Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Let's Play Risus! [Turn 2: Don't Drink The Beer]  (Read 9410 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Let's Play Risus!
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 10:34:38 pm »

Turn 0: The Setup
Smoke fills the air in the dimly-lit Latin-themed cantina, and three strange figures are sitting around a shabby card table mulling over mugs of what appears to be booze with the consistency of porridge. An elderly man in an unbuttoned red silk shirt sits across the room, deep in a game of cards, and a mysterious man in a lab coat sits at the bar, studying the other patrons. One of the gentlemen at the table, wearing a dark blue suit, suddenly speaks up.
"Alright, so what's the plan?"
"Plan? weren't we here to relax after we... finished our last... operation? What was that again?"
"*sigh* You people can't keep your facts straight. We were on our way to recover the... thing... I-I don't remember stopping in a town. When did we--"
The pointy-eared man at the bar starts a bit and looks up, then gets out of his chair.
"I don't remember walking into this bar."
The silk-shirted man continues his game of cards, and a mustachioed bandito loudly sharpens a knife nearby.

Derm
Dark Sorceror (4/4) Heroic Comedic Sociopath (2/2) Mad Doctor (2/2) Friends in strange places (2/2)
Inventory: Robe, Hat, Staff of Horrors, Syringe
Leonard Nimoy
Actor (4/4) Scientist (2/2) Science Fiction (2/2) William Shatner (2/2)
Inventory: Ear Prosthetic, Communicator (2), Lab Coat
Abel Siegfried Alehandro
Geezer (4/4) Latin Lover (3/3) Bimbo (3/3)
Inventory: Rose (in mouth), Silk Shirt, Speedo, Heart Medication
Retsaot, the Walking Paradox
Random Things Always Happen to Me (4/4) Mechanic (3/3) Driver (3/3)
Inventory: Wrench, Coveralls, Pocket Watch
Nagano Italiano
Gangster (3/3) Conman (4/4) Thief (3/3)
Inventory: Pistol, Lockpick, Hat, Suit
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:37:42 pm by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 10:41:10 pm »

((That empty abbr tag is tripping me out.  Also, if I'm going into this blind of the Risus rules, am I in trouble?  I feel like mixing things up by playing blind.))

Retsaot looks around confused, like something that was supposed to happen didn't.  Or was it something did happen that wasn't supposed to?  He wasn't sure, and that confused him any more.

"I seem to remember a race or driving test or something.  Weren't any of you there?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 10:41:40 pm »

Remember why I'm here.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 10:45:00 pm »

"Well you lovely whippersnappers, eet ees no problem, so long as I have my Heart Medication [in little blue pill form ;)] I care not where we take our rest naps."

Summon up some ladies to ogle my buff latin wrinkles
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:46:37 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2013, 10:48:44 pm »

"Way I see it, gentlemen, we have two options to get out of here: walk out the bar, or pick a bar fight and fight our way out. I leave the choice to you."

Remember what business I was conducting here.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:50:22 pm by Chink »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 10:50:11 pm »

"Coming to conciousness with no recollection of what I was doing or where I'm going. Hrm. Unless you have any better ideas, I believe the best course of action obvious."

(Dark Sorceror) Torch the bar.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:51:43 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2013, 10:50:40 pm »

"Way I see it, gentlemen, we have two options to get out of here: walk out the bar, or pick a bar fight and fight our way out. I leave the choice to you."

Remember what business I was here conducting.

((He kinda assigned us each a color, it would probably be helpful to stick to it, or at least request a switch))

Indeed, I do this.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 10:51:00 pm »

((That empty abbr tag is tripping me out.  Also, if I'm going into this blind of the Risus rules, am I in trouble?  I feel like mixing things up by playing blind.))

Retsaot looks around confused, like something that was supposed to happen didn't.  Or was it something did happen that wasn't supposed to?  He wasn't sure, and that confused him any more.

"I seem to remember a race or driving test or something.  Weren't any of you there?"
Whoops. I feel like I created some sort of otherworldly dread surrounding Leonard Nimoy, like his existence is breaking the system. I'll give him a description next turn. As for the rules, looking at the spoiler in the first turn should be enough to understand what you're doing so you're not caught flatfooted. You should be able to observe the rest.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2013, 11:24:23 pm »

"Wait... my ear itches.  Maybe something is coming our way?

(Random Things Always Happen to Me) Check out the bar area for clues.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2013, 11:26:40 pm »

"Wait... my ear itches.  Maybe something is coming our way?

((You might wanna stay clear of that area, because this:
"Coming to conciousness with no recollection of what I was doing or where I'm going. Hrm. Unless you have any better ideas, I believe the best course of action obvious."

))

Indeed, I do this.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2013, 11:33:18 pm »

((Note 'Unless you have any better ideas'))
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2013, 11:35:50 pm »

((Note 'Unless you have any better ideas'))

((Well so long as the burning doesn't scare away the ladies, I'm fine with it :P))

Indeed, I do this.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2013, 08:42:18 pm »

Turns out I picked the worst possible day to start this. I can't update tonight, but I will when I can. Sorry.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2013, 11:37:34 pm »

Turn 1: This Place Has Terrible Service
Remember why I'm here.
Using your amazing acting skills, you try to remember your character motivation. Your mind breaks past a strong mental barrier, and you remember coming across a village! This village however contained no traces of Spanish and/or central American influence. Such influence would be illogical, as the village was on an alien planet in deep space. As you make this realization, the bartender looks at you and reaches under the counter for something.
Summon up some ladies to ogle my buff latin wrinkles
"Well you lovely whippersnappers, eet ees no problem, so long as I have my Heart Medication [in little blue pill form ;)] I care not where we take our rest naps."
The last buttons on your silk shirt fly across the room as you flex two latinas to your side! One of them pushes you back into your chair as they surround you.

Remember what business I was conducting here.
*cough* "Way I see it, gentlemen, we have two options to get out of here: walk out the bar, or pick a bar fight and fight our way out. I leave the choice to you."
You remember your last job, to recover a set of vital documents from some natives and return them to the galactic mining company that hired you. Mexican cantinas were just about the last thing this mission involved.
Magical energy swirls around your hand, and you prepare to unleash a jet of flame across the bar.
"Coming to consciousness with no recollection of what I was doing or where I'm going. Hrm. Unless you have any better ideas, I believe the best course of action obvious."
You stand up from the table and scan the bar, the eyes of the shady patrons following you along. The bandito quits sharpening his knife and stands up to face you.
"¿Qué necesitas, amigo?" he says, in an oddly poor Mexican accent. Your gut clenches. Something feels wrong.
"Wait... my ear itches.  Maybe something is coming our wa--
A jet of flame shoots across the room and ignites the bandito, and he looses an unearthly scream of pain! His flaming poncho scatters embers as a cluster of tentacles sprouts from his back. His human disguise sloughs off and piles on the floor sickeningly, and a halo of crackling flame spreads over the wall behind him!

The bar patrons stand up and screech in tandem, their bones crackling as they prepare to shed their disguises. The two latinas grab Abel and body slam him onto the table, holding tightly to his arms!

Derm
Dark Sorceror (4/4) Heroic Comedic Sociopath (2/2) Mad Doctor (2/2) Friends in strange places (2/2)
Inventory: Robe, Hat, Staff of Horrors, Syringe
Leonard Nimoy
Actor (4/4) Scientist (2/2) Science Fiction (2/2) William Shatner (2/2)
Inventory: Ear Prosthetic, Communicator (2), Lab Coat
Abel Siegfried Alehandro
Geezer (4/4) Latin Lover (3/3) Bimbo (3/3)
Inventory: Rose (in mouth), Silk Shirt, Speedo, Heart Medication
Retsaot, the Walking Paradox
Random Things Always Happen to Me (4/4) Mechanic (3/3) Driver (3/3)
Inventory: Wrench, Coveralls, Pocket Watch
Nagano Italiano
Conman (4/4) Gangster (3/3) Thief (3/3)
Inventory: Pistol, Lockpick, Hat, Suit
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Risus! [Turn 1: This Place Has Terrible Service]
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2013, 11:44:21 pm »

"I absolutely knew that would happen! Quick, teal man! Protect me with your meaty innards!"

(Comedic Sociopath) I cast NaganoDoken on a nearby horror.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4