Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Frontier  (Read 7581 times)

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 07:02:19 pm »

(( Uhm dude, the fae packs are mine.... Thats the rest of the reclaimers. ))
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:03:53 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 07:03:43 pm »

They're hunters. That falls under Survival, doesn't it?

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013, 07:05:00 pm »

(( Falls under both I guess. So how about a split, I take 2, you take 2 and 1 remains with the rest to provide protection.

Although Ideally you can then use them to train some humans into hunters because I'm gonna need all those fae a bit later. I've got a couple of jobs to do that require fae's special skills.

Btw Cheese, how do we gain more families? Breeding is obvious for fae given that they could have in some cases 4-5 kids at a time and they'd only need 4-5 years to grow up but thats a long turn solution.

How do we increase our numbers in the short term? ))
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:08:37 pm by Alexandria »
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2013, 07:08:18 pm »

((I'd just like to point out that they are currently our only means of gathering food, and we have no stockpile. We don't know how long the turn is, and we need one ration per family and half a ration per dwarven family by the end of the week. Feel free to take a few packs off doing reclamation, but I don't think we can spare even one pack for protection if you take two.))

((EDIT: I was planning on training a few humans into decent bowmen/hunters by myself later, so you'll have the Fae at some point. But at this point, I think food is a greater concern.))

((EDIT2: Gah. I'm pretty sure we can count on immigration. We are in the frontier, after all.))
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:10:11 pm by swordsmith04 »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 07:10:30 pm »

(( We have enough food for a little while mate and 2 packs of fae is plenty for hunting our numbers ain't huge at the moment. The food won't do much good if the families get killed because nobody is protecting them.

You can always take 2-3 families of humans to help them hunt.

Not really, we have 3 concerns, food, protection and clearing the area of predators. We have some food, we have reclaimers and hunters. So we need 1 family or more to provide protection 2 or more to clear predators and 2 or more to hunt.))
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:14:00 pm by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2013, 07:13:15 pm »

((Did I miss something? That 100 supplies are building material, not food, by the way. We have exactly no rations at all at the moment.))

((Edit: Fair point. What're you planning on using those Fae packs for, anyway?))
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:16:15 pm by swordsmith04 »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 07:15:35 pm »

(( Thats only building supplies mate, we won't have come out here with no supplies of food or water it'd be stupid, it just ain't listed.
Coming to the middle of nowhere to build a new city and forgetting to bring food.

But even if your right it doesn't really change anything. The people have to be protected and the area has to be cleared of predators so we have to split the 5 families up either way. You want to hunt food, I need to get to work clearing the area and the families need at least 1 group to keep them safe while we're away. ))
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:20:26 pm by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 07:21:44 pm »

((I'd be disappointed in our GM if we have food and it isn't even mentioned, considering the demand was. But I've edited my post.))

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 07:24:00 pm »

(( Well I doubt we came with no rations at all but it's possible. ))
Now it never would.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2013, 07:25:32 pm »

((It's possible, and quite likely in my opinion, that we ate everything we brought or hunted along the way.))

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2013, 07:29:20 pm »

((I'll just go search the mountain for mines and other stuff of interest, then, shall I? Alexandria, feel free to come along with any troops you're using. Oh, also, I'd suggest turning a few families of humans into actual combat troops, probably spears and bows for now.))
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2013, 07:31:06 pm »

((I'm already on my way up to find the old quarry paths. I've got a +1 to Archery and intend on having something to shoot or throw, so you can come with me, I suppose.))

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2013, 07:31:43 pm »

(( I guess, but it'd be common sense to bring enough rations to sustain us while we begin setting up. ))

Leave 1 fae family to guard the group, take 2 families out with me and search everything within a mile of our camp killing any non intelligence predators. (( In short kill animals but don't attack orcs or goblins.

I'm gonna be searching the area to begin clearing it out, but use the humans for whatever you like I'm just gonna use the fae. They fit better for my job.

The sooner you train up some humans the better I wanna get to work but I can't until all the fae are ready. I was gonna train some human guards but your already doing it.

My fae will use leather armor and teeth and claws. Fae can't really use bows since most of them have claws which would split the bowstrings. ))
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:44:45 pm by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2013, 07:47:24 pm »

Survival is to ensure that the new town you have created can support itself. They must me able to grow their own crops, obtain their own resources, and defend themselves. A Survival Frontiersman must search for proper crops or livestock for the town to focus production.

[snip]

Reclamation is to be able to fight back the vile creatures that have overtaken Krag. The Reclamation Frontiersman must be able to defend himself, his Frontiersmen comrades, and be able to find the surrounding enemy's weakness and relay it to the new city.

((Not to mention that training a militia is a Survival responsibility, not a Reclamation one. You poacher. ;) I'll get on it within a turn or two, I promise.))

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2013, 07:55:22 pm »

(( Fae can't really use bows since most of them have claws which would split the bowstrings. ))
((Wut?))
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6