Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your most anticipated feature(s)?  (Read 1996 times)

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your most anticipated feature(s)?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 09:02:52 pm »

Why're ya anticipated in it? :D
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 10:08:43 pm »

It'll be really nice to leave a fortress in a successful state, rather than watching every single expedition eventually grind, glacially and inevitably, towards total and complete entropy.

Not to say that that's not fun - it's fantastic - but there have been many times when I've wanted to leave a fortress that had become the capitol alone, in order to explore it as an adventurer while all the dwarves who I've overseen continue to go about their work.

Of course, I'm sure we still have a ways to go before we can cast a fortress off into the digital waters of a generated world and see it float with perfection. There are many things (including a few which have been mentioned in this thread as well, particularly the economy) which will have to be included in the game before true interconnectivity occurs.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 06:19:04 am »

I want to be able to kill someone in adventure mode, then twenty years later get attacked by his son. "Hello. My name is Urist McMontoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 08:53:55 am »

And then 100s of Traders maul his face in.
._.

Urist McUristsonson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 12:05:53 pm »

ASCII?

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 03:19:20 pm »

We have been discussing the most anticipated features for quite some time, but nobody have ever asked the opposite question.

What is the most cipated feature?

Oh... never mind. 
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Bandreus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2013, 07:24:32 am »

I'm looking forward to lots of features. Aside from the juicy stuff incoming with the next version (multi-tile trees, alive world, etc.), something I'm incredibly excited about is dwarf mode taverns.

Opening business to the outside world, offering your finely crafted booze and housing to adventurers and travelers alike, watching fistfights erupt, having the occasional wandering minstrel sing some poetry from the legends (and possibly having those engraved by your dorfs as an outcome). Lots of possibilities.
Check out Enôrbomrek: Bluewhips a community fort and story by me.
Clearly, our top dwarven scientists are hard at work creating a new breed of SUPER WAGON that can survive being scuttled by enemy wagonmancers! These new super wagon troopers will be able to carry TWICE the cargo, be 1/3 the size, and NEVER scuttle!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2013, 08:50:03 pm »

Real history with warfare that makes sense and timeline which continues after world gen. Full world with all sites actually existing. Adventurer mode entities and more dynamic NPC interaction in the world. NPC AI doing things in it own, just like it does during the history.
This is the best one. The next best is climbing, AND TREES TO CLIMB

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2013, 10:10:46 am »

I'm definitely looking forward to better stealth in the next release, plus all the new environments to maim kill burn explore. Imagine storming a gobbo fort as a necromancer :D

Another neat feature would be the ability to actually participate in a war in Fort mode, sending soldiers to take out targets in the world.

Dwarven divorces would also be a thing of beauty to witness.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:15:29 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 05:51:50 am »

What kind of stealth is going to be implemented?

Honestly, I hope it's more realistic sneaking. I want to be able to go into a camp, take every one of them out and then leave unscathed. Also, I hope that when you're sneaking, unspotted and legendary observer/stealth, the red text that you're about to battle someone that doesn't even see you does not come up.

Also neck stabbing.
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

Bandreus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2013, 06:34:13 am »

What kind of stealth is going to be implemented?

Honestly, I hope it's more realistic sneaking. I want to be able to go into a camp, take every one of them out and then leave unscathed. Also, I hope that when you're sneaking, unspotted and legendary observer/stealth, the red text that you're about to battle someone that doesn't even see you does not come up.

Also neck stabbing.

It's going to be realistic, in the sense you won't be able to just use your legendary sneaking skill to walk in front of a guard unnoticed. If you're in open ground and an enemy is looking towards you, he will spot you regardless of your skill level.
Check out Enôrbomrek: Bluewhips a community fort and story by me.
Clearly, our top dwarven scientists are hard at work creating a new breed of SUPER WAGON that can survive being scuttled by enemy wagonmancers! These new super wagon troopers will be able to carry TWICE the cargo, be 1/3 the size, and NEVER scuttle!
Pages: 1 [2]