Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)  (Read 501153 times)

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2013, 08:11:36 am »

I'm a noob when it comes to recognizing dwarf professions from the graphics. And a noob at comparing DF tilesets/graphics too. I'm still using Phoebus. I have tried ascii too, and did use to play e.g. Nethack on both ASCII and tilesets, but I think I'll be preferring some sort of tileset for DF. I can tell apart the military now, and ofc carpenter/mason/farmer, common stuff like that, but eg. no idea about the different farmers and so on... nor do I really care, I use a custom "Farmer" profession in Dwarftherapist that has all the no-quality farming skills +other mass-labour things. So this seems nice... But what are those dwarves?

Miner, ranger, cook, ???(grower/herbalist?), carpenter, fisherdwarf, doctor, trader/manager, furnace operator, ?!?, jeweler, knife user?
Especially bugged by the weird blue-purple dwarf.

Like the look of the dwarves (even if I don't know what they are)!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 08:13:11 am by Snaake »

Milton Bradley

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2013, 12:19:20 pm »

Registered just to say: this tileset is amazing! I love it. Well done, sir.

Spacefox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2013, 11:13:59 am »

... But what are those dwarves?

You can find the references for the sprites at [16x16] Spacefox 34.11\raw\graphics\graphics_spacefox_dwarves.txt

The dwarves shown in the header are:

Miner, hunter, cook, planter, carpenter, fisherdwarf, diagnoser, mayor, bee keeper, undead dwarf, gem appraiser, master thief

Could you make some installation guide for masterwork? i have problems merging it with default tileset

Sorry mate. Can't help you there. I suggest you Visit Meph's Masterwork thread for answers.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2013, 11:26:30 am »

The addition is planned for the coming month, but I still have to figure out how to do the dwarf sprites as well. The tileset is... a lot of work, but simple work.

Say, Spacefox, this is based on Phoebus... did any of the tilenumbers change? Did you do any raw modding, or is this interchangeable with the Phoebus raws? That would be totally rad, because installing and integrating it would be very simple then :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

auris2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2013, 11:23:08 pm »

Spacefox, your graphic set is so stylized, and it looks fantastic. I have been waiting for a tile set just like this. Thanks!

Knudow

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2013, 03:43:37 pm »

I don't really know how the whole tileset/sprites in Dwarf Fortress works but is there a way of using the TrueType font with Spacefox?

I usually play with Phoebus and TrueType fonts, and since this is based on Phoebus' tileset I don't really know why F12 doesn't work.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2013, 04:34:41 pm »

Could you make some installation guide for masterwork? i have problems merging it with default tileset

Sorry mate. Can't help you there. I suggest you Visit Meph's Masterwork thread for answers.

Its done. My dev-version has a running Spacefox tileset, added to the GUI as an option for everyone. Next release will include this. :) I even managed to hook the creature sprites into this as well, so the dwarves will be replaced with Spacefox's sprites. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

beefy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2013, 12:55:38 pm »

This tileset is AMAZING! °_°
One question though: is it possible to enable  TrueType fonts?
Can't seem to get this to work...

Kestrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2013, 07:37:21 pm »

Love it.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): I heard that I died.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): I died.
Goblin 6 (to Goblin 7): It was inevitable.
Goblin 7 (to Goblin 6): It was inevitable.

moya

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2013, 08:39:04 pm »

Beautiful, Spacefox. I'm really enjoying this set. Thank you!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2013, 04:20:07 pm »

This is the best graphics set I've ever seen.

I was trying to come up with a better way to say that, but that's all I could come up with.

le_ross

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2013, 08:42:30 pm »

Hi everyone,

First thing first, thank you (OP) for the GraphicSet. it helped me alot to be able to play this crazy game.

Im just wondering about something. is it normal that all the zeros look like coffins for me? see next picture.

Can I fix it my self quickly?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2013, 09:12:18 pm »

Yeah, that's normal. 0 is the tile for coffins in game, so you'll have to bear it if you want a graphics set.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2013, 05:50:17 am »

Hi everyone,

First thing first, thank you (OP) for the GraphicSet. it helped me alot to be able to play this crazy game.

Im just wondering about something. is it normal that all the zeros look like coffins for me? see next picture.

Can I fix it my self quickly?

Well, you could fix it by changing the tile from a coffin to a simple zero by editing the tilesheet. Then all your coffins will look like zeros... limitation of the game, maximum 256 sprites are allowed, so compromises like this are needed. :(

le_ross

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2013, 12:15:40 am »

thanks for the answer.

I not sure why I was expecting that it was the same tile but the zero wins. I see much more zeros over those pretty coffins... they are very lovely.

the bad news is that I tried to export it on mac and since I have an old mac that cant have the latest version of java then no MacNewbie pack, I was wondering why I got that error after I copy the graphics set in the DF folder. DF works without the pack.

Hamburger-6:~ Witch$ /Users/Witch/Desktop/df_osx/df ; exit;
Loading bindings from data/init/interface.txt
/Users/Witch/Desktop/df_osx/df: line 12: 19347 Abort trap              ./dwarfort.exe
logout

[Process completed]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38