Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38

Author Topic: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)  (Read 499044 times)

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
Re: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)
« Reply #480 on: February 22, 2017, 08:28:32 pm »

Detailed walls are not random tiles, so much as they are the glyphs the dwarves have engraved.
More info on how to toggle this off and on located on the wiki.

As for your main problem, my guess is that you didn't update the save file graphics (i.e. you generated a world save prior to switching to spacefox). Whether the LNP was supposed to take care of that for you or not, I don't know. Maybe mention it in the LNP thread, since it's come up before in this thread.

Hope that helps.
DFMA Profile | burnedfx Graphic Set

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
. . .the middle ground between light and shadow . . . - Rod Serling
The Delvers' Podcast

you.fail.me

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 23, 2017, 04:05:20 pm »

Thank you very much! Maybe you have some tips for me regarding making dwarf tiles use more tiles, shipped with spacefox tileset (now they're all the same instead of various) and animal tiles (they're currently displayed with ascii)?

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #482 on: February 23, 2017, 05:01:55 pm »

Tips?

I'm just guessing based on what you said. You mentioned that only dead dwarves show up ("they're lying on the ground") - a dead tile (dwarf or other) is always pulled from the character tileset. You can change the character tileset for an existing save via the init, but you cannot change the creature tileset via the init with an existing save. You have to update the save file.

To reiterate, whether the LNP was supposed to take care of that for you or not, I don't know. Since it did not, you have to take care of it manually.

Update your save file and see if that solves your problem.

The process of delving into the black abyss is to me the keenest form of fascination. - H. P. Lovecraft
The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 23, 2017, 05:50:48 pm »

As for your main problem, my guess is that you didn't update the save file graphics (i.e. you generated a world save prior to switching to spacefox). Whether the LNP was supposed to take care of that for you or not, I don't know.

@you.failed.me - you should indeed have clicked "yes" when PyLNP asked if you wanted to update savegame graphics.  Reinstall Spacefox and if you choose this option it should work.

@burned - it's optional because this is a potentially lossy option, and people playing with ASCII variants usually won't want to update saves.  But for raw-editing graphics packs, it's essential!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

burned

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • burnedFX
« Reply #484 on: February 23, 2017, 06:07:38 pm »

Understood. Thanks for the clarification.

The Delvers
The Delvers' Podcast

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 03, 2017, 09:13:34 am »

I have absolutely no idea on how tilesets work, aside from the raws point to a particular point on the graphics image. That said, could someone tell me how one does that for doors? The green glass doors in my fort don't have a graphic where-as all the metal ones and wood ones do, so I was hoping to be able to set the glass ones to the same image as wood doors (I like it more than the metal ones) and just colour them green. I thought I'd be able to do so on my own, but I can't for the life of me find where door graphics are set.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
  • ...and the severed part sails off in an arc!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 03, 2017, 12:51:25 pm »

I have absolutely no idea on how tilesets work, aside from the raws point to a particular point on the graphics image. That said, could someone tell me how one does that for doors? The green glass doors in my fort don't have a graphic where-as all the metal ones and wood ones do, so I was hoping to be able to set the glass ones to the same image as wood doors (I like it more than the metal ones) and just colour them green. I thought I'd be able to do so on my own, but I can't for the life of me find where door graphics are set.

They don't seem to be set at all in the overrides in Spacefox (in my LNP copy). As far as I can see anyway. They exist in some lines, but are commented out. Only the metal and wood doors are defined.

Try navigating to the data/init/ folder and find overrides.txt

Add the following lines and save.
Code: [Select]
[OVERRIDE:15:I:DOOR:DOOR::leocean:197] #artifact gem door
[OVERRIDE:79:I:DOOR:DOOR::leocean:197] #glass portal

It sets both glass and gem doors to display the wooden door tile. Colors should be predefined by the material it is made of. If it doesn't work, just remove the lines again. I can not test it as I don't have a fort with glass portals.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 01:06:29 pm by Obsidian Soul »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 03, 2017, 03:39:25 pm »

Glass doors are a thing in the overrides? In say Mephs new one? Or maybe glass doors are new, I don't think I heard of them before.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 03, 2017, 07:09:24 pm »

They don't seem to be set at all in the overrides in Spacefox (in my LNP copy). As far as I can see anyway. They exist in some lines, but are commented out. Only the metal and wood doors are defined.

Try navigating to the data/init/ folder and find overrides.txt

Add the following lines and save.
[OVERRIDE:15:I:DOOR:DOOR::leocean:197] #artifact gem door
[OVERRIDE:79:I:DOOR:DOOR::leocean:197] #glass portal

It sets both glass and gem doors to display the wooden door tile. Colors should be predefined by the material it is made of. If it doesn't work, just remove the lines again. I can not test it as I don't have a fort with glass portals.
Doesn't work, unfortunately. Didn't break my game either, just isn't changing the door sprites.

Glass doors are a thing in the overrides? In say Mephs new one? Or maybe glass doors are new, I don't think I heard of them before.
I have no idea if anyone else has managed to change the sprites, I usually just use Spacefox because it's my preferred one. Pretty sure glass doors have been in the game awhile, they're just not commonly used. I was trying them out since my fort has sand by the bucketload but hasn't got a lot of trees.

EDIT: Had a look at Meph's tileset that's in LNP and it is indeed there - changed the graphics over and that override seems to be working, so no idea why the Spacefox one isn't. The override in Meph's is written as
# artifact gem doors
[OVERRIDE:15:I:DOOR:DOOR::_MDF_overrides_1:185]
#glass portal
[OVERRIDE:79:I:DOOR:DOOR::_MDF_overrides_1:185]

# artifact gem doors
[OVERRIDE:15:B:DOOR:Door::_MDF_overrides_1:185:15]
#glass portal
[OVERRIDE:79:B:DOOR:Door::_MDF_overrides_1:185:12]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 07:17:30 pm by FortunaDraken »
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 03, 2017, 10:18:40 pm »

They've always existed. :P They're just called "portals" not "doors" ingame. I have no idea where they are defined (by default) though. >.<

EDIT: Had a look at Meph's tileset that's in LNP and it is indeed there - changed the graphics over and that override seems to be working, so no idea why the Spacefox one isn't. The override in Meph's is written as
# artifact gem doors
#glass portal

# artifact gem doors
#glass portal

Hm. I forgot you had to define both stockpile (I) and built (B) tiles. Try the following:

#artifact gem doors
[OVERRIDE:15:I:DOOR:DOOR::leocean:197]
#glass portal
[OVERRIDE:79:I:DOOR:DOOR::leocean:197]

# artifact gem doors
[OVERRIDE:15:B:DOOR:Door::leocean:197]
#glass portal
[OVERRIDE:79:B:DOOR:Door::leocean:197]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 10:24:16 pm by Obsidian Soul »

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 03, 2017, 10:43:45 pm »

# artifact gem doors
#glass portal

# artifact gem doors
#glass portal

Hm. I forgot you had to define both stockpile (I) and built (B) tiles. Try the following:

#artifact gem doors
[OVERRIDE:15:I:DOOR:DOOR::leocean:197]
#glass portal
[OVERRIDE:79:I:DOOR:DOOR::leocean:197]

# artifact gem doors
[OVERRIDE:15:B:DOOR:Door::leocean:197]
#glass portal
[OVERRIDE:79:B:DOOR:Door::leocean:197]
Hey that worked! Great success, I now have green coloured doors instead of 0s. Thanks!

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 04, 2017, 01:50:17 am »

Awesome.  :)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 05, 2017, 01:49:24 am »

I was looking for some people familiar with Spacefox. We need a place to put a graphic for the new Pedestal. I think tiles 182 and 231 might be available. Has anyone seen either of these in use in-game? (They are marked in red in the tilesheet attached to the spoiler.)

Spoiler: Unused Spacefox Tiles? (click to show/hide)

Actually, I'm seeing on the wiki that tile 182 (the wall-looking tile) is used for Shrubland. But that doesn't look like a shrub.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 01:54:10 am by jecowa »

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 05, 2017, 05:49:28 am »

You made a mistake. 231 (the other tile you marked) is used for shrubland (and saplings amongst others).  By default, 182 is only used for tree branches, but can be changed in the init files. You could change it to 183 (which on spacefox apparently is identical), and it would be freed up.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 05, 2017, 01:37:23 pm »

Thanks for the correction, CLA! It turns out it was actually tile 182 that was open. I had tile 182 circled at first. But then made a typo and typed 183. Then I saw that I didn't circle 183 and went back and circled 183.

So the Pedestal in the 182 spot (spot with minecraft sugarcane / reed) now. Thanks for the Pedestal graphic and help, CLA!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38