Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38

Author Topic: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)  (Read 499082 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)
« Reply #195 on: January 12, 2015, 04:24:31 pm »

Well you can change them to normal doors by going to  \data\init overrides.txt and changing

[OVERRIDE:240:B:DOOR:Door::3:198]#metal door
[OVERRIDE:240:I:DOOR:DOOR::3:198]#metal door

to 197.

eNDer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2015, 11:22:52 am »

just got back to DF after a 4/5 year hiatus and this tileset looks really great! Keep up the good work LeoCean!!

Only wish I could get rid of that annoying shaded box 'bug' that appears before and after sentences...

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 24, 2015, 03:14:59 pm »

Idk what you mean however I have a clue what you mean. Did you get your version from the starterpack? Try taking a screenshot and upload it with which ever image host or http://en.directupload.net/ is a pretty quick tool to use. It shouldn't be hard to fix.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:18:49 pm by LeoCean »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 24, 2015, 11:29:39 pm »

I think that's a phoebus thing, I don't use the phoebus parts and don't have the shaded boxes (pretty sure they're used for ground tiles and replace the period/comma in that set and some others) myself.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2015, 12:14:19 am »

I don't know I just downloaded the latest starter pack (it's tileset isn't that different from mine) and I don't see the black boxes, I know what they look like though because while testing things I did get them before.

eNDer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2015, 12:15:59 am »

Thanks for the offer to take a look LeoCean!

I took 2 screenshots:

My normal game screen displays just fine and I don't have issues with my dwarves, items, walls etc. Its just the text

@Max: I tried using a fresh DF zip with spacefox copied over it and I still see the same boxes, so I don't think its phoebus.
Before I found this tileset i was using phoebus and it worked just fine, no shaded boxes at all

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 25, 2015, 12:54:39 am »

I'll admit the pack isn't really friendly towards non df hack users. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.0, is the starter pack it comes with a bunch of stuff but most of all dfhack and twbt which allows a different tileset for text so you won't get that graphics tileset stuff in your text.

It also allows you to see multiple z layers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The starterpack should be updated to 40.24 soon..

eNDer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 25, 2015, 01:11:10 am »

According to DFHack's github page their update for 0.40.24 is released!
Giving it a shot and will post back. May help other folks in the future with the same issues

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 25, 2015, 03:14:23 am »

I'll admit the pack isn't really friendly towards non df hack users.  <snip>  The starterpack should be updated to 40.24 soon..

If you have any feedback on how this could be improved, I'd love to hear it - DFHack can be disabled from the 'DFHack' tab of the PyLNP / launcher, if someone doesn't want it.  New pack should be up soonish.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

eNDer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 25, 2015, 03:49:44 am »

I tested by only installing dfhack first and I still got the shaded boxes, then I installed twbt manually but it still didn't work as the plugin wasn't loaded due to its version.

Guess I'll have to wait for the starter pack to go to 0.40.24

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 25, 2015, 02:45:17 pm »

I'll admit the pack isn't really friendly towards non df hack users.  <snip>  The starterpack should be updated to 40.24 soon..

If you have any feedback on how this could be improved, I'd love to hear it - DFHack can be disabled from the 'DFHack' tab of the PyLNP / launcher, if someone doesn't want it.  New pack should be up soonish.

Oh sorry lol I meant this spacefox pack in just standard dwarf fortress because without the twbt text fixes it's a pain to read stuff. I didn't mean the starterpack. I'm pretty sure in my mind I wrote this pack but my fingers don't always agree. I'd say you don't actually need to use any of the dfhack options to find the starterpack useful.

I tested by only installing dfhack first and I still got the shaded boxes, then I installed twbt manually but it still didn't work as the plugin wasn't loaded due to its version.

Guess I'll have to wait for the starter pack to go to 0.40.24

You'd have to set the printmode to TWBT in init.ini for twbt to load, but mostly the starterpack is updated very soon after dfhack is updated it's just the test version's link hit it's download limit and it had some bugs so he didn't want to officially release it and get a bunch of reports. The new pack is up and you probably have it by now anyways.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 02:46:59 pm by LeoCean »

Dibujor

• Bay Watcher
  • ... taken by a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2015, 10:22:09 am »

I'm new with the game, and in this forum, and I'm about to ask a probably stupid question, but I can seem to find (I searched) a concise response to my doubt. Too much knowledge is assumed, and despite my reading, I haven't any  ;D. I assumed since this is spacefox related this is the place for my asking. Sorry if that's not the case.

Anyway, I'm about to start my first play with the Starter Pack and I've chosen spacefox. But, after reading about TWBT and entering to the customization tab I'm greeted with this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I get (or I think I do) that the left pane is to select the font used in the menus and the map, so the "normally" readable text, but what do I choose in the right column (graphic font)? there are a lot of spacefox related files, I guess the normal Spacefox_16x16 is the "normal" tileset but is there any difference if I choose any of the others?

I'm sorry, but I'm really confused with this. I've been even looking at some YT tutorials (CaptnDuck and Das) but they got briefly through this menus and don't explain what or why....

Anyway, Thank you for the work :)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2015, 01:41:24 pm »

I get (or I think I do) that the left pane is to select the font used in the menus and the map, so the "normally" readable text,
Pretty much.
but what do I choose in the right column (graphic font)? there are a lot of spacefox related files, I guess the normal Spacefox_16x16 is the "normal" tileset but is there any difference if I choose any of the others?
There are some differences, some has different minecart tracks, some different flavor for gems, different numbers, etc, open the files in an image viewer to see. If you just want to play use the default one and play.

Dibujor

• Bay Watcher
  • ... taken by a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2015, 02:34:15 pm »

Thanks fricy :).

Yeah, that's what I did, I looked at them, but that didn't help much because not all of them seem to have the same number of elements, I mean, the Spacefox_16x16LeoceanOverrides.png has a lot more graphic tiles than the others. Some have number where others have tiles... I read that TWBT overrides things in order to have more graphics available so, that plugin uses this file to override? So I don't have to use that file but any of the others (LeoCean01, LeoCean02, LeoCean01_twbt, LeoCean02_twbt and both phoebustracks)? I guess the Spacefox_16x16_text is for the Left column?.

Yeah, I want to play, but I have this problem that I usually need to know what the things do and how they do it. I can help it, I need to know all my options before I begin  :D

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2015, 07:42:29 pm »

Yeah, that's what I did, I looked at them, but that didn't help much because not all of them seem to have the same number of elements, I mean, the Spacefox_16x16LeoceanOverrides.png has a lot more graphic tiles than the others. Some have number where others have tiles... I read that TWBT overrides things in order to have more graphics available so, that plugin uses this file to override? So I don't have to use that file but any of the others (LeoCean01, LeoCean02, LeoCean01_twbt, LeoCean02_twbt and both phoebustracks)? I guess the Spacefox_16x16_text is for the Left column?.

Yeah, I want to play, but I have this problem that I usually need to know what the things do and how they do it. I can help it, I need to know all my options before I begin  :D

Overrides are usually not valid tilesets - but they still show up here becuase it's the best way to manage the files.  @fricy:  next version of PyLNP will install but not show tilesets starting with an underscore, specifically to fix this issue.

Things with "text" are for FONT.  Most with "twbt" are also for FONT, but some are overrides.

The remainder will be variations of the graphics tiles, with different walls/tracks/styles/whatever.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38