Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The Game Not Named Asthuria - Turn 8: Kaboom  (Read 9245 times)

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Game Not Named Asthuria - Turn 7: Sea Spirits
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2013, 04:18:14 am »

Seems like I still need a gun. Captain Gunbeard has one... Unbeard him.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: The Game Not Named Asthuria - Turn 7: Sea Spirits
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2013, 08:56:45 am »

Turn 8

Offer Captain Gunbeard as a suitable offering. After all, we are on sea spirit turf now, and it would be rather disrespectful not to pay our toll.
[2] - Lurf attempts to offer Captain Gunbeard to someone. For something. Which works out as well as you think it would. Meanwhile, the pirate captain and the sea spirit attack. [Dodge: 4 / 3] Lurf’s hold keeps Gunbeard from hitting him, but the sea spirit’s cold blow makes him shiver.

-1 HP

Wisteria's situation quickly grows inconvenient as she realizes that talking is not possible while one has water in their lungs.  Any attempts she made at conversation simply resulted in annoyed gargling and coughing, and that's no fun at all!  She couldn't even tell the nice gentleman "Thank you" for jumping into the ocean and trying to save her... well... like a gentleman~!

Noticing the shining crimson eyes locked onto her, Wisteria begins to feel a certain dread.  Not only was it creepy, it also seemed to be made out of water.  Perhaps it was angry at her and Kyle for drinking?  The odd current probably thought consuming its brethren was terribly rude.

Wisteria tries to cough out the water she took in and apologize for accidentally breathing it.  She also tries her best not to be pulled back underwater.
Kyle tries to get the two of them out of the water and away from the glowing eyes.
[1 / 2] - Kyle reacts quickly, grabbing Wisteria’s arm and trying to swim toward the surface. Wisteria, completely fazed by this, goes limp, making it much more difficult for the two.

[Dodge: 2 / 1 = CRITICALLY HIT!] Suddenly, the sea spirit attacks, sending a shockwave through the water. Kyle tries to throw Wisteria behind him, but the blow pushes Kyle into her, causing the two to inhale more water!

The sea spirit hisses, the sound echoing around in the water. The water around them starts to feel… heavier. Swimming through this will definitely be harder!

Wisteria: -1 HP
Kyle: -2 HP
Both: Thick Water: -1 to Swimming

Attempt to see if I've got any more disabled modules taht I can enable
[6] - Uh oh. Tiny, no. Don’t do it.

[Luck: 6] UH OH. OH GOD. NO. TINY DON-

[Damage: 3] Tiny explodes, shooting debri into the walls, ceiling, and floor of the ship’s galley. Had anyone else been there, your SELF_DESTRUST module certainly would’ve been incredibly dangerous. However, only a whole bunch of corpses were there.

However, Tiny’s programming continues to run, reforming him into [Luck: 4] his old self. He’s quite certain with a few adjustments, his REFORMATION module could become a TRANSFORMATION module.

That is hopefully the last time Tiny tries to find out what a module does by simply turning it on.

-3 HP
Skill Self Destruct gained!
Skill Reformation gained!

Seems like I still need a gun. Captain Gunbeard has one... Unbeard him.
[3] - Well… He doesn’t have a gunbeard anymore. I don’t know what to tell you, Hank. I guess you succeeded?

Captain Gunbeard [3] - The pirate captain struggles for a bit, listening to the inane rantings of the Announcer. He REALLY hates him.

Lalasa

Pancaek

Harry Baldman

kj1225

JackoftheBox

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Game Not Named Asthuria - Turn 8: Kaboom
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2013, 09:05:29 am »

Ah, so the sea spirit was treacherously hostile, was it?

Snap off Mr. Gunbeardless' head with Shark Hands.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:40:58 am by Harry Baldman »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2013, 04:22:33 pm »

Heal myself.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2013, 12:53:54 pm »

"Inquiry: What is it with dwarven engineers and self destruct mechanisms?"

Repair myself once again, if repair did not do further damage, go topside and take a peek at what the situation is like

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2013, 04:48:39 pm »

Despite her own intense struggle to stay afloat and not get killed by whatever that angry ocean wave was doing, Wisteria felt a jolt of alarm as the spirit flung Kyle about even more thoroughly than it did to her.  Unlike him, this water spirit was no nice gentleman!  Grabbing hold of Kyle as best as she can, Wisteria attempts to recreate her rescuer experience and save the nice gentleman by getting him on the boat. 

Morals were very important to Wisteria, and there was no way she could accept leaving anyone in danger for the sake of saving herself.  Either both she and Kyle would make it on board, or she'll go down with him!  Wisteria would rattle off a very motivational speech except for the fact it was too hard to talk through the thick water.  All Wisteria could manage was dissatisfied coughing and breathing.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2013, 02:26:11 am »

Search for an effective weapon against sea spirits.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2013, 09:40:35 pm »

I feel really bad about the delay, guys, but I've got some job stuff to deal with before I can get this finished. Again, sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]