Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38

Author Topic: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)  (Read 499099 times)

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2014, 06:49:30 am »

nice, thank you :).

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2014, 06:56:00 pm »

So the twbt version just seems to have a visual glitch on the embark screen (with twbt I guess) but if you go into the start a new world with custom parameters and then go out and then start new game it won't look so weird. As for the text parts nothing can be done at the moment about it. I'm hoping they can make it so the embark screen doesn't use the text font but I'm not going to get rid of any text from that font (maybe the huge r thing on the bottom but nothing else, I'll probably have to edit some of those tiles since it does use the tiles from that instead)

I like the water tiles in that one, (the one near the barrel at the bottom and mountain/rock at middle right/}) so I may use them and then add in a overide for a up/down stairs like that one has. Then overide branches and the likes for the twbt version too. I may make or find a custom bin but the big X serves a decent job for that. I was actually quite content with what I did with the up/down/bins symbol in the latest version then that guy popped up with that image.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2014, 05:27:08 pm »

So the twbt version just seems to have a visual glitch on the embark screen (with twbt I guess) but if you go into the start a new world with custom parameters and then go out and then start new game it won't look so weird. As for the text parts nothing can be done at the moment about it.

I replied to you in my thread about using the text font.
Also I see some minor glitches myself, it started to happen in 0.40, but what I'm talking about doesn't actually affect anything, so I'm not sure you're talking about the same thing.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2014, 03:58:21 pm »

So this is what I have so far... For water and up/down stairway. This isn't an update.

Spoiler: Comparison image (click to show/hide)

Not the best comparison but it does it's job. I like the phoebus water tiles the most compared to what we have at our disposal atm. Ironhand seems to use it and mayday uses the old graphic. I used his tileset merger thing to pick the brightest one, it's not perfect but it's better than what we have. :P

Anyways what do you think of the up/down stairs in that one? In the picture I didn't use the override to override the stairs graphic so that bins showed up as normal. I just copied it over it for the demonstration/ to see what the stairs looked like because I made a few versions before I felt that one was the right one. The one that guy made for the phoebus version was to "blurry when viewed" for my tastes and it was easy to see how he did it.

I've got to get a better tile 130 because that green plant looks way to much like a mushroom, it was made for one plant in particular but then used for others (to stop them from using trees). The tile before it idk if it's used atm, or if it was before in earlier versions. It's a nice mushroom. Though if we can override plants with twbt it'd be so sweet, I've got to ask mifki.

I kindof want to replace the upstair to though.

Spoiler: Upstairs differenace (click to show/hide)

Not sure which of the 2 new ones are better though, and I can't use either on the up/down stair anyways since that'd ruin it. I think I like the fuller one that goes to the edge and doesn't have that one space gap.

I say new but idk if it will be used.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 04:08:01 pm by LeoCean »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2014, 08:15:09 pm »

New tileset for twbt (no new downloads, image in first spoiler, it can be used in non twbt versions but The A is covered in the twbt version for now), I realized when I was testing on the new dfhack that the grass was to dark in some areas + now I've found what I want to use as water tiles. Basically the light grass + the light phoebus water tiles merged together to make a beautiful piece of art. I think so anyways. Fixed the door tile and added the new upstairs. I'll probably update the pack soon to at least override the branches that use minecart tracks and up/down stairs later on today. I've already done the stairs since someone posted the texts in the thread above/below but I still have to do the branches.

I'll probably try to do something with the sand tile that phoebus has in his set too, to make it fit this pack more, I don't really like those little dots that are currently used.

Just save as and make sure you save it as a png image. Take it to your art folder in dwarf fortress and rename it spacefox16x16
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Or use this dropbox link. https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3057ostwysuf0v/Spacefox_16x16.png?dl=0

Water inaction.

Spoiler: 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 3 (click to show/hide)

I may change the water idk. I like it atm, but it may have left to little of a distinction between the 2 tiles.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 08:32:21 pm by LeoCean »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #155 on: September 01, 2014, 08:42:08 pm »

Looks nice, the only thing I don't like is the new up stairway, as seen on this image

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just don't see a reason for it to have that border.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 01, 2014, 09:10:18 pm »

Yeah, it was just meant to define it more, plus since the original image leaves one pixel gap on the left side adding the border makes the stairs seem to stay even.. You'd have to look closely to actually notice that it leaves one space though.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 01:34:27 am by LeoCean »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2014, 09:54:59 pm »

Discontinued Yor version, and 40.08 twbt version. 40.10's twbt will stay up there till I replace it soon. It'll take awhile for dfhack to get updated so it doesn't matter atm.

Updated regular version to 0.40.11. Added all the changes but the stairs for now.

Updated to 40.11 twbt version. I'm actually making a overrides file so nothing new is in this one yet. I want to override the things that are easiest to override first. I will include the overridden stairs in this one + the new bar I want to use, *now updated. Just squeezing it out for dfhack 40.11 launch.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 04:30:11 pm by LeoCean »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2014, 01:08:16 pm »

Here's a link to a new set of overrides, it overrides a bunch more things than the normal one does. I'm a bit to preoccupied to add it to my download atm (even though all it requires is a copy and paste for me since the link auto updates)

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)

I'll update it more later, I just feel unmotivated to do more to it at this time. Feel free to add to it. Just dropping the data folder included in the download will overwrite the correct files. I'm more interested in taking a break from tileset making and actually playing the game.  :'( Anything you don't want just # out. Tiles are weird that you can't #after them.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 05:49:08 pm by LeoCean »

int_ua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2014, 05:01:42 pm »

Here's a link to a new set of overrides, it overrides a bunch more things than the normal one does. I'm a bit to preoccupied to add it to my download atm (even though all it requires is a copy and paste for me since the link auto updates)

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)

I'll update it more later, I just feel unmotivated to do more to it at this time. Feel free to add to it. Just dropping the data folder included in the download will overwrite the correct files. I'm more interested in taking a break from tileset making and actually playing the game.  :'( Anything you don't want just # out. Tiles are weird that you can't #after them.
Thanks again.
Example image didn't load unfortunately.
Are you planning on putting it under some version control so we could propose patches / help more easily? Github repo possibly? However AFAIK git is not the best choice for versioning binary files.

P.S. After moving to .40.12 trunk tiles are blank brown in my case. But I don't have time to dig it right now. Anyone else seeing it?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 05:29:38 pm by int_ua »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2014, 05:54:30 pm »

Fricy has a git repo of my version, it was my bad on the example. I had forgot that dropbox only temporarily keeps those locations. It's not much of a example since it was mostly what I could get from embarking, and I had forgot bars. You can always open up the link then look in the art folder to view the tileset though.

https://github.com/fricy/DFgraphics

I do have to edit the thing I set as a flask though, I didn't realize it was a bag in phoebus or ironhand and people may think it's weird to drink from a bag in that version at least. It sort of makes sense for a waterskin though.

If fricy wants to make a git of the overrides he will, I don't have any plans for it. But it'd make it easier for people to contribute to it I suppose.

Idk what you mean by trunk tiles are blank brown? Are you talking about spacefox? I added a sort of version identifier, it's nearly blank.

Edit: updated to 40.12, since I edited a few tiles between 40.11 and now. Just noticed that I had left the file named as 40.09/10 twbt lol but it was updated to 40.11 anyways, I had updated that at the time that dfhack 40.11 released and forgot to update the name of it.

Edit 2: updated overrides to version 003

New Sand/ Clay tiles. It also shows the difference between the latest water tiles and the one before that in the farm plot. I wanted them to be simi visible, the youtube videos I've seen them in they looked pretty bad... I have edit the stone tiles to show better now too.

Spoiler: New sand/clay (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Old sand/clay (click to show/hide)

Do note I haven't uploaded these yet, I've got to fix the bamboo grass tiles, and look into grass tiles on the current 40.12 version. There will be a 40.13 update sometime later today.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 11:32:03 pm by LeoCean »

machiosabre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2014, 02:48:51 pm »

I think I prefer the old ones. The dots are so cute.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2014, 02:53:18 pm »

Ok I'll keep a version with them in there. Are you waiting for the 40.13 version to play on regular df and not with dfhack? I can make a 40.13 version quickly, though the 40.12 version will work anyways, I've just got to make some other changes to the pack which I'm doing atm since the stone walls don't really stand out much.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:55:39 pm by LeoCean »

machiosabre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 18, 2014, 03:30:17 am »

I'm just using this version with 40 13, works fine.

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 18, 2014, 11:33:47 pm »

Hnnnnnng, this pack is so great :( Why so many amazing DF packs? Wai!? :) This one is especially nice because the same ol' grisly dwarven hijinks happen even though the world looks like a happy Japanese game for 11 year olds :D

Its like witnessing an axe-murder in Animal Crossing..
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38