Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Cosplaying  (Read 5958 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Cosplaying
« on: July 24, 2013, 11:50:53 pm »

Hi, I went to my first convention a few weeks ago and said to myself "damn I should try that".
So I started thinking about my favorite characters and came up with ocelot as one. I know how to get most of the stuff but I dony know wha thr hat is called. Can anyone help me out?

P.S holy shit do girls dresa slutty I sae a poison ivy costume that use super thin leaves!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cosplaying
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 11:56:54 pm »

. . .

You know, I might have helped you, but man... that last bit...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 12:00:54 am »

. . .

yeaaa this...

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 12:04:13 am »

. . .

This. But, I still like the idea of a cosplay thread. I really need to get some extra cash for materials, and then I could totally get into it. Until then, posting to watch.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 12:05:00 am »

I'm making an Undertaker (black butler) costume. Is so cool.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 12:16:22 am »

Hi, I went to my first convention a few weeks ago and said to myself "damn I should try that".
So I started thinking about my favorite characters and came up with ocelot as one. I know how to get most of the stuff but I dony know wha thr hat is called. Can anyone help me out?

P.S holy shit do girls dresa slutty I sae a poison ivy costume that use super thin leaves!
I assume you're talking about revolver ocelot, and the name of the kind of hat he wears is a beret. Just look for a random red one of that style, and you'll be fine.

Also, yes. It's pretty much a known fact that there are plenty of women at cosplay conventions that dress rather scantily, whether that's a positive or a negative is up for your interpretation.

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 02:24:10 am »

I went cosplaying once. Dressed up as problem sleuth, and lost all respect for the homestuck fandom.

The range of cosplay quality is enormous. There are clouds of people who think that t -shirt + jeans like their character are good enough, and people who clearly spent weeks of work on something.

Also, public transport is interesting. At first you're just getting lots of dodgy looks, but as you get closer, you start seeing other people dressed up, though I did end up getting very poor directions from a Luigi.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 02:28:54 am »

I'm going to be cosplaying at a convention next year. Meant be putting together an Adder from Advance Wars 2. We have a bit of a group formed. I really should get on that.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 02:35:55 am »

I assume you're talking about revolver ocelot, and the name of the kind of hat he wears is a beret. Just look for a random red one of that style, and you'll be fine.

Also, yes. It's pretty much a known fact that there are plenty of women at cosplay conventions that dress rather scantily, whether that's a positive or a negative is up for your interpretation.
Oh so definitely positive.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2013, 02:39:52 am »

Due to the initial reactions, I only worded it that way so I didn't start some kind of sexism argument in this potential cosplaying thread.

Anyways, I've never really done a lot of cosplaying. I'd do it more often if I lived near events, but even then I'd have to think about it because I honestly cannot stand a majority of the people who claim they're apart of a certain fandom. I've always wanted to do a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. cosplay though, which would probably just be consistent of old military surplus stuff and a fake gun. Oh, and the vodka. Never forget the vodka.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2013, 02:41:24 am »

You poor innocent child.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2013, 02:44:54 am »

Honestly your conventions sound somewhat different from my past experience. There wasn't really anybody dressed so scantily it was that noticeable.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 02:45:31 am »

Honestly your conventions sound somewhat different from my past experience. There wasn't really anybody dressed so scantily it was that noticeable.
You also poor innocent child.
Sig! Onol

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2013, 03:17:44 am »

I want to get dressed up, just don't know what as.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 03:18:24 am »

I want to get dressed up, just don't know what as.
A poor innocent child.
Sig! Onol
Pages: [1] 2 3