Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38

Author Topic: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)  (Read 500463 times)

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2014, 01:09:16 pm »

Did you apply the jolly bastion tileset at some point? It comes with a tweaked colors.txt file, which is what tells the game what each of the colors in the game should be.

Jolly bastion makes these brighter versions of red, blue, green, etc.

Also, I can't remember if the top left of the tileset is totally clear on the default spacefox set, but it is on your nodded one.

Lastly, did you completely close and restart the game after changes? It caches the tiles during the game, and won't show changes.
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress

you.fail.me

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2014, 01:17:51 pm »

The very first tile was clear, i.e. transparent. I think I know the cause of the highlighting — in Spacefox tileset the letters are white on transparent, but when I open it with paint they are shown just as white on white, how can I make my copied and pasted letters to be white on transparent?
I didn't modify anything except that *.png, no data files were changed.
I also didn't modify any tiles in the *.png except the letters, so why do I get general brightness change? Maybe, because I edit and save the *.png using paint and lose that transparency-related stuff? How do I fix it?
I'm educated enough to understand that I need to restart the program to see those changes so I was doing it on every step  ;)

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2014, 01:42:07 pm »

That white and white will do it!

Yes, regular windows paint will not save transparency data. You will need to use something like Paint.net like I recommended. It supports transparency as long as the source you are copying from also has it.

Regular windows paint has a bad habit of applying a white background to anything with transparency.
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2014, 02:34:35 pm »

PLEASE somebody help me. I want the Anikki tileset for Masterwork. YET nothing i do makes it so.

I cant stand playing with graphics. And the asc ii default is annoying to stare at.

Please i have done everything your suppose to as instructed by tileset repository Nothing i did was wrong its all correct the init the picture in ART. And yet nothing i do will get me the tileset i want. I even changed the ascii folder in graphics to anniki20x20.png and nothing is given

you.fail.me

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2014, 02:01:02 pm »

Guys, need your help once again)
I've had some success in incorporating new font to this tileset but have some issues.
1) where are the dots and apostrophes in the *.png and how do I make them look correct? Have a look at the problem under the spoiler.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
2) Also, please, have a look at the "Dwarf Fortress" title on the top. Why is it so black? What can be done to fix it?

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2014, 11:49:07 am »

Check this link out: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Tilesets#What_tiles_are_used_for_what

That lists the row, and tile, and all they are used for.  Some of the stuff you are looking for is on Row 3.  I think the issue is they are blank (or very light) on your tileset, and they aren't showing up where you want them.  Since they ', ", and other symbols are used to represent the ground in some places, I think the Jolly Bastion Tileset removes them to give the ground a smoother look.  You may have to copy them back from another tileset.  Or, if you are feeling creative, make you own! 
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Community Web Fortress

you.fail.me

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 02, 2014, 11:53:17 am »

Are those relations between tile coordinates and it's meaning constant for all the tilesets? Or it may vary if some modifications are implemented to data files?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:55:08 am by you.fail.me »

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2014, 12:00:48 pm »

Also, how do I make metal ores and gems look different? Probably I need to edit some data files?

I haven't given that a shot yet.  I imagine yes, but I'm not positive.  Unfortunately, lots of tiles are not changeable (yet) because Dwarf Fortress points directly to the tile, and doesn't provide a place in the RAWs to change it.  I know tilesets have a place in them for ores, but I'm not sure how the coloring works for them.  I'm interested, so I will be looking into it, but I won't have a chance to really dig in until later.

My suggestion would be to take a look at a few of the big tilesets, and see what they do.  It looks like Rows 9, 10, and 11 have the tiles you need for ore.  I think the Gems (cut and Uncut) are on Row 1.

We are bordering (if not over the edge) of going off topic here.  You may want to start a new topic for it.  Get me a link, and I will be happy to help if I can on there.
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Community Web Fortress

you.fail.me

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2014, 12:09:24 pm »

Also, how do I make metal ores and gems look different? Probably I need to edit some data files?

I haven't given that a shot yet.  I imagine yes, but I'm not positive.  Unfortunately, lots of tiles are not changeable (yet) because Dwarf Fortress points directly to the tile, and doesn't provide a place in the RAWs to change it.  I know tilesets have a place in them for ores, but I'm not sure how the coloring works for them.  I'm interested, so I will be looking into it, but I won't have a chance to really dig in until later.

My suggestion would be to take a look at a few of the big tilesets, and see what they do.  It looks like Rows 9, 10, and 11 have the tiles you need for ore.  I think the Gems (cut and Uncut) are on Row 1.

We are bordering (if not over the edge) of going off topic here.  You may want to start a new topic for it.  Get me a link, and I will be happy to help if I can on there.
Thanx) I've read your post with a link only after I've posted so I modified my post after that, but you've already given the answer to the modified question too)

eephyne

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2014, 02:26:02 pm »

Hi.

I'm kind of new of df (even if I know it for some times now) and I wonder if the glitch I have with the graphic set Spacefox is normal or not.

Here exemple
with truetype enabled
http://eephyne.free.fr/df1.png
http://eephyne.free.fr/df2.png

with truetype disable
http://eephyne.free.fr/df3.png

I'm talking of the black tiles before the text when truetype is enabled. Is this normal and can I remove them ? I love the Spacefox theme but text without truetype is way too big for me.

Thanks in advance :)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2014, 03:06:30 pm »

@eephyne: We can call it a bug in DF. Easiest way to make it go away is to open data/init/colors.txt and change the definition of black to:
Code: [Select]
[BLACK_R:0]
[BLACK_G:0]
[BLACK_B:0]
That way those rectangles will blend into the background.

eephyne

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2014, 03:26:51 pm »

OK but in that case it'll make some real black tile in the wrong color,  no?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2014, 05:48:55 pm »

Nah, black is only used for backgrounds in vanilla; besides, graphics don't use the in-game color palette except for dwarves, usually.

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2014, 11:20:13 am »

I love this work! Everything looks nicely clean and easy to identify.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2014, 07:25:48 pm »

Yeah, that's normal. 0 is the tile for coffins in game, so you'll have to bear it if you want a graphics set.
No longer!  (though thanks Spacefox, it seems to have been this feature of your excellent set which prompted the flood of awesome plugins  :))

You may be interested in the new Text will be Text plugin, which allows you to set up a separate tileset for text to the rest of the tiles.  As of version 2.01 (2014-06-04), it also allows you to add an arbitrary number of additional tilesets, tiles from which can be set to override specific items or building tiles.  This functionally implements eternal suggestion #4 for full graphics support. 

I'm going to include this in the Starter Pack, and it would be great to have a 'pure text' version of your tileset that can be dropped in.  Most of the letters are already clear, but there's a few things like the quality symbols and any changed letters, numbers, and punctuation which are hopefully easy to include in a pure text tileset, and would make things a lot easier to read in cases where truetype doesn't work or has been disabled. 

Any further stuff like overrides would be awesome, but given the rate of updates (including recently a demo of allowing different tile width for the menu) you might not want to invest too much time just yet - but don't let anyone stop you if it look fun!  It's also probably a good way to deal with the whole walls-as-leaves thing that's going to come up in the new version, though that's still not so bad as the cursor/stairs/bins/'x' mixture. 

Please don't feel any pressure - I just thought it worth sharing with the people who have done the work to make pretty graphics happen already  :D
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38