Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1509 1510 [1511] 1512 1513 ... 2349

Author Topic: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!  (Read 1130207 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Twilight Academy - School Thread - Orientation Day!
« Reply #22650 on: September 09, 2013, 10:28:32 am »

((I. FIXED. MY. PROBLEM. Go yell at GWG if you don't want the arguments, the massive posts are coming from him here on out. I'm done with interacting with him.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22651 on: September 09, 2013, 10:29:52 am »

Spoiler: To Gamerlord (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
((Glad I'm not alone. Seriously, what's the problem? Gamerlord, you say it's so obvious, but no one else can figure it out! Spell it out and try to make me look like an idiot, I don't care*, just explain!))
((*Although this would probably fall under the "intentional provocation" clause, above.))

((Not you too. I fucking solved the problem. So long as you don't make new one, there is no more problem.))
((You "solved" the problem by, what, refusing to explain the problem? Thereby making sure that the problem would continue?))

((True, that remains a severe problem.))
((Then solve it. Stop ignoring the problem. Explain how Angel was acting to get Vornar killed.))

((Do you have a better idea? No, you do not. This was my problem that the rest of you would not stop bitching about. I dealt with it. You don't get to whine about how I dealt with it.))
((Idea: Explain how Angel was "trying" to get Vornar killed. It's that easy! Then the arguments can end, the reconciliations can begin, and the OOC thread can be unlocked!))
((It's not like I'm alone here. Not only other players but the GM himself have agreed that you are being a jerk by not explaining your problem with me. And I'mnot going to give up. I might have screwed up and need to alter my behavior, I might not have, I don't know because you're not telling me the problem!

((I. FIXED. MY. PROBLEM. Go yell at GWG if you don't want the arguments, the massive posts are coming from him here on out. I'm done with interacting with him.))
((And yet everyone else still has a problem.))

((Is it that Vornar must kill anyone who hides behind bigger and stronger people when confronted with a small mob of larger, stronger people who she thinks want to hurt her? Because that is not only a fairly reasonable course of action, it is also what a small child would do. Weren't you complaining around the time of your last death that Angel didn't act enough like a 5-year-old?))
((Explain, or this will be my best guess, and I will have good reason to consider you a hypocritical idiot who played a cruel sociopath and blamed me for all of this. And really, what do you lose by explaining yourself?))
[/spoiler]

((And Vornar's reaction to finding out he was a jerk to them is to get over themselves... they have a reason.))
((Tell me about it...))

-snip-
((While you're at it, could you ask him to explain why Angel's behavior would make him attack Angel?))

Meme slowly wakes up, rubbing her eyes a little. It was about 6am now. She looked over at Angel and smiled, cuddling her a bit. Angel was a good friend.

((I have about 35 minutes.))
((So you might be able to reply.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #22652 on: September 09, 2013, 10:32:38 am »

((Oh, you're not talking about the problem behind why you keep pissing people off.

You 'fixed' having to possibly realize that you actually did something wrong.

How very nice =_=))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #22653 on: September 09, 2013, 10:33:42 am »

((You know what? I actually agree with GWG and Rag. This isn't going to just fade into the distance, this needs to be properly resolved.))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #22654 on: September 09, 2013, 10:35:08 am »

((You know what? I actually agree with GWG and Rag. This isn't going to just fade into the distance, this needs to be properly resolved.))
((Even if I have to resolve it myself by acting as judge, jury, and executioner =_=))
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #22655 on: September 09, 2013, 10:35:15 am »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22656 on: September 09, 2013, 10:39:14 am »

((Oh, you're not talking about the problem behind why you keep pissing people off.

How very nice =_=))
((Let me outline for you what happened last time I tried to explain myself.
-GWG bitched.
-I explained.
-GWG made an irrelevant counter response.
-I responded.
-GWG ignores my response and goes on about something else.
-I respond to that.
-GWG bitches about how I didn't respond to his 'point' four steps ago.
-All the while the rest of you bitch bitch bitch.

I'm not doing that again. I AM NOT. You can fucking kick me out if you want Rag, but I will not. I have already explained it in terms a fucking idiot could understand, over and over. I decided to ignore him. To try to explain myself is to subject myself to him twisting some of my words, ignoring others and downright purposely misinterpreting even more. I'm not doing it again.))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #22657 on: September 09, 2013, 10:41:31 am »

How very nice =_=))
((Let me outline for you what happened last time I tried to explain myself.
-GWG bitched.
-I explained.
-GWG made an irrelevant counter response.
-I responded.
-GWG ignores my response and goes on about something else.
-I respond to that.
-GWG bitches about how I didn't respond to his 'point' four steps ago.
-All the while the rest of you bitch bitch bitch.

I'm not doing that again. I AM NOT. You can fucking kick me out if you want Rag, but I will not. I have already explained it in terms a fucking idiot could understand, over and over. I decided to ignore him. To try to explain myself is to subject myself to him twisting some of my words, ignoring others and downright purposely misinterpreting even more. I'm not doing it again.))

... *rubs forehead* Whatever, PM me and quote some times this happened. If it has, then I'll reconsider my position. From what I read through I never saw anything like that.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22658 on: September 09, 2013, 10:43:04 am »

((That's the thing, I've been forced to read all these posts and what he says happened has been misinterpreted.))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22659 on: September 09, 2013, 11:29:09 am »

((Totally not foreshadowing.))
A new person can be seen walking around.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22660 on: September 09, 2013, 12:36:53 pm »

((Warning: Useless narration and allusion to penile detonation imminent.))
   Ricardo woke up early that day as per usual, he goes puts on another suit quickly as he gets up and gets to work cleaning his house, he always had been rather clean and organized, but his experience working in hospitals amplified that trait. He started off by cleaning the six crystal mementos that hung in his office, each one a stylized Rod of Asclepius. They each had meticulously engineered crystalline structures that scintillated in colors which, relative to each other represented a unique sequence based off of the DNA of a dead person. Dead patients to be exact.
   Ricardo always polished these miniscule monuments as a sign of respect to those he couldn't save, he still did feel a bit guilty about each one. Nevertheless the guilt wasn't much of a hindrance to him. He had long accepted the inevitability that he couldn't save everyone. If he were to be overcome with the guilt that continued to haunt him, he'd be unsuitable to be a doctor. If the regrets and recollections of the past catch him in paroxysm, the he is unworthy to be a doctor. If the phantasmagoria of their last moments paralyze him, then he shall be unqualified to be a doctor. Hence he shall not grieve, for tears do not bring back the dead. Each of those units used to be specialized scalpel, balanced in weight distribution and created out low-concentration saline with internal structures to slowly secrete painkillers. High in quality from perfectionist manufacture and remanufacture. Yet no merit in structure could ever justify them used again, their guilt-stained blades would never be fit for use, even when the bloodstains had been washed off long ago. It was simply too unnerving. Though of course, he hadn't operated in quite a while nor did he intend to anytime soon, or ever again really, it was simply too much of a strain on Ricardo's mind for him to ever want to.
   After carefully polishing each ornament, he goes about cleaning the rest of his house before checking his timetable. Looks like he had to patrol the training area and surrounding districts, students did occasionally overload or screw up their spells, so it was always good to have someone with skills that could resolve some of the potential issues nearby. There were plenty of prior cases of idiocy he recalled. Especially that jackass who used whatever-the-fuck-his-power-was-can't-be-bothered-remembering-that-shit to well, to put it politely, create an improvised mace out of his nether regions via engorgement. Okay in all fairness, the biological mace did work. Unfortunately, blunt force trauma also tended to get splinters everywhere including in whatever bodypart is used to hit the dummy with such force. The resulting explosive rupture didn't help either. Needless to say, the young gentleman in question took far more care from that point onwards.
   Walking to his wardrobe, Ricardo takes out a long, cape-like mantle that terminated in an angular manner. The unit was segmented in five parts that were connected with fabric-concealed lengths of streamlined clockwork. A triangular section covered the back of his torso and ended just above the legs whilst two sections to the sides were located behind his arms and sopped just below knee-height.The remaining pair of axillary parts were positioned on the sides, with about a quarter of their surface area in front of the arm area, these were of the same length of the other two. A set of slim, mechanical scabbards where held by the mechanisms built onto the insides of the cloak arranged in a horizontal formation, each scabbard had a rapier loaded with its pommel pointing to the ground. Just in case someone planned to do something particularly fucked up and needed to get so high that they can't remain upright in order to prevent their impending idiocy.
   The mechanisms that kept these units held in place were once again crystalline because there aren't really any other strong structures that medicinal substances could be enchanted to take. Their silvery color contrasted slightly with the dark fabric which was designed for ballistic protection. Because that was the most common cause of injury in training, people are always on look out for overloaded spells, but shrapnel isn't as noticeable and thus tends to injure people more often albeit with minor wounds at worst. Docking his suit's inbuilt locking mechanism into the back of the cloak, Ricardo puts it on walks off to the training grounds.

Victoria bolts upright as per usual and gets changes into some casual clothes before putting on her armor ad cloak and taking her set of weapons.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:39:29 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22661 on: September 09, 2013, 12:40:21 pm »

The person approaches Ricardo!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22662 on: September 09, 2013, 12:46:30 pm »

"Greetings my dear lady, I have not been graced by the honor of meeting you nor do my records indicate your presence, so please, do resolve my ignorance with the anagnorisis of thy introduction."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #22663 on: September 09, 2013, 01:40:26 pm »

THE is suddenly by them.
Apologies for startling if there was any. I came to make introductions. I am THE. What are you named?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22664 on: September 09, 2013, 01:42:58 pm »

"Ricardo Amox, my relevant signifier is that of the English teacher as well as auxiliary medical staff and primary pharmacist. I take it you're the relatively new member of staff?"
Pages: 1 ... 1509 1510 [1511] 1512 1513 ... 2349