Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Frontier  (Read 7409 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2013, 08:21:39 pm »

Right, let's get this out of the way.

(( Not that I know of, I only asked for changes on the reclaimer forces since they are under my command. ))
Except that they aren't specifically yours. They're hunters, which is Survival. I'm letting you use them because they're the closest thing to soldiers* we have and you seem to think your job is more important than mine. They're as much, if not moreso, mine as yours. The conversation with the GM should've been had in the thread (in fact, please quote the entire thing), and if you absolutely had to have had it via PM, I should have been at least asked about it.

This is a four-player team effort here, Alexandria. The workforce overlaps; check with us before you decide anything, and do so in the actual thread. Maybe you just didn't want us disagreeing, though.

*And while we're on the subject, I'd like to point out hunters are not the same thing as soldiers. One can serve as the other in a pinch, but you've made the mistake of assuming one is as good as the other. And that because they could act as soldiers if needed, they must obviously be Reclamation...

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2013, 08:23:08 pm »

(( Not that I know of, I only asked for changes on the reclaimer forces since they are under my command. ))
Except that that has an effect on an entire species, a species my character is part of.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2013, 08:27:50 pm »

(( Not a species, on the limited number currently present which is a fraction of 1% of a species.

As for quoting it, I don't have it I delete my messages as I go unless they contain something thats important. I asked for reclaimers specifically to be altered, at the time I assumed it would be a separate group for each of us not a single group for both of our jobs.

I never said my job was more important at all so please don't tell me what I'm thinking, it's insulting. I said we had multiple jobs that needed doing and couldn't send the entire force off to do a single job.

Since I asked specifically about reclaimers I had no reason to ask any of you, since I'm the one controlling the reclaimers, I didn't assume hunters were soldiers or as good as the other, or that they had to be reclaimers, again. Insulting to assume you know what I'm thinking.))
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2013, 08:28:09 pm »

You know, you guys CAN just ask the GM, right?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2013, 08:30:43 pm »

(( I've been waiting for him to get involved. ))
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2013, 08:52:24 pm »

As for quoting it, I don't have it I delete my messages as I go unless they contain something thats important. I asked for reclaimers specifically to be altered, at the time I assumed it would be a separate group for each of us not a single group for both of our jobs.

Alright. So what constitutes the reclaimers? The Fae hunters I'm using certainly don't, and the group guarding the building site is debatable.

I never said my job was more important at all so please don't tell me what I'm thinking, it's insulting. I said we had multiple jobs that needed doing and couldn't send the entire force off to do a single job.

That's the impression I get.
Those jobs don't all need to be done at once. We absolutely must have food, or this is going to be a pretty short game. Meanwhile, most of the predators in the area probably don't even know we're here yet, and a group a hundred strong will intimidate all but the strongest from even trying. You think one pack of Fae hunters is good enough to defend the caravan; we haven't accounted for the actions of five human families, yet. They could do the job better.

Since I asked specifically about reclaimers I had no reason to ask any of you, since I'm the one controlling the reclaimers, I didn't assume hunters were soldiers or as good as the other, or that they had to be reclaimers, again. Insulting to assume you know what I'm thinking.))

This is one of the issues I have. The 'reclaimers' isn't a distinct group, and we have to share the workforce. If you want something a certain way and it affects us, you should ask us before you go to the GM. How would you feel if I had gone to the GM instead of you and declared all of the Fae were explicitly bowmen and would work exclusively for me? (I did do the last bit, but I realized pretty quickly that others might have issues with that. That doesn't appear to have occurred to you.)

And you didn't assume the Fae were all reclaimers?
(( Uhm dude, the fae packs are mine.... Thats the rest of the reclaimers. ))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2013, 08:54:08 pm »

Look, we should just wait for the GM to update the turn, the argue then. This would certainly help clear up a few misconceptions, especially if some of our questions are answered.
At any rate, if anyone else has any building ideas, tell me about them, and we'll see if it's feasible.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2013, 09:04:25 pm »

Alright. We'll need a workshop and lumber mill at some point. A tannery would make use of the hides of the animals the hunters will be bringing in. If we roll poorly on the river, we'll want a well or two. I'd suggest building the town in such a way that there's an open space in the center, for a future square/market.

I can tell I'm going to be training up some human soldiers pretty soon, so a barracks would be useful. Who knows, we might even find horses and need a stable. If building pastures and such falls under construction, I'd like a few of those, too.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2013, 09:15:57 pm »

Well I've asked the gm to split the reclaimers and survivors.

Barracks as well as tanners, fletchers, smiths, training space.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 09:18:39 pm by Alexandria »
Now it never would.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2013, 09:19:58 pm »

And how I was supposed to know that if you do everything in PMs?

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2013, 09:26:07 pm »

..... That would be why I just told you I've done it. Since I've only just done it.
Now it never would.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2013, 09:34:15 pm »

I was referring to that PM conversation with Taricus you mentioned but edited out. You said you'd already requested a barracks, as if I should've known that already.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2013, 09:35:10 pm »

That would be why I edited it back out.
Now it never would.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2013, 09:38:38 pm »

I was referring to that PM conversation with Taricus you mentioned but edited out. You said you'd already requested a barracks, as if I should've known that already.
That wasn't a PM conversation, rather it was one over IRC

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2013, 05:59:30 am »

Okay, guys, I'll clear things up in the turn. Sorry it took so long.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6