Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: You are in an interdimensional video chat thing.  (Read 9038 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
You are in an interdimensional video chat thing.
« on: July 23, 2013, 07:40:11 pm »

You could be anyone, anywhere, anywhen. Anywho,the  main point is that you're all living your various possibly normal lives to begin with. Of course, you need not be normal. In fact, it's almost preferable  you're not normal.

Then, somehow, you find yourself with a device. A program. A convenient touch screen on a river. Whatever it is, it connects you to a world beyond your own. Several, in fact.

((Basically: if Skype could talk over dimensions (alternative, something something Homestuck). And possibly other internet type things, who knows.

The only definite rule  which I am not breaking until I find a good way to handle  physical crossovers: No physical crossovers.

That said, aside from that, knock yourself out! Make your own plots and relations and stuff, I don't mind. In fact, I could in theory step out and let a sufficiently dedicated playerbase just run itself. Of course, I doubt I'll be that lucky, so I won't mind making a character myself.))

« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 07:45:32 pm by Twi »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: You are in an interdimensional video chat thing.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 10:33:02 pm »

In intergalactic space, a star hang, yet it's incandescence could not have been seen, for it was surrounded in countless shrouds of dark material. Each absorbing the light from the inner-more, and the glow of it's waste heat radiating to power the next one out, until nigh nothing remained. Most of this power was used for one thing; thought. Each millisecond, more thoughts were thought in it, more history happening and arts evolving, more learning and sadness and joy, than a galaxy's worth of humans. A billion civilizations, contained within one godlike mind.

Within the very centre of the star, stirred a seed; the focus of all it's thought, of energy collected from the star over many centuries, to a single point, a single moment. Metric fluxes shifted into thaumic, and something New was born. The comgauge wormhole was inserted, and communication protocols engaged.

BROADCAST: "[COGNITIVE, INFORMATION-BROOKING AND COMPUTATIONAL] [SERVICES FOR SALE]. [ANY ESTABLISHED INTER-DIMENSIONAL CURRENCY] [ACCEPTED AS COMPENSATION]. [NOW HIRING] [INFORMATION HUNTERS]. [INQUIRE FOR MORE INFORMATION]."
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 10:48:24 pm »

In a normal bedroom in a semi-normal house a young man clicks his mouse and opens up a program that wasn't on his computer yesterday. The program had the same icon as skype and from the looks of the setup behaved like skype as well. The only difference the young man could see was that it had a large D in the front of the name. He clicks a random button and it seems to put him in a call.
"Hello?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 12:28:34 am »

Chat Response:

AvrianMaster: Microphone failed. Fixing.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 01:14:42 am »

There's a creak as the young man leans back in his chair.
"Who are you?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 01:38:49 am »

AvrianMaster: Someone~ :3

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 01:43:28 am »

Deep at the bottom of the sea, in a city long lost, he blinked open one of his eyes and carefully moved his long green digit to one of the symbols neatly carved in the wall.
The messenger popped up.
His avatar was that of small bubbles of air rising slowly upwards, because his real presence would bring forth insanity in the minds of the weak.
Arkham Has Come Online

With his long tentacles, erupting from his mouth, he carefully began to tap.

"Yawn...is anyone there?"
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 09:18:04 am »

Klaus walked through the deserted Russian home. He had been sent to have a look around, see if he could find any food. The wood creaked as he stepped on the splintered floorboards. It was then that he noticed an entrance to the basement. " Well, no harm in checking..." He strolled down there, looking around. Inside were a few loaves of bread on a shelf.  He was just about to leave when a glint and voice caught his attention. He readied his rifle walked over to the strange, shiny panel in the wall. " WHAT IS YOUR NAME?" He squeaked out a " K-Klaus."The panel pinged, and then the screen showed a list of names and a few messages. "SPEAK NOW" said the panel.
"H-hello?"
He laid his rifle against the wall. He had time with this strange device.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 09:29:19 am »

"Hello. Are you all right? You sound a bit scared."
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 09:37:33 am »

AvrianMaster: Hang on....nearly finished fixing the-
*AvrianMaster has joined the call*
"Hello? Is zis zing working?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 09:39:11 am »

"Yeah, it's working."

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 02:49:13 am »

Klaus reeled in surprise.
"Who was that! Are you in the walls?"
He picked up his rifle and stepped back, obviously shocked.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 02:49:50 am »

"No. I don't know where YOU are, zhough!"

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2013, 06:29:10 am »

Klaus slowly walked back to the screen, his rifle still pointed forward. He rested it against the wall once more and pulled up a nearby wooden chair.
" I'm in a basement in Stalingrad. Just came in here to find some.... Person, that is to say, you, trapped in this thing here."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 06:37:54 am »

"Ah. Well, I do not know how zis came to be. I'm simply in-"
"Shut it, we don't want them to know where we are!"
"But, mon ami-"

Sounds of slapping and grappling. Somehow.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6