Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Cosplaying  (Read 5952 times)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Cosplaying
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 03:33:12 am »

Anyways, I've never really done a lot of cosplaying. I'd do it more often if I lived near events, but even then I'd have to think about it because I honestly cannot stand a majority of the people who claim they're apart of a certain fandom. I've always wanted to do a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. cosplay though, which would probably just be consistent of old military surplus stuff and a fake gun. Oh, and the vodka. Never forget the vodka.
As have i, i actually probably have access to all of that. Except the vodka, which may be one of the most important bits.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 03:45:26 am »

I went cosplaying once. Dressed up as problem sleuth, and lost all respect for the homestuck fandom.

The range of cosplay quality is enormous. There are clouds of people who think that t -shirt + jeans like their character are good enough, and people who clearly spent weeks of work on something.

Also, public transport is interesting. At first you're just getting lots of dodgy looks, but as you get closer, you start seeing other people dressed up, though I did end up getting very poor directions from a Luigi.

Huh, I can totally see just throwing on a character t-shirt and pants, although I wouldn't call it an awesome cosplay, I think it's still cool to show that you like a character without having to go through all the pain that is sitting in a full-out costume all day.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 03:54:42 am »

Hi, I went to my first convention a few weeks ago and said to myself "damn I should try that".
So I started thinking about my favorite characters and came up with ocelot as one. I know how to get most of the stuff but I dony know wha thr hat is called. Can anyone help me out?

P.S holy shit do girls dresa slutty I sae a poison ivy costume that use super thin leaves!
I assume you're talking about revolver ocelot, and the name of the kind of hat he wears is a beret. Just look for a random red one of that style, and you'll be fine.

Also, yes. It's pretty much a known fact that there are plenty of women at cosplay conventions that dress rather scantily, whether that's a positive or a negative is up for your interpretation.
Oh so definitely positive.
You poor innocent child.
Pardon? How could it be a bad thing?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 03:55:30 am »

I guess if we're going to have a cosplay thread, I'll just leave this here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 03:56:36 am »

Hi, I went to my first convention a few weeks ago and said to myself "damn I should try that".
So I started thinking about my favorite characters and came up with ocelot as one. I know how to get most of the stuff but I dony know wha thr hat is called. Can anyone help me out?

P.S holy shit do girls dresa slutty I sae a poison ivy costume that use super thin leaves!
I assume you're talking about revolver ocelot, and the name of the kind of hat he wears is a beret. Just look for a random red one of that style, and you'll be fine.

Also, yes. It's pretty much a known fact that there are plenty of women at cosplay conventions that dress rather scantily, whether that's a positive or a negative is up for your interpretation.
You poor innocent child.
You don't want to know.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 03:58:12 am »

You poor innocent child.
You don't want to know.
The few places I've gone which have regular cosplaying have ALL been good.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 03:59:05 am »

You poor innocent child.
You don't want to know.
Again, I don't want to spoil your idealistic vision of cosplaying.
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2013, 04:00:34 am »

You poor innocent child.
You don't want to know.
Again, I don't want to spoil your idealistic vision of cosplaying.
Just fucking tell me.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2013, 04:02:01 am »

No. It would kill your childlike dreams of a world where cosplaying isn't nightmare inducing.
Sig! Onol

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2013, 04:05:56 am »

Just remember rule 34 exists ... :/
You poor innocent child.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2013, 04:06:17 am »

Just remember rule 34 exists ... :/
You poor innocent child.
It's far far worse than that.
Sig! Onol

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2013, 04:15:54 am »

There are clouds of people who think that t -shirt + jeans like their character are good enough
What if I want to cosplay as this dude:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2013, 04:26:22 am »

Just fucking tell me.

Well, for example...you could try a google search for man-faye.

Just remember, what has been seen cannot be unseen.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 06:37:28 am »

I'm glad that we're clear that the difference between positive and negative cosplaying is based on perceptions of those observing cosplayer, rather than the feelings of the cosplayer him- or herself.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2013, 06:54:24 am »

Isn't that how everything people do is judged?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 [2] 3