Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38

Author Topic: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)  (Read 500422 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)
« Reply #450 on: October 31, 2016, 08:23:34 pm »

What tiles are missing?

I'm guessing you are wanting to use the latest version of Spacefox with Dwarf Fortress v0.43.03. In your Lazy Newb Pack, open the /LNP/graphics/Spacefox/ folder. Delete the data folder. Then open the "raw" folder and delete the graphics folder. We're going to leave the "objects" folder there to keep it compatible with DF v0.43.03.

Then go to the Spacefox releases page and download the latest version of Spacefox (by clicking on the "Source code" link. Then unzip it and use its contents to replace the two folders you deleted.

gustavoghe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 31, 2016, 09:01:58 pm »

What tiles are missing?

I'm guessing you are wanting to use the latest version of Spacefox with Dwarf Fortress v0.43.03. In your Lazy Newb Pack, open the /LNP/graphics/Spacefox/ folder. Delete the data folder. Then open the "raw" folder and delete the graphics folder. We're going to leave the "objects" folder there to keep it compatible with DF v0.43.03.

Then go to the Spacefox releases page and download the latest version of Spacefox (by clicking on the "Source code" link. Then unzip it and use its contents to replace the two folders you deleted.

Thanks a lot for the instructions. I did as you wrote and it seems to work. I have to use it with TWBT otherwise things get funky.

Nevertheless, it seems to be missing some creatures tiles, like fox, giant bluejay, giant coyote. Not a big deal, but this is why i was asking about the work in progress. Is there a way maybe to merge tile sets? I notice that some animals are from other graphics sets.

Anyhow, thanks a lot.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 31, 2016, 09:11:40 pm »

Thanks for the report.

In /LNP/graphics/Phoebus/, open the /raw/graphics/ folder and grab "graphics_doren_04204.txt" and the "doren" folder. Put those both into Spacefox's /raw/graphics/ folder. Then open the Lazy Newb Pack launcher and double-click Spacefox to reinstall it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:15:56 pm by jecowa »

gustavoghe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 01, 2016, 05:52:27 pm »

Thanks for the report.

In /LNP/graphics/Phoebus/, open the /raw/graphics/ folder and grab "graphics_doren_04204.txt" and the "doren" folder. Put those both into Spacefox's /raw/graphics/ folder. Then open the Lazy Newb Pack launcher and double-click Spacefox to reinstall it.

Hi, i did that. It didn work somehow. I followed everystep, twice. But when I load the game Im still missing; Giant BlueJay, Stray Fox, Stray Giant Tiercel, Skink (Not Skunk) and Giant Coyote, tiles.

Its interesting becouse I searched the doren04204.txt file, for those words and couldnīt find it. So, even though Im sure I updated the graphic set somehow, those textures doesnīt exist. However i did find them on the doren.critterman.txt

They have the config there, but enven so the tiles keep appearing as letters.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 07:02:40 pm by gustavoghe »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 01, 2016, 08:01:21 pm »

Coyote, Giant Coyote, Fox, and all the Peregrine Falcons have graphics for me in regular Spacefox. The "graphics_doren_04204.txt" file and /doren/04204.png file should have added Giant Bluejay and Giant Fox.

If you are adding the files manually, are you also adding them to your save files? You're not on Linux, are you? If you're are Linux, you might try Enay's Linux Lazy Newb Pack. I think there is a graphics problem on some Linux distributions that his pack might fix.

It doesn't look like Spacefox has any of the new lizards, such as the Skink. I'll try to add the get those added. Thanks for the reports!

gustavoghe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 01, 2016, 09:12:51 pm »

I probably should mention that I have those animals in cages built in my halls. I dont think thats the problem though, because some other animals work fine, although the cages are in the stockpile.

Im on windows, i did update the save files, PyLNP gives me the option to do it so.

Do you think maybe the problem has to do with the TWBT mode?

You probably know this already, but I think Mephs tiles, has a lot of cool creatures in it. Maybe it can be of some use? Specially cave creatures. hereīs the link:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161256.0

Thanks for working on this. Im really glad to see this is not dead. Tell me if I can help in any manner.

Nopal

« Reply #456 on: November 01, 2016, 09:52:38 pm »

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:23:07 pm by Nopal »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 01, 2016, 10:21:42 pm »

I make these four sprites just in case

-Skink
-Stray Giant Tiercel
-Stray Fox
-Stray Baby Fox

Those are great!

I probably should mention that I have those animals in cages built in my halls. I dont think thats the problem though, because some other animals work fine, although the cages are in the stockpile.

Do you think maybe the problem has to do with the TWBT mode?

I don't know if TwbT would have any effect on this. Also, I haven't played with cages any. Do other animals look just fine in the cages? Could you give an example of a couple of the animals that look okay in cages?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 02, 2016, 04:48:27 am »

I'm not 100% if anyone working on spacefox even added graphics for any of the new creatures besides the main civs. I was just going to add the cool ones the guy working on ironhand/phoebus made ;p, then I died... *I am a ghost* It'd be best to check them with other packs like phoebus since phoebus graphics files besides the main civs and the domestic animals should be the same. Not 100% sure but they did look it.

As for animals in cages if they are (b)uilt I think they should show up as letters and if they are just sitting in your stockpile they show their animal. You could test this by releasing them on your unsuspecting dwarves after reloading then kill the dwarf fortress process so you don't lose save data, unless you do it when seasons are changing.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 04:52:52 am by LeoCean »

gustavoghe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 02, 2016, 08:48:37 am »

Ok, New discoveries.

Turns out that some animals when I released them from the built cages had sprites. The Giant Coyote, and the Fox for exemple. The Giant Blue Jay, and Giant Cardinal, still dont have it. I tried them in stockpile, built cages and released. The same goes for Skink.

By the way, Nopal Fox looks wayy cooler than the fox i just saw.

Jecowa, can you try to build cages with your animals to see if they showup as letters or tiles?

The bobcat for exemple, shows in the stockpile, shows when released, but it doesnt show when in built cages. Which confirms that animals on built cages are shown as letters only.

@Nopal

What software are you using to create those?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 08:52:07 am by gustavoghe »

Nopal

« Reply #460 on: November 02, 2016, 03:11:03 pm »

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:23:19 pm by Nopal »

gustavoghe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 05, 2016, 02:52:08 pm »

@Nopal

What software are you using to create those?

I used GIMP.
https://www.gimp.org/

Hey thanks! Do you use a digital pen to draw or you go by mouse?
I really want to see this pack through! Im gonna try it.

Nopal

« Reply #462 on: November 05, 2016, 09:40:21 pm »

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:23:35 pm by Nopal »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 08, 2016, 01:19:44 pm »

Nopal, I posted your four animal graphics to the GitHub. Hope that's okay.

There's a few other new lizards that could use some graphics, if you wanted to draw some more:
  • Anole (vermin)
  • Chameleon (vermin)
  • Iguana (normal creature)

If you wanted to draw giant versions of these and the Skink, that would be cool too. I don't mind doing the text files if you don't like messing with those.

gustavoghe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 08, 2016, 06:13:20 pm »

Thanks jecowa!

I really wish i understood GIMP enough to contribute. For now im studing it. Soon I hope.

Thanks for you to Nopal, awsome graphics.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38