Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38

Author Topic: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)  (Read 500631 times)

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)
« Reply #345 on: December 04, 2015, 02:24:18 am »

Any chance someone has a variant that works for 42.01? I miss my Spacefox dwarves and am not skilled enough to make it work myself :c
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

BenjaminEdward

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 04, 2015, 03:57:56 am »

I would LOVE this tileset in 10x10.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 05, 2015, 12:15:13 pm »

I don't want to see this tileset gone too, so I reverse engineer the original one. :P

PERFORMER-BARD-POET-DANCER-TAVERN KEEPER

Will try to finish library-related job tomorrow.

PS.I take no credit for any of this cute little dwarf, all credit go to Spacefox. ;D

machiosabre

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 05, 2015, 07:45:30 pm »

nice martini!

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 06, 2015, 09:56:14 am »

And done.

What I learn from this work is "Pixel art is hard, and no one can tell me otherwise  >:("

Too bad I don't have any modding skill what so ever, so I beg anyone with a modding skill please update this tileset, I really want to play DF with these little guy again :)

Again, all credit go to Spacefox.

Rendercat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 06, 2015, 02:24:35 pm »

These are great.

I've uploaded the files to update the new professions, just patch them over a copy of DF with the tileset installed.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11395

MorphiusFaydal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 06, 2015, 07:26:47 pm »

And done.

What I learn from this work is "Pixel art is hard, and no one can tell me otherwise  >:( "

Too bad I don't have any modding skill what so ever, so I beg anyone with a modding skill please update this tileset, I really want to play DF with these little guy again :)

These look pretty awesome.  I've gone ahead and integrated them with the base graphics set. Everything should work, so if it doesn't let me know and I'll try and track it down and fix it. It worked for the five or so minutes I spent messing with it. This is my first attempt at DF modding, so it may or may not all be correct.

I did check for differences in all the files between Spacefox and base DF, so new reactions and such shouldn't be broken.

Pre-installed 0.42.02 with the new graphics
Standalone with the new graphics

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 06, 2015, 07:36:03 pm »

You glorious person. Testing immediately.

EDIT: Capital A and O seem to be broken from a text point of view (numbers are also broken but eh, numbers), but so far it's working \o\
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 07:41:32 pm by FortunaDraken »
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 06, 2015, 08:00:27 pm »

These look pretty awesome.  I've gone ahead and integrated them with the base graphics set. Everything should work, so if it doesn't let me know and I'll try and track it down and fix it. It worked for the five or so minutes I spent messing with it. This is my first attempt at DF modding, so it may or may not all be correct.

I did check for differences in all the files between Spacefox and base DF, so new reactions and such shouldn't be broken.

Yesss... thanks, this is great!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

BenjaminEdward

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 06, 2015, 08:05:31 pm »

And done.

What I learn from this work is "Pixel art is hard, and no one can tell me otherwise  >:( "

All my dwarves have the "dead" version of their tile.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 07, 2015, 12:54:19 am »

The number issue makes trading very hard XD You can't see how much value of profit the traders are making, and how much things are worth.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 07, 2015, 04:38:49 am »

Play around a little bit and seem like Bard and Poet tile are switch place. Oops  :-[

Here's my fix
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:47:37 am by Nuttycompa »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 07, 2015, 07:28:56 am »

Use paint.net or something and just replace A and o in the main tileset with the one in the text tileset. There should already be one that doesn't have it already, maybe without the new walls though. Em spacefox_other is the correct one.

LeoCean Spacefox overrides, don't use LeoCean overrides (that's older) you can just go through the files there and pick out just spacefox other if you wish, it's sill the older version though but it's not like that "tileset" was changed.

Your units being dead units perhaps you don't have grapics=yes in d_init or init.txt. One or the other. Fricy some of the text files need to be updated also, otherwise all the set overrides won't work. Also that stupid plant that is nearly invisible I have to fix that, that one that is "dark green".

TheBloke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 07, 2015, 08:17:12 am »

The invisible plant is Taro - at least, that's the one that I reported a couple of weeks ago.

thanks so much to the guys who have converted for v42!  Haven't been able to try it yet but am looking forward to do so.

LeoCaen, you remember I had massive graphics slowdown/crashes with your new overrides?  I am now on OSX and using fricy's pack that includes your latest overrides.  I no longer get crashes/CPU spikes.  So maybe it was something specific to Windows, or Windows TWBT.  Or it could just be that OSX FPS is so very much lower! :(  I get about 1/3 the FPS on OSX as I do on Windows, on exactly the same hardware (Hackintosh.)  That's unrelated to graphics I think though, it happens even with original ASCII / TWBT off.

Anyway just thought I would let you know that FYI - your latest overrides are running fine on OSX (albeit with the 'bleeding workshop' issue still, but this is confirmed as being an issue in TWBT, nothing you can do about it.)

Thanks again for all your great work.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 07, 2015, 08:22:05 am »

Mifiki also runs that I think, he doesn't run windows anyways as a main os. Also he updated twbt so maybe that was it. Yeah the plant would have been easy to find looking back a few pages. Thanks though.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38