without weapons.

Associated Department: Reclamation
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 07:43:32 pm »

GWG, I'd suggest respeccing your character for survival, if the implications of that are to be assumed (As in, survival is the skillset used to not only find food and such for a settlement, but also for raw materials like ores and quality stone.)
I will consider your request.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 08:19:49 pm »

Name: Peter
Sex: No. (sorry, sorry, male)
Race: Fae (Eurasian Magpie)
Skills: +1 to Divining with Animals, +1 to Finding Shinies, ability to Communicate with Wildlife.
Bio: Appearance, Personality, Backstory, etc.

Associated Department: Exploration

Not done yet
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:07:23 am by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 10:41:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I assumed that the tech level was roughly medieval when I was typing up my character, but the only reference to tech are the flesh-techs who created the dwarves. So; bow and arrows, anachronism or normal fare?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:11:19 am by swordsmith04 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 10:44:18 pm »

In case my question was missed, hidden in my character sheet: What/How many/Etc skills are we allowed to choose to add on?
Sig

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 10:48:41 pm »

Dwarves
Dwarves were once stone homunculi tasked with mining riches for Irongrasp. The Flesh-Techs experimented further and further with the Stoneculi and became so advanced that they developed sentience and after a long uprising earned citizenship. Since they are artificial, they have a lot of trouble with Divination

Dwarves are very strong and have an iron will. They have an ingrained knowledge of rocks and minerals and require very little to sustain themselves. +1 to Rocks and Mining, -1 to Divining Attacks (against and for them), requires ration every month instead of half a month.

The bolded part is your skills, you choose none.

You have +1 to mining, -1 to diving, half ration requirement.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 10:50:53 pm »

PTW
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!