Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38

Author Topic: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)  (Read 499108 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)
« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2014, 07:23:22 pm »

Uploaded 40.13 twbt and regular versions.

Twbt version includes the improved overrides. Standard version is different from before so if you do want the dot sands/ Gems you have to change the name in data\art to spacefox_16x16. Download links bottom of page 9. Would have liked to test the stones more but these ones should be good enough that you can tell them apart from the ground.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 07:27:59 pm by LeoCean »

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 24, 2014, 03:56:45 pm »

Oh god, this is adorable! I'm so getting this! :D

Edit: Just noticed PE's LNP comes with this. I'll be playing with this from now on. Awesome work. :D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 03:58:57 pm by TheDorf »
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Kaiji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2014, 07:29:31 pm »

What do I need to change to get roots to show up after installing Spacefox with the DF Starter Pack?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2014, 02:30:16 am »

Well printmode needs to be set to TWBT but the starter pack doesn't include my overrides for some reason. Well they just don't include my overrides.txt in data/init..

Kaiji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2014, 01:06:02 pm »

Sweet, got it working! Thanks LeoCean.  :D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:08:10 pm by Kaiji »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2014, 06:31:59 pm »

I haven't actually got around to seeing the changes yet, just working on it now but even then I don't have any plans for immediately doing anything but updating to 40.14, likely till at least .15 or .16 as I am to interested in mushoku tensei at the moment..

Updated to 40.14, links on the bottom of page 9, both the twbt and non twbt version were updated to 40.14. Stepladders are the only things that do not work on 40.14 without a new game on a newly generated world as per the official changelog and since you can't actually entities to the text files without genning a new world (or they just won't appear) I have to concur.

*Fricy do you want me to add my overrides changelog to the other version changelog for twbt? I did it like that because it is a seperate entity and I wanted people to use that list I created to write down where they got the new tile from or what the new tile is for. It'd be nice if the LNP didn't put the wrong overrides in the spacefox pack, last time it was just the base overrides (that meph made for his tileset) but the override tileset was still there. *

*Edit the only update I may provide is a stepladder for the stepladder as currently it is tile 158 which is a + crossroad. But that will likely be in 40.15 unless that is a long time away and in that case I may actually do more work on overrides.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:42:57 pm by LeoCean »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2014, 04:48:27 am »

*Fricy do you want me to add my overrides changelog to the other version changelog for twbt? I did it like that because it is a seperate entity and I wanted people to use that list I created to write down where they got the new tile from or what the new tile is for. It'd be nice if the LNP didn't put the wrong overrides in the spacefox pack, last time it was just the base overrides (that meph made for his tileset) but the override tileset was still there. *
Changelog is fine.
If I may suggest is to make the two version more compatible with each other, so when turning twbt off in the launcher it falls back to vanilla without having to change the tileset as well...there's no easy launcher support for this at the moment. :( The problems I see at the moment is with letter 'A' 'O' 'o' (and perhaps the apostrophe '''), do you think these can be moved to overrides? I like the new numbers, perhaps 8 and 9 could changed to this? If this is not possible, than please rename the current 'twbt-only' version tileset to something else than Spacefox_16x16.png, it took me some time to realize that they are actually different versions of the same tileset.
Afaik the overrides on my repo and in my pack are correct, if there's a problem in the windows version that's out of my hands.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 26, 2014, 03:58:26 pm »

I could put those A ect... changes in overrides, it shouldn't be that hard but at the moment I'm a little busy with that manga. :P It shouldn't be that hard now that I know that you can override buildings and chances are I could just override every instance of A O ect that are buildings.

I won't be able to move " or , or certain ones that aren't used as buildings though, but the way I see it, phoebus doesn't either. So next patch I'll likely be able to give you want based on the limits phoebus has on that for non twbt hopefully.

Do 8 and 9 have to be changed to the waterish letters? I mean it's easy but are they ever used as water? I've only seen depths of 7 so maybe 8 and 9 do exist to.

Yeah it wasn't you making the mistake, it was whoever was placing the stuff in the LNP windows version. It was more a rant on my part. But the twbt version only had the changelog for the overrides is why I mentioned that, the twbt and non twbt versions do share one changelog though. Also one of the tilesets shouldn't be there anymore as I switched over to making the phoebus version the main one, until people voice their complaints at least.  :o Oh nevermind you merged the twbt and regular versions I guess that's why that is there. I'll see what I can do with the twbt changes on the tilesheet though before 0.40.15 if it comes out in at least a week, the chapters of this manga are way to long...

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 26, 2014, 06:00:21 pm »

Updated to 40.14, links on the bottom of page 9, both the twbt and non twbt version were updated to 40.14.
The links marked as 40.13, or am I missing something?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 26, 2014, 06:31:53 pm »

No I was lazy and just updated it through dropbox and didn't update the post and change the text in it, my bad. The changelog in the download would show 40.14 though.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 26, 2014, 06:44:01 pm »

Okay. Thank you. :)

EDIT: Hmm... Is there more to Text Will Be Text than to merge/replace the two files with the vanilla DF?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:16:50 pm by Chimerat »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 26, 2014, 11:01:41 pm »

It requires dfhack, and may need to be updated again. So it won't be ready for a few days at the earliest.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 27, 2014, 04:15:51 am »

Do 8 and 9 have to be changed to the waterish letters? I mean it's easy but are they ever used as water? I've only seen depths of 7 so maybe 8 and 9 do exist to.
The point of changing 8 and 9 is this mess:

Come to think of it, it'd be better to switch back all numbers (0-9) to regular tiles, and overwrite water with the wavy numbers (if possible) and coffin for 0.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 27, 2014, 06:29:45 am »

It requires dfhack
Ah, darn. I hadn't realized that. Thanks for letting me know.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 27, 2014, 02:02:36 pm »

The point of changing 8 and 9 is this mess:

Come to think of it, it'd be better to switch back all numbers (0-9) to regular tiles, and overwrite water with the wavy numbers (if possible) and coffin for 0.

Well it should be possible, Meph did it, I'd just have to ask him or figure it out myself. It shouldn't be hard anyways considering the knowledge I do have on overrides now.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38