Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38

Author Topic: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)  (Read 499064 times)

Re: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)
« Reply #360 on: December 07, 2015, 08:28:33 pm »

Just wanted to thank everyone who helped updating this wondering tileset. :)

vexxice

• Bay Watcher
  • Traveling at the speed of Urist (not that fast)
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 07, 2015, 09:17:25 pm »

Your units being dead units perhaps you don't have grapics=yes in d_init or init.txt. One or the other. Fricy some of the text files need to be updated also, otherwise all the set overrides won't work. Also that stupid plant that is nearly invisible I have to fix that, that one that is "dark green".
I second the "all units look dead" problem. Graphics are set to YES in init. I do not see a graphics option in d_init.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 07, 2015, 11:05:57 pm »

It worked fine for me when I used the preinstalled spacefox version on the last page that MorphiusFaydal posted. At the very least all the units don't look dead. You may want to change font to Spacefox_16x16_0ther.png so it's more clear.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 11:09:17 pm by LeoCean »

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 08, 2015, 10:32:36 pm »

Ditto on the preinstalled, though I will note that when I tried to make my own edit to get the graphics the day after 42.01 released, I did have the same dead dwarf issue. So I'd say it's definitely an issue with trying to put the graphics on top of the game instead of using the preinstalled version.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

MorphiusFaydal

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 09, 2015, 04:28:40 am »

And done.

What I learn from this work is "Pixel art is hard, and no one can tell me otherwise  >:( "

Too bad I don't have any modding skill what so ever, so I beg anyone with a modding skill please update this tileset, I really want to play DF with these little guy again :)

Again, all credit go to Spacefox.

These look pretty awesome.  I've gone ahead and integrated them with the base graphics set. Everything should work, so if it doesn't let me know and I'll try and track it down and fix it. It worked for the five or so minutes I spent messing with it. This is my first attempt at DF modding, so it may or may not all be correct.

I did check for differences in all the files between Spacefox and base DF, so new reactions and such shouldn't be broken.

Pre-installed 0.42.02 with the new graphics
Standalone with the new graphics

All my dwarves have the "dead" version of their tile.
Ditto on the preinstalled, though I will note that when I tried to make my own edit to get the graphics the day after 42.01 released, I did have the same dead dwarf issue. So I'd say it's definitely an issue with trying to put the graphics on top of the game instead of using the preinstalled version.

Interestingly I made the "pre-installed" version of it by downloading a fresh copy of 0.42.02 and copy/pasting my modified Spacefox on top it. Did some quick testing then zipped and uploaded.

As it stands now, it looks like Fricy has updated his github repo with 0.42.02 and added the new graphics from Nuttycompa to it. I would have tried to fix the various issues earlier, but I was too busy getting stomped by MCSA classes. Sorry.  :-[

vexxice

• Bay Watcher
  • Traveling at the speed of Urist (not that fast)
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 09, 2015, 06:35:23 pm »

The error was me (as expected). I forgot to update my save game raws.

It looks great! ;) And thanks for trying to help.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 06:44:05 pm by vexxice »

BenjaminEdward

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 09, 2015, 07:39:01 pm »

The error was me (as expected). I forgot to update my save game raws.

It looks great! ;) And thanks for trying to help.

Yep. I just assumed that if I put the files in the LNP folder it would update my savegame itself. I think it used to (?). Got it figured out too now :)

snowyscales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 22, 2015, 05:19:40 pm »

This is probably a stupid question, but my LNP (the 42.03 version) is using the wrong set of Spacefox graphics for the walls. I've looked into the Spacefox graphics folder, and it seems to be using this bevelled "Dibujor" overide, instead of the blocky "LeoCean" version that I'm used to. How on earth do I fix it so it uses the LeoCean version?

I, uh, figured it out. Forgot you could choose a different graphics set in the customize tab of the LNP launcher.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 05:26:04 pm by snowyscales »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 22, 2015, 11:43:02 pm »

I'm actually the one who added that :'(, I guess you mean you wanted to use the regular spacefox version which is of course included as you said.

bluesatin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 01, 2016, 03:58:32 pm »

I've got the copy of the Spacefox tileset in the current PeridexisErrant's Bleeding Edge 42.03 and it seems like the Alpaca graphic is set wrong as they look identical to Yaks instead of something similar to the Llama.

I assume it's just a pointer or something that needs fixing, but I couldn't see anything that was set the same with the Yak and Alpaca tiles when I did a quick skim of the files.

To illustrate my point:

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 01, 2016, 06:52:08 pm »

I've no idea why you are getting that I checked fricy's updates and it is the same as I have which is -

[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:LLAMA]
    [DEFAULT:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:9:1:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
    [CHILD:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:9:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
    [ANIMATED:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:9:3:AS_IS:DEFAULT] zombie
    !!!!!SKELETON:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:9:4:AS_IS:DEFAULT] skeleton

[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:ALPACA]
    [DEFAULT:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:10:1:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
    [CHILD:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:10:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
    [ANIMATED:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:10:3:AS_IS:DEFAULT] zombie
    !!!!!SKELETON:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:10:4:AS_IS:DEFAULT] skeleton

!CREATURE_GRAPHICS:MUSKOX]
    [DEFAULT:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:11:1:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
    [CHILD:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:11:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
    [ANIMATED:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:11:3:AS_IS:DEFAULT] zombie
    !!!!!SKELETON:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:11:4:AS_IS:DEFAULT] skeleton

[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:YAK]
    [DEFAULT:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:11:1:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
    [CHILD:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:11:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
    [ANIMATED:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:11:3:AS_IS:DEFAULT] zombie

I don't really want to go check the starter pack though so you can check that or fix it by copying and replacing that text in graphics_dibujor_domestic.txt. All I can say is perhaps what I am seeing is that the square the X cursor is in is indeed an Alpaca? Perhaps I may have to update spacefox to 42_04, I know the mayday pack got some nice replacements for the new units that were added.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 06:53:43 pm by LeoCean »

bluesatin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 02, 2016, 04:59:13 am »

That's what in my raw files as well LeoCean, so it seems something is going wonky.

The alpaca is definitely using the same graphic as the yak tile, even though there is an alpaca graphic in the Dibujor file.

See this image:

I assume that the llama is set right, so the alpaca graphic is the one next to it in the Dibujor sprite sheet.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:05:27 am by bluesatin »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 02, 2016, 05:43:58 am »

You're using 42.03 correct? All I can suggest is uploading the save and I'll try to see what's going on. You did check the graphics file in the save and not in the normal directory right? If it's in 42.04 then there's a few reasons it could happen but domestic animals weren't suppose to get human forms in that update.

I stand corrected I just checked on the older version I have and alpacas also show up as yaks so I'll figure it out now.

!CREATURE_GRAPHICS:MUSKOX]
    !DEFAULT:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:11:1:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
    !CHILD:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:11:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
    !ANIMATED:DIBUJOR_DOMESTIC:11:3:AS_IS:DEFAULT] zombie

That fixes it. That's the problem with just commenting out the top line you have to comment out the next ones also or you just fuck everything up. It was probably my bad but I'm just gonna blame dibujor it's his file not mine. :P Nor will he notice so all is well.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 06:04:22 am by LeoCean »

bluesatin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 02, 2016, 07:18:41 am »

Sorry I should have specified I was using 42.03 at the time.

Mystery solved!

Thanks LeoCean, my beautiful alpacas thank you.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 07:27:35 am by bluesatin »

Spacebat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 02, 2016, 05:50:14 pm »

Just a warning, 42.04 has some significant changes to the raws, so copying a version of Spacefox for 42.03 over them will probably cause problems, like missing out on giant elephants.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38