Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Cosplaying  (Read 5953 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cosplaying
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2013, 06:56:51 am »

I threw together a fairly nice Gone with the Blastwave cosplay a few months ago. I didn't have the right boots for it, which was somewhat annoying, but other than that, I made a respectable enough Green army trooper to get a few pictures asked for (although that may have just been the incredible fortitude in wandering around a Dallas hotel in a greatcoat and gasmask all day)
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Nagelfar^^

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2013, 07:31:58 am »

Just fucking tell me.

Well, for example...you could try a google search for man-faye.

Just remember, what has been seen cannot be unseen.

It's just a weirdo with an unhealthy obsession with that faye character..
Talk about "what has been seen..." entails something far worse. like goatse  ;) think about it
Nothing is more graphical than a person's imagination, which is the graphics card that DF uses.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2013, 08:00:56 am »

Just fucking tell me.

Well, for example...you could try a google search for man-faye.

Just remember, what has been seen cannot be unseen.

It's just a weirdo with an unhealthy obsession with that faye character..
Talk about "what has been seen..." entails something far worse. like goatse  ;) think about it
D-did someone on Bay12 just mention Goatse?
DON'T GET CURIOUS OH GOD JUST DON'T GET CURIOUS
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2013, 01:12:09 pm »

Would LARPing stuff count in this thread? Currently in the process of making a version of this.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2013, 01:54:00 pm »

I really wish I could get more into Cosplay. Only been to a couple of Cons. Last one was like 3 years ago, and I went with a bunch of friends.

All but one of us Cosplayed, with the other guy being L (A fairly standard starter cosplay for a male, I did that one first too) and two of the girls being Haruhi Suzumiya and Misty (from Pokemon). I went as Kyouya Ootori (Ouran Highschool Host Club), but since I tried to make the costume myself I wanted something I could arrange without learning all that sowing stuff (first try to put together a costume and all that). It wasn't very good. I mean I picked a somewhat obscure outfit only worn for like the last two episodes (full-body pic of another character wearing the same outfit) which didn't help xD

Never proper got into it and don't have much opportunity nowadays, but I do still like to go all out for Halloween. Like last year, when I had two devil costumes. One for the halloween night at clubbing, one for the halloween party a few days later. A lack of shame + Love of subverting the standard doesn't mix well for the clubbing one, I'll say that much xD

- Clubbing costume: Coat on, Coat off
- Party costume: Tell me your sins.

As for judging what cosplayers look like...well, it depends on what you see as the point. If it's like going out for Halloween and looking silly don't matter, looking silly is fine. If you think the point of cosplay, vs just dressing up in an unusual outfit, is to look as close to the character then you hit the completely justified (in that context) attitude that "If you don't look like the character, in physique and/or cosplay, it's a bad costume and you have failed".
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:58:01 pm by MorleyDev »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2013, 03:08:11 pm »

i could make a good decent passable costume but the character i'd like to cosplay as is something i could never pull off in the sense of acting as the character themselves and that's part of ~cosplaying experience~

if you already do it you might want to not do it halfassedly especially considering if i did cosplay as them i'd be covered head to toe in fellow neckbeards who will call me out on everything even slightly non-canon

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2013, 03:11:23 pm »

Went to my first con this year, non-cosplay, and loved it.

Planning to go cosplay next year, quite possibly as Arthur Dent. Because I already own a dressing gown.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2013, 07:25:26 pm »

If I ever do cosplay, I would rather it be either Kanji Tatsumi from persona 4 or Ash from black butler. I resemble both of those characters somewhat. Kanji Tatsumi would be easier (same eye color, simple hair die and a punisher t-shirt), yet Ash would be faaaar more fulfilling to cosplay as (purple contacts, white hair, white tailored suit, a long workout schedule to emphasize the tall feature... so much money would have to be spent...).

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2013, 11:11:54 pm »

If I were to cosplay, it would probably involve actual robotics. Because, let's face it:
A. 3D printers exist
B. So do robotic exoskeletons you can rent (okay, so not exactly anyone can; but SOON).
Put those together and you could make the best cosplay around.
Pages: 1 2 [3]