Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Continent of Krag!  (Read 806 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
The Continent of Krag!
« on: July 24, 2013, 11:23:20 pm »

So basically this is a pool of creative resources for my Forum Game. I put it here since it seemed more natural to place it in the Creative projects section. Anyways, these are just some short stories of the history of Krag. This is the game, by the way.

The Unearthed Stone (Dwarven Creation Myth):
Kalion entered his Birth Lab, and was greeted by his assistant and colleague, Lera. She was tall, with pale skin and long ,flowing blonde hair. She was holding a note journal, and motioned him to see what she was working on.

"Welcome, Doctor Kalion. I overheard that you've been recently tasked on making a new mining machine. So, I decided to help you get a headstart and make a stone golem prototype. Unlike the Stone Sentinels, these are smaller in size, so they need less energy. I've programmed them to feel the rocks and sense less dense areas to strike at first. This skill, apparently, becomes easier and easier to control as the, um, "stoneculi" work,"

Kalion looks at her in a puzzled face, then smiles. "Thank you, Lera! But the board asked for me to create a tool, not a slave. However," he looks at the tube of a child sized man. "This could be our, no, your breakthrough Lera!"

Lera looked away blushing. Then she ran into the hall and came back with a small man with grey, cracked skin. The man had a dead stare, and he walked awkwardly. His vestments were tattered, and in his hands were a pick.

"This is Kruk, my first prototype. He's not very bright, but he managed to mine faster than five of our best miners! if we show this to the board, they'll be bound to fund us!"

Kalion thought about that for a moment. "Fine. I'll take them to the board tomorrow."

Lera squealed in happiness. The next day, Kalion took a pod conatining a Stoneculi embryo and Kruk with him to the boards office. He presented them with the new golems, and they were quite pleased.

Kalion went back to his office and told Lera the great news. They've been assigned many assistants and funding. After a grueling 10 weeks, they've completed a working, thinking prototype. Mass-production had started. Mining production tripled, and soon they had more resources to further the project. More and more prototypes with even greater intelligence. After three years, they had created the first Dwarf we see today.

"Kalion! Kalion! My love, come quick! We're starting the rally!" Lera screamed, trying to get her voice over the crowd of the Dwarves.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!"

Kalion looked at the stone stage. On it was a relatively tall Dwarf with pale grey skin and a look of tested skill on his face. He held a long speech on the rights he believed that Dwarves must hold. The right of occupation. The right of speech. The right to be called a sentient race, and be accepted into the newfound coalition.

Kalion and Lera screamed. After the rally, they did everything in their power to convince the Board to appeal to the Coalition to allow the Dwarves in. It was another two grueling years of discriminative hate and hard, heart-felt work to grant the new Dwarves their rights. Everyone cheered for their new addition to the Iron Coalition!

Dwarves were immediately placed on planning, designing, and constructing the great wall for the oncoming Orc "Killpath". The Killpath is a great pilgrimage for the Orcs. It is a chance for them and their packs to prove themselves to their Alphas. They were preparing for the third Killpath, and the wall was soon completed.

Kalion looked on the horizon. The view was beautiful on the wall, and what made it more beautiful was the company of Lera next to him. He pulled out a ring topped with a rare gemstone unearthed by Kruk. He stood and knelt infront of Lera.

"Lera...would you-"

Then, a horn blast shocked the entire wall. Dwarves and men scaled the ladders with armor and blade. The archers and marksdwarves aimed at the forest across the wall railings. A deathly silence, followed by howls and screeches. Soon, the Orcs appeared. Thousands of them, on all fours, grunting and panting. Their mouths filled with drool, and their eyes filled to the brim with savage malice.

Shots are fired. The Fae Bowman almost always hitting their mark. A flying metal bolt burrowed its way into the hide of a bull-man. The Orc stands on its hind legs in pain, letting out a low, loud growl. It pulls the bolt out, but five more hit its chest. It falls backward, struggling to stand back up. Black blood oozes from the wounds. It lets out one more scream, but is silenced by an arrow to the head.

One by one, the beasts fall. There are too many. They reach the wall, and start climbing the great barriers. The smaller Orcs are carried by the larger ones, and the ones who cannot climb are carried by flying Orcs. Soon they reach the top, and tooth and claw meet steel and leather. One Orc with grizzled brown fur strikes a man, and he is pushed off the wall. The Orc strikes another, but the Dwarf holds out longer than the man. His shield is dented, but he musters his strength and pushes back the bear-beast. The Orc staggers, and the Dwarf strikes the bear with his blade.

Kalion puts the gem back in his pocket, and takes Lera away into the safety staircase. They run quickly downstairs, but they meet a goblin on the way. The rat creature bears its snagged teeth and its gnarled claw. It leaps into the air to strike at them, but Kalion dodges and pulls Lera to his side. He pulls out his dagger and swings at the Goblin. The Goblin stops the blade with its paw, and blood covers the dagger, but the Goblin merely smiles. It bites Kalion, and he lets go of the dagger in pain.

Lera screams, and the Goblin is upon her. It slashes and claws, but is stopped by a bone shattering bolt that crushes its skull. It rolls down the spiraling stair case, with blood trailing after it. But it is too late, Lera lies on the stairs with blood and tattered clothing. Kalion shivers, and his mouth foams. His eyes are red, and soon tears swell as he sees Lera's shattered body. He screams, and is carried away by the guards. He babbles and scratches the Dwarf Guards, cursing and spitting.

After he recovers, he dedicates the remainder of his life on studying the vile Orcs. He uncovers many secrets. The old Kalion died with Lera, all that's left is an old man paralyzed with hate and venom. He is put in charge on updating new Dwarves, and he secretly adds his secrets into the Dwarves instinct template. Unbeknownst to him, his hatred stems into his Stone Sons.

Now, a hundred years after the first Dwarves, the new Dwarves all have an in built hatred against the Orcs. Against the one who slayed their Mother.

Yeah, this is how the Dwarves were made in my game. I'll write more stories later, but tell me what you think! Writing skill, your comments on the storyline, etc. please tell me!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.