Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38

Author Topic: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)  (Read 499045 times)

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)
« Reply #135 on: August 18, 2014, 08:29:22 pm »

as always, big thanks for updating this tileset :)

int_ua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2014, 06:28:36 am »

Thanks a lot, LeoCean.

Bug reports:
  • sweet pods look exactly like amulets
  • in my opinion, sky tiles should be completely clear. What should the value in init should be for that? smth like [SKY:0:1:3:0],[CHASM:0:0:0:1]
  • Masterwork still hardly distinguishable from Superior quality. Make the latter sign smaller, please
  • All creatures in cages shown as dead (that's an old problem too)
  • Can we make previous level tiles darker? They were darker in my case on .40.08 with manually adjusted .40.02 Spacefox tileset.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 08:27:14 am by int_ua »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 19, 2014, 03:08:39 pm »

Thanks a lot, LeoCean.

Bug reports:
  • sweet pods look exactly like amulets
  • in my opinion, sky tiles should be completely clear. What should the value in init should be for that? smth like [SKY:0:1:3:0],[CHASM:0:0:0:1]
  • Masterwork still hardly distinguishable from Superior quality. Make the latter sign smaller, please
  • All creatures in cages shown as dead (that's an old problem too)
  • Can we make previous level tiles darker? They were darker in my case on .40.08 with manually adjusted .40.02 Spacefox tileset.

1) They seem to be using tile 13 which is the leaf, screenshot of them using  amulet graphic? Or maybe you mean when they are still just plants in which case they are actually slightly different than the amulet symbol.

Yeah see the thing is df uses tile 42 for these things= Ore*, glowing pits, superior quality tags, key reference, working gear assembly, gem floodgate, Lignite*, chestnut fruit, other fruits and flowers, moving armies on quick travel map and Idk if mephs overide will work yet without the plugin from dfhack. I could make that symbol smaller but when you work with 16x16 pixel images making things smaller unless by you redraw them makes them weird. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Tilesets will show you what the tiles do by default from the .exe. Some of it is changeable though.

2) Is that actually a clear sky? I just used the default one that dwarf fortress uses as I think it was the old one to.
3) It'd help knowing which symbol was the masterwork or superior quality and if another graphics pack showed the same difference. Or upload that save for me and I'll check all that. I see now.
4) I could see if it is fixable if I had the save file, idk if this is an issue to do with dwarf fortress though as it could be something in the exe and not in the texts. Either screenshot or savefile would be needed to test that.
5) Why would you want the previous level tiles? Now you can actually see the lower ground at the color the lower ground actually is instead of different colors. I can make a special version for you for that one if you want but as default I'd like to keep the see through one.

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 19, 2014, 03:18:48 pm »

hey leocean, afro has released a new version of high graphic pack in which are a bunch of new creature graphics in the spacefox style. those would be perfect replacements for the phoebus ones which are currently in the updated spacefox versions :3.

i hope dfhack gets updated soon, i am especially looking forward to rendermax.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 19, 2014, 03:40:52 pm »

Nice thanks I've been waiting for that. Is that afro guy spacefox?

Anyways is this a better symbol for superoior quality?

or this one

Hmm mind giving me a link the only way I had was the lazynewbpack Found it :P. Hmm looking at those walls I think I'm gonna try something to make the parts of them that don't look like they are there, there.

All I did to make the z levels see throughish was switch the old water graphics to the bottom and since it made it pretty see through I stuck with it..  Seeds, micro-vermin, open space, terrain at lower elevation, plants at lower elevation.  is what that tile has for uses. I really do need to make sure that seeds aren't see through. Though Idk if the older graphic would have been see through with seeds anyways.

Problem is the afro critters don't have a death version of them or a zombie version like phoebus ones do.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 04:28:23 pm by LeoCean »

int_ua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2014, 06:00:23 pm »

3) Wow, that's much better, thanks ^_^ The first one.
I just remembered that I copied Superior from Phoebus before.

1) Am I doing something wrong?

5) I've found that it's also part of the main tileset image after replacing it with the old one. It's just more comfortable for me to distinguish levels quickly as I frequently have problems searching for something on multiple levels aboveground. http://imgur.com/WRd6ApQ

4) IIRC, it had cages already http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9416 (but it was saved with previous version, 0.40.08)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:06:29 pm by int_ua »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2014, 09:42:48 pm »

Hmm that save file isn't from my version of spacefox did you get that from the lazynewbpack in prior versions? I did notice that the shrub in my pack for sweet pod is actually that amulet one like you said but the shrub in the save is tile 58 so I don't know how you got that. Or maybe that isn't the one you had that problem with.

Why in the world are they showing up as g in the cages... If I install phoebus 40_08 they work fine..(They really should look like the icon from the raws/graphics not the tileset. This has to be a dwarf fortress thing as they look the same as the ones from phoebus version) Ok so it wasn't my file that was doing that thank god. I tested my 40_08 dropbox version on it and the goblins showed up with a similar image to the phoebus ones. I guess my language file changes didn't break the saves.... Opps they should have....

Spoiler: Big image (click to show/hide)

Luckily this save has provided me with stuff I do need to update though ( { for one ), I'll probably have it updated sometime on wednesday there's nothing breaking the game so it should be liveable. You should be able to update that to 0.40.09 no problem and the goblins should be like in the screenshot. I'm pretty sure fricy used my texts for 40.09 if not just dl the first link on the bottom of the 9th page where I posted the links.

Can you screenshot the tileset you are using or is that , from a older one because there's no way it's possibly from mine.

Spoiler: Your example (click to show/hide)

Idk what version of spacefox your save was made with it's different than fricy's 40_08 or maybe you made your own version? Phoebus also seems to use the see through tile so that the tiles below look the same. With Twbt you will see z layers beneath it if you have it on so.. Anyways 2 more creatures that need images..
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 01:48:45 am by LeoCean »

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2014, 09:49:56 pm »

a little off-topic but i am really looking forward to dfhack getting stable for DF2014 and then the "text will be text" plugins gets hopefully integrated in the windows OS (DF starter pack) version of DF.

i mean c'mon, this looks just great:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138754.0

EDIT: source of this image is the masterwork DF mod.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2014, 11:46:25 pm »

a little off-topic but i am really looking forward to dfhack getting stable for DF2014 and then the "text will be text" plugins gets hopefully integrated in the windows OS (DF starter pack) version of DF.

TwbT is out for 40_08 with dfhack-r2, if you're going that way.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 20, 2014, 01:45:17 am »

Yeah I saw that earlier. I'll look into it for 40_08 (just so that when 40_09 df hack + Twbt gets updated it works right) I just hope it doesn't eat to much of the day :P

Did mifki update it to allow Item Graphics + Multi-z-Levels + Dynamic Lighting active at the same time. I'd assume so anyways. That's what it included with masterwork df. Df hack is still a little buggy though so I've been holding off.

So anyone want to try their hand on a up/down stairway :D that isn't a huge X. I tried I failed.... That is 16x16 pixels. Or if any graphics set has it.. Hopefully once this works fricy won't include outdated tilesets :D. I could drop some of the phoebus stuff that I added but everything looks the same when they all have the same tiles.

Hmm don't wait up today for it, it'll be out by tomorrow at the latest. Was pretty busy today. I've got some updating for the plants to do... And to try and figure out how meph got actual goblins to appear in cages.. (that's not so important though)

Edit:Well I got the text will be text working and it looks pretty damn nice (fonts to), I just have to finish up the plants and I'll upload it. It's just very late so I'll do the plants in the morning, as long as dfhack isn't updated by the time I upload, we won't miss the second update of the lazynewbpack. Idk what to do with the sky tiles and chasm. I'm thinking of turning the sky tiles into the see through tile so it's continuous (well if there were something below it one level, I find it looks nice) if you are looking over a cliff (it's subject to change).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 03:41:39 am by LeoCean »

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 20, 2014, 06:49:46 am »

sweet, can't wait for it to catch up with 40.09.

i have no problem with up / down stairway being an "x", i am already so used to it. in my mind it is a 4-direction stairway (2 dashes / arrows for up direction and 2 directions for downwards). having an "x" as usual as the up/down s tairway is ok for me, i mean which would be the alternative?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 20, 2014, 10:41:24 pm »

I always thought of the X as kind of being like >< but one tile.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2014, 10:46:50 pm »

Finally got it updated after too many hours working on it and testing it.. If you don't use my tileset fricy it's going to look like poop (there's 4 to choose from, I can place an original spacefox tileset in it too if need be). Well without it, it already does since so much is missing without it. Enjoy it.

If you have any dislike any of the changes let me know. The grass is a little brighter than previously since I took phoebus's grass and made it lighter to match the lightness spacefox had but couldn't get it to be exactly the same without the tiles being completely noticeable. None of the plants should be trees anymore and there should be no trees within bigger trees (possibly the tropical ones will be the only ones in tall trees) I think I'll work on getting the water to not look better for the next version 0.40.10. You should be able to live with it for now. Changed the chasm and sky tiles. The 0.40.09 changes are in the 0.40.08 version it doesn't break anything since I left out the changes from dinit. ( I didn't want to update those txt files again  :'() Also if anything shows up that doesn't have a graphic and is using text instead of graphics let me know so I can fix it. Idk if I'll keep that A inside the farming tools or remove the farming tools from that version. In the twbt version the farming tools replaces A so that the workshop has a graphic. The stairs actually look differently then the bins now WOOT.

I also don't know if I'll be updating to afro's new 1.3 creature images yet. Phoebus's cover them better/more of them, they may not look spacefoxish but I've already got 4 versions going.. I also want to make an accelerated version (less meat types/leather types) just haven't got around to it yet, well I have but it turned out to only be 1 leather type and I wanted scales and other kinds included to, I did get wood types to work nicely (light/dark/fruit tree/other color types). Just a little to busy to fully figure that out with mephs masterwork files.

Hmm some reason I'm not getting it to work.... Sigh taking it down for now. I don't think twbt is in version 0.40.08 of the newbpack. I installed twbt into the pack before and it worked but now that version won't play anything but the twbt version without crashing and I can't get twbt to work correctly in the new version of it I installed. Plus I realized I didn't test embark and it looked like poop with twbt... I don't think that ones my fault.. But the non twbt version was a different kind of poop... I like to know my trees are trees. It may just not be possible without little trees showing up on top of the big trees...  :'( Ok it actually doesn't have twbt pluggin so I am not going crazy.  (I was watching a movie since the last update, just had a look at the dfhack plugin folder and it wasn't in there already. The twbt next generation file doesn't allow non twbt versions to be played without crashing the game.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:21:24 am by LeoCean »

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 23, 2014, 06:24:57 am »

thx again leocean for your hard work, maybe if afro's graphic pack gets to 1.4 it will be complete in terms of missing creatures. i think his creature graphics suit spacefox graphic style perfectly.

love your improvements thus far and can't wait for the updated version :).

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2014, 06:45:45 pm »

It should be fine now, there were no changes that affected graphic mods so 0.40.10 is 0.40.09 still. Links page 9 bottom of the page.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138754.0 Text will be text pluggin located here for 0.40.08, download v4.46 and just place it in dfhack\pluggins in Dwarf Fortress 40_08 Starter Pack r3. So Dwarf Fortress 40_08 Starter Pack r3\Dwarf Fortress 0.40.08\hack\plugins overwriting the mouse query.

No plants should be trees now and saplings look like saplings..+ the other stuff in the post above. The only issue was the trees didn't show any difference on the embark map. I thought the twbt problem was my fault. If you updated a save to 0.40.09 you may be able to transfer it back to 0.40.08 to play with twbt enhancements. (make a backup as that is a guess or just keep the old one in the 0.40.09 file all safe and sound) The lazynewbpack keeps backups of older versions in the 2nd post.

It is recommended that you create your worlds with the non twbt version as the twbt version does use text tiles instead of the graphics tiles on the embark screens + there's more weird looking graphical things (see for yourself). (May be fixed in future versions of twbt). Also the willow tree will be moved back to tile 244 instead of 5 in the next version, it's just to much of a bother right now to update 4 versions once again (there's a few files that'd need to change for it to work right) for now you will see the leaves tile instead of willow trees as marshlands on embark screen. Hardly a big deal but it'll be changed and of course water tiles hopefully. Idk when that update will be. Depends if there's other bugs or not.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 07:12:52 pm by LeoCean »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38