Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 2349

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!  (Read 1113553 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!
« on: July 23, 2013, 06:24:12 pm »

OOC Thread
Rules&Sheet
Put Book Requests Here

{*}Twilight Academy{*}

School Phase Thread

All of you, no matter whether you were chosen to be part of Alpha Team or not, stand before the gates of Twilight Academy. It is unlike anywhere you've ever seen before, so vastly removed from the things you thought of as mundane that you can hardly comprehend it.

Yes, Magic exists, as do gods and the like, but something like... this... is unheard of, impossible, even.

If it was just the insane design of the thing, it would be understandable. At first glance, the place seems to be made of a dark grey stone, smooth and polished, which forms four large walls that enclose the School proper, which is best described as a castle, but... not really.

See, the castle itself is huge, its main building extending what seems to be hundreds of meters into the sky, but even that isn't the crazy part. The crazy part is that it seems to... move, whenever noone is looking, new towers being formed and dissappearing, some normal, to certain vailues of normal, others simply sticking out of the sides of the building like tumros, sideways... and yet somehow, you can see forms walking through them as if they were perfectly upright.

of course, fitting with its impossible nature, the castle is on a rock floating in a void of empty darkness, save for an artificial sun that blazes down from high above, lighting and heating the building, feeling rather pleasant, like a warm summer's eve, upon your backs.

There are dozens, almost a hundred children of all ages around you, from clamoring children to downtrodden teens, from cheery cheerleader types to the kind of incredible beefcake that seems to have more slabs of muscle on his body than most people have skin cells.

Those of you in Alpha squad have been gathered together by a girl, appearing to be somewhere around the age of fifteen, wearing a red cloak, hood pulled back from her face to show off brilliant, bright blue eyes and bright brown hair, almost blonde, a shy but happy smile showing in her features. "Hey... You all are Alpha, right? Hi, I'm Fortuna... I'm supposed to be your sponsor here. I actually graduated last year, so I'm here to help you all get aquainted with the place and help you out for a little while until you all are ready to go out on your own... I hope that we all work well together, okay?"
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 12:17:45 am by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 06:27:10 pm »

Kyle looks around nervously as he steps as far away from the other males of the group as possible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 06:39:27 pm »

Angel stands towards one side of the crowd, trying to see around the taller students all around. She wasn't sure about what she saw...it looked strange. Angel started to wonder if enrolling here was a good idea.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 06:42:41 pm »

Aaron lights a cigarette. This is where they wanted me to teach. He thinks, taking a drag and exhaling.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 06:45:02 pm »

Angel would find herself being lifted up by Fortuna, who lifts her up so she can get a good look, giggling a little as she continues to talk to her team. "Anyway, it's all really... well, I wouldn't say laid back, but... friendly, here, and we try to help everybody learn together so that we can all work together to do what needs to be done. If you see someone that needs help, feel free to help them out, okay?"

Aaron would suddenly find his cigarette soaked through with water as what appears to be a ten-year-old with fins for ears looks up at him from the line of teachers, of which he is one. "No smoking on the grounds, okay?"
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 06:48:52 pm »

Kyle hurries into the school before anyone can notice or, god forbid, talk to him.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 06:51:17 pm »

Aaron stared at the boy for a short while, then snapped his fingers, teleporting the cigarette away, onto the boy's head. "These things ain't cheap, ya know."
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 06:52:46 pm »

"'scuse me." Kyle finds himself tapped on the shoulder by what seems like a girl... And then, one would assume, he looks at her.

Good lord, this girl is rediculous.

It's like talking to one of those pictures of a model, with every strand of hair perfect, every inch of skin soft and smooth, her every feature perfect to a fault. She smiles a little, eyes shining a little. Those eyes were the only strange part of her, colored a deep, dark red, the same shade as the hair that cascades down to her shoulderblades.

"Well, you're paid almost ten million Gael a year to teach here, it's not as if you've got any excuse for not being able to afford them."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 06:54:23 pm »

Angel looks a bit worriedly at the young woman holding her, deciding to remain quiet.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2013, 06:55:54 pm »

"You're cute." she giggles, putting her down. "Sorry, little thing, you seemed like you were having trouble seeing."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2013, 06:56:57 pm »

Angel nods. "I was. I just don't like strangers picking me up."
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2013, 06:58:16 pm »

"hehe... sorry about that. Here, this should work better." She gestures at the ground, and what looks to be a stepstool made of darkness rises under Angel, lifting her up to get a better view. "That help?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2013, 06:59:19 pm »

"Yes..." Angel glances suspiciously at the stepstool, stomping gently with one foot and wondering if she could take it with before looking around at the crowd and the school. There seemed to be some weird people here...
Sig

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 07:00:43 pm »

"Where can I sign up for classes?"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 07:06:02 pm »

There was a huge variety of people there, from those that appear human, to the slightly off such as elves and dwarves, to even creatures made of living light and shadow, flame, dust and wind, living suits of armor... To be honest, it was a rather varied bunch, and not a little weird to look at. The stool stands easily enough, and isn't rooted to the ground or anything.

"Well, that will come in just a bit, later on during orientation. At the moment, they're making sure everyone has their sponsors together, and then we'll head inside and have an assembly where you can learn a bit more about the school, and be matched with your core classes. From there, you'll be able to choose electives to take during your free time, as well."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 2349