Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38

Author Topic: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)  (Read 499011 times)

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
Re: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2013, 02:10:03 am »

Damn, this is amazing.  This should go on forever.  Please babysit us with constant updates for the rest of eternity!  Pwetty pwease!

This

Spacefox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2013, 11:00:50 am »

The dorfs are adorable! XD Great work, man! I've always loved the warm colors and the quirky atmosphere of Jolly Bastion, but couldn't get into it because it was ASCII. Having a graphics version with the same aesthetics is an awesome idea. :)

Edit: I have added it to the Dwarf Fortress Wiki. Please do edit it if I did any of the descriptions or pictures wrong.

You're awesome Obsidian! Thanks!  :D

Damn, this is amazing.  This should go on forever.  Please babysit us with constant updates for the rest of eternity!  Pwetty pwease!

I'm still in hong kong. Really busy ATM. Living out of a hotel near soho. Unfortunately I won't be back home for another week. Till then I won't have access to my graphics tools/programs. Hang in there!

I really like the look of this, would love to see it when it's all done!
here have a spider: /\(°°oo°°)/\
and a dolphin
it didn't like my tiny image

Thank you for the dolphin and spider!  :o

RoguelikesESP

• Bay Watcher
  • The english is NOT my native language. Sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2013, 02:04:25 pm »

x'D love this!

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 03:24:31 pm »

This is it.
This is what's up.

I love it and I want more! :-D

Rexor

• Bay Watcher
  • Sheep in wolf's clothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2013, 01:30:26 pm »

Help, please! No matter which graphics set I try, the dwarves always look like the default ASCII ones. The goblins and the animals have graphics tiles, so they work fine. Could it be because of I'm using a finnish language keyboard?

EDIT: For clarification, I did a clean install of DF and extracted the spacefox pack to the installation directory, like instructed. Here's how the game looks for me currently:

I also tried the mayday's graphic set, it looked pretty much the same, everything else had custom graphics except the dwarves themselves.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:16:12 am by Rexor »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2013, 01:14:22 am »

Open the init or d_init in data/init folder, check if GRAPHICS are YES. this handles the creatures sprites. Otherwise there might be a problem with objects/graphics and the txts, which I cant tell from here. I'd try the first one, you can even do it to a generated world. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2013, 01:26:12 am »

Open the init or d_init in data/init folder, check if GRAPHICS are YES. this handles the creatures sprites. Otherwise there might be a problem with objects/graphics and the txts, which I cant tell from here. I'd try the first one, you can even do it to a generated world. :)

In init.txt, [GRAPHICS:YES], so that's not the cause of it... :( It's not a huge deal, generally the game looks much better now, and quite frankly it's easier to tell the dwarves apart with the classic look.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:14:14 am by Rexor »

Rexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2013, 03:32:27 am »

Must I have some mod installed for the graphics to work or is vanilla DF enough?

EDIT: SUCCESS! I didn't realize every savegame had it's own raw directory, with it's own graphics etc. The problem was that I copied my savegame over from a previous installation with a different graphics pack.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 02:41:20 am by Rexor »

Taverius

• Bay Watcher
  • Curly says go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 07:59:17 pm »

One thing I noticed is its bloody hard to tell the difference between the end of a smooth/constructed wall and a fortification. Can you make fortifications slightly more fortification-y?
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Spacefox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2013, 07:58:57 am »

Hey errybody! Sorry for the long hiatus. I'm back from my trip.

It isn't much, but here's a screenshot of what i'm up to with the goblins.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also i painted this a day ago. Thought you guys might enjoy it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One thing I noticed is its bloody hard to tell the difference between the end of a smooth/constructed wall and a fortification. Can you make fortifications slightly more fortification-y?

I'll look into it. Thanks Tav. 

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2013, 10:06:50 am »

Yes YES MORE

Kiloku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2013, 01:42:22 pm »

Hey Spacefox. I love and use you graphics set, and I'd like to know if you would allow me to modify it to make Gorons graphics for this mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123486.0, since the mod allows you to play as the Gorons from Zelda, and I'd love to play using the mod and your graphics set together.

Spacefox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2013, 11:32:55 am »

Hey Spacefox. I love and use you graphics set, and I'd like to know if you would allow me to modify it to make Gorons graphics for this mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123486.0, since the mod allows you to play as the Gorons from Zelda, and I'd love to play using the mod and your graphics set together.

Sure you can modify my work! :) I can't give you permission for anything that isn't my own work though. My work is the Main tile set and the dwarves set. If there's anything else you wanna modify, you'll have to get permission from the respective creators. eg. creatures, elves, etc.

Seluin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2013, 12:08:31 pm »

Help, please! No matter which graphics set I try, the dwarves always look like the default ASCII ones. The goblins and the animals have graphics tiles, so they work fine. Could it be because of I'm using a finnish language keyboard?

EDIT: For clarification, I did a clean install of DF and extracted the spacefox pack to the installation directory, like instructed. Here's how the game looks for me currently:

I also tried the mayday's graphic set, it looked pretty much the same, everything else had custom graphics except the dwarves themselves.

I am having the same problem! I had something very similar happen with Obsidian's set, and then this with Spacefox's set. I love both the sets but can't get the special dwarves to work.
I am having so much Fun.

Vabalokis

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McKneeGrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2013, 10:07:10 pm »

Could you make some installation guide for masterwork? i have problems merging it with default tileset
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38