Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38

Author Topic: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)  (Read 499007 times)

Spacefox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)
« on: July 29, 2013, 09:52:26 am »

Spacefox Graphic Set

News and Updates

December 02 2013

Hey Spacefox here.

Some people have contacted me about using the Dwarf sprites in their game, tileset or website. You have my permission to use these Sprites provided:

- You don't monetize my sprites. Eg, paid game (i made these for the dwarf fortress community to enjoy. They are free to share and use)
- I'm NOT the creator of Pheobus' Tileset or any of it's assets. If you want to use those assets, you will need to ask permission from the respective creators!
- Please make sure to credit me and of course Sphyr, the creator of the original dwarves on which my sprites are based upon.

Thankyou.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

About

A 16x16 tile and graphic set created with a simple, clean look as a goal. Inspired by Jolly Bastion and referenced from tile sets that have come before. This graphic and tileset is still very much a WIP. It should be completely playable as it is based off Phoebus' Tileset and comes with all of it's graphical assets.

Download and Installation

1 -  Uninstall any previous graphics pack from your dwarf fortress installation.
2 - Download my graphics set here ---> DOWNLOAD
3 - Unzip the file and copy the contents of [16x16] Spacefox 34.11 to your dwarf fortress main directory.
4 -  Load up and strike the earth!

5 - I'm very happy to say that PeridexisErrant has decided to included the Spacefox graphics set in his updated Lazy Newbie Pack. It makes installing and removing different tilesets much easier and comes with a whole bunch of utilities, mods, updates and fixes. Highly recommended.  Please visit his post here for more information and download link --->PeridexisErrant's LNP

6- Frici has also included the graphics set with the MacNewbie Pack. Mac users please visit this post for Information and download ---->  MacNewbie Pack ReBorn Rejoice!

Changelog

Credit and Thanks

Ingame Screenshots

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:29:25 am by Spacefox »

Sourlout

• Bay Watcher
  • L-l-l-ook at you hacker
    • View Profile
Re: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 11:18:20 am »

This is very nice.   I like the look of the sprites, GJ. 

Next time I play, I will load this up and see how it looks at different zoom levels.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 12:25:37 pm »

great job :) Loving the style

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 12:30:28 pm »

This is incredible, always nice to see another fresh and unique set. Great job, awfully adorable too.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 12:35:40 pm by Vherid »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 01:04:34 pm »

The dwarf sprites remind me of cyanide and happiness, no idea why...

I really have to alter my UI to allow changing sprites as well as tilesets. The new dwarves have a lot of charm and make the set, at least from my point of view... yeah, I do like it.

You use a custom color scheme, it somewhat reminds me of JollyBastions... is it the same, or did you create one yourself?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Spacefox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 01:25:33 pm »

Yeah it's basically the same colour.txt file with some alterations. People have been asking if this graphics pack is compatible with masterwork. I have no clue since i haven't played it yet. Gotta find some time to try out the mod soon. Thanks Meph :)

Tweedlebum

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 03:04:02 pm »

Hi there, your graphic pack looks like its going to be quite good.  I've been looking for a graphics pack for a while, having been playing the ASCII art for more than a year. 

However, I just tried to set a new embark and noticed that the embark location find feature uses dull green X squares.  This is fine, but the cursor is a dull brown X square.  Could you change it to something brighter and more noticible?  Between the similar colors and the flashing nature of the X's I can't really identify where my cursor is on the screen without moving it into the ocean or some such. 

It's to the point where I'm going to turn off the pack, embark and then turn the pack back on.

Love the art style though, and I'll let you know if I see anything else.

Mayama

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 05:28:23 pm »

Very nice graphic set :)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 08:57:20 pm »

PTW - it looks good enough that I've added it to my LNP, so you might want to edit the OP to note that :-)

I love DF made pretty. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 09:16:32 pm »

If you use the same tile-numbers that JollyBastion does, (which is the same as Ascii) then yes, it is compatible. I'll add it into it if you like, together with Obsidian Souls and my own, once I am back in germany and can alter my UI.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Matt D

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 05:35:21 am »

Very newbie question here. I'm using "MacNewbie" to play DF (still learning). How would I add this to that?

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 06:15:37 am »

@Spacefox: Added to Macnewbie Pack 7.2

@Matt D: Extract the .zip file into Macnewbie Contents/Graphics. The next time you launch the Macnewbie app it will autodetect the Spacefox pack and you can install it. If you want to start a new world, you are now ready.
If you want to play with an existing save you have to go to you save folder in /dwarffortress/data/save and find which one of the region folders is you existing save (it will contain the 'world.sav' file and a 'raw' folder), and look for another folder with the same name that will only have 3 folders inside (objects, graphics, inter. examples), and move those 3 folders into the 'raw' folder of your save overwriting everything.
-Sorry for this workaround, but the GUI is bugged, I didn't write it, and haven't found a way to fix it yet... :(

Matt D

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 06:32:48 am »

@fricy: <3 You rock, thanks!

I'd only just gen'd a new world and hadn't done anything worht anything yet so it's just as easy to gen a new one (the cliff shape at my embark bothered me anyway).

Thanks!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 07:12:48 am »

I'm not great with this, but I got an idea for humans to fit your dwarves:

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

theqmann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 10:07:40 am »

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the 3 tiles you have circled are the railroad end stops.  Maybe send a PM to Phoebus?  I'm sure that they could tell you all the details you need to know :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38