Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Let's conquer the skies in Guns of Icarus! Join the Steam group! Blow things up!  (Read 33108 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's conquer the skies in Guns of Icarus! (Interest check)
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 07:49:22 pm »

So there are still people who need a copy of this right?

4-pack is only 15 dollars, so I'll grab that and distribute a key or two if anyone wants them (and use the others to try and lure in friends, heheh).

Girlinhat, you said you needed one?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013, 07:54:20 pm »

Game is downloading, friend requests sent! I am Disarcade.

Also I may have one or two copy (the 4-pack is too good a deal), let me know if you want it.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2013, 07:55:54 pm »

So there are still people who need a copy of this right?

4-pack is only 15 dollars, so I'll grab that and distribute a key or two if anyone wants them (and use the others to try and lure in friends, heheh).

Girlinhat, you said you needed one?
Think part of Greatorder's pack was going to me.  You can send me a code and if I get a spare I'll just hand it back out again though.  Not like I'm gonna instal the game twice and play as an engineer and a gunner at the same time and-

HHHHHMMMMMMM! I have some thinking to do!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 07:57:51 pm »

I used to play this in beta quite a bit, but stopped playing after awhile because I pretty much got bored with it. It's a fun game and all and I'd like to start playing the more refined version that's available now, but I don't really feel this game is worth a purchase. If it was F2P, it'd be entirely different.

Weren't they originally planning to go F2P in the first place though? I remember talk of implementing some kind of cash shop into the game to fund it, or something along the lines of that.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2013, 08:00:15 pm »

And started a group while I'm at it. I'll invite people as I go!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 08:01:19 pm »

Yeah don't really want to go through Df chat if we can have our own group for the game. Send me invites yo, let's do this thang.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 08:04:58 pm »

Got game now.  Girlinhat on EVERYTHING I ever play so don't act like you can never find me.  Invite me to your Ship of Questionable Structural Integrity and let's start to question other fools' ships!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 08:12:46 pm »

Thanks, greatorder! Also, sent a friend invite to you, girlinhat. (My sig says who I am on Steam if you're getting multiple friend invites and are trying to figure out who is who)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2013, 08:33:21 pm »

Still got extra key for anyone who wants it!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2013, 09:49:56 pm »

Still got extra key for anyone who wants it!
Eh, I'll bite. Sort of interested to see how the game has progressed since beta.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2013, 09:51:13 pm »

I forget, are in-game names different than steam ones? I seem to remember having to register a different name thingy. So, in-game friends name could be different for people.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2013, 10:14:23 pm »

Our er....training went well! This game is fun, and Girlinhat is an ace pilot. Also mortars suck.

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE! The smallest match you can have is 8v8 players, but if we get the lot of you in, we can do just that!

Each ship takes 4 people. Join the Steam group, join the chat, and get blown to tiny bits take over the skies!

EDIT: I have 2 copies to give away!

EDIT2: Any thoughts on the guns/ships? Here's what I tried:

Scylla Double-Barreled Mortar - this thing hits really hard.... if you can hit. It has a very low arc, slow turn speed and slow projectile speed. Takes skill, and decent range

Artemis Light Rocket Launcher - this is essentially your standard FPS rocket launcher. Easy to use, easy to hit, deals OK damage

Banshee Light Rocket Carousel - this thing is so much fun to use :D However, it doesn't seem to do a lot of damage. It's a great gun and I intend to spend more time with it
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 10:24:35 pm by CognitiveDissonance »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2013, 10:34:00 pm »

I haven't played in a long while so things may have changed, but it seems the Lumberjack can be used to basically 1-shot the enemy's balloon and immobilize them at which point they're screwed.

I enjoyed using the Pyramiddion (sp?) as a ramming ship, harpoon at front left, some random pre-harpooning gun at the front right, then after harpoon engage at short range with the gun on the left. (Harpoon at the left should theoretically bounce the ship in a way that it can use the side gun).

I might come on if you guys are still playing.

EDIT: My friend likes using the Spire. Its vertical nature means it can turn pretty decently and it has fairly good coverage with its gun arcs. It also sports a large mount which means you can mount the dual cannon I forget the name of. Use the engineer to buff that gun just before using it and you can do some serious damage.

On a side note, don't underestimate the gattling gun thing, it does piddly squat to just about everything and feels weak but it tears hull armor to splinters.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 10:38:35 pm by OzyTheSage »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2013, 10:35:50 pm »

Played a random match, equipped the front-wall ship with 2 gattlings, 2 mortars, and a harpoon.  Unfortunately I got stuck with two AI and a noob human, but when the AI would stay on position those gattlings would SHRED the enemy.  Flamethrowers also did a LOT of damage and would keep the crew busy making repairs instead of shooting back - the enemy was hitting me with flames.

Getting into short range isn't a problem, I think gattlings are the real power gun, and rocket carousels and mortars when you wait until you're very close.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27