Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38

Author Topic: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)  (Read 499041 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)
« Reply #510 on: May 06, 2018, 11:44:24 am »

Nice! Looks like Spacefox has new profession graphics four all the major races now.
And those crabs are pretty cute too!
it's all a little too cute for me, but it got a steady style that all fits together - even if it's too cute for my taste :)
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 06, 2018, 11:56:15 am »

"Cute" seems like the main theme of this pack.

The most adorfable dwarves here.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 06, 2018, 11:58:51 am »

"Cute" seems like the main theme of this pack.

The most adorfable dwarves here.
i know and i just wanted to point out it being great art and great work, but not my taste.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Burneddi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 10, 2018, 01:48:04 pm »

This is my favourite tileset. I haven't played for a while, so when I installed the latest version of PeridexisErrant's pack, I noticed that the cart and the workshops were composed of some weird-looking tiles:

I seem to remember workshops having pretty tiles according to their type, and I don't think the cart used to look like this either. Is this some bug caused by the new versions of dfhack/TWBT/whatever?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #514 on: May 10, 2018, 01:53:03 pm »

This seems to be a lack of TWBT, not a bug. As if the entire plugin wasn't running.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Burneddi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 10, 2018, 02:22:13 pm »

This seems to be a lack of TWBT, not a bug. As if the entire plugin wasn't running.
That's weird. You can see multi-level rendering in the first screenshot, which is (as far as I know) a TWBT feature. All the menus also looked so crisp that I could've sworn TWBT was enabled. Is it possible that the workshop sprites have gone missing somehow while everything else works?

Just to be sure I did a fresh download of PE's starter pack, and the problem persists. I also tried manually installing the tileset on top of the starter pack to no avail. I'm too tired right now to try and set up DF with all the bells and whistles from scratch to see if it's caused by PyLNP, though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #516 on: May 10, 2018, 02:24:41 pm »

Oh, yeah, if multilevel works, then TWBT is active.

Do you have an overrides.txt in data/init? That's where TWBT is told which tiles to pick for new objects. Sorry I can't be of more help, I haven't used Spacefox, so I'm not entirely sure how it should look when everything works correctly.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Burneddi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 10, 2018, 02:53:12 pm »

Oh, yeah, if multilevel works, then TWBT is active.

Do you have an overrides.txt in data/init? That's where TWBT is told which tiles to pick for new objects. Sorry I can't be of more help, I haven't used Spacefox, so I'm not entirely sure how it should look when everything works correctly.
Yeah. I did some digging in the assets. Found out that the LNP graphics directory had all the twbt files under separate directories (see pic). I moved the contents of those directories into the art and init directories above them, and things seem to work now. It's possible I fucked something up myself, but I suspect it might've been a problem in the starter pack.

For what it's worth, the Phoebus set in PE's starter pack seemed to have the same file structure. Didn't test to see if it worked. Meph tileset worked, but does not have separate twbt directories in its files.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 10, 2018, 03:32:52 pm »

The TWBT components are no longer installed by default on the repo. This is to allow TWBT to get the cool TWBT transparency features without making the pack look worse for non-TWBT users.
Here's how to install the TWBT components:
  • Open the /LNP/Graphics/Spacefox/ folder.
  • Copy the contents of the /data/twbt_art/ folder to the /data/art/.
  • Copy the contents of the /data/twbt_init/ folder to the /data/init/.
  • Copy the contents of the /raw/twbt_graphics/ folder to the /raw/graphics/.
  • Copy the contents of the /raw/twbt_objects/ folder to the /raw/objects/.
  • Right-click and "save link as" or whatever for onLoad_gfx_Spacefox.init
  • Copy the "onLoad_gfx_Spacefox.init" file into the /raw/ folder.
  • Launch the Starter Pack launcher, go to the Graphics tab, and double-click "Spacefox" and reinstall it into your saves.
This will give you dwarves and creatures without the background around them.
It will let you see the floor behind most of the furniture.
It will give you a text font designed for use with Spacefox.
It will make the workshops look fancy again.
And lots of other stuff.

Burneddi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 11, 2018, 12:52:05 am »

I did all of that and now my creature sprites have transparent backgrounds like they should, and the wagon looks correct. However, I noticed some of these shrubs have non-transparent backgrounds:

Is there something I can do to make these backgrounds transparent as well?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 11, 2018, 03:29:54 am »

Thank you for the report. From the the black backgrounds, it looks like those two tiles (147 & 166) don't support transparency. I'll fix it in the next update. Please let me know if you see others.

I'll upload a fix for that file in a few minutes.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 04:00:01 am by jecowa »

Burneddi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 12, 2018, 01:15:35 am »

Thanks for taking the time to maintain this tileset.

Should the tree/pillar tiles also be changed to have transparency? Currently in the screenshot they have brown backgrounds. Though I'm not sure how it would look like if they had transparency if the same tile is used for constructed pillars.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 01:17:25 am by Burneddi »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 12, 2018, 01:49:08 am »

Transparency can't work for tree trunks because there's nothing behind them to show.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 12, 2018, 03:47:30 am »

My strategy was to apply the transparency effect to everything and revert them as problems were discovered. I tested transparent backgrounds on trees, boulders, and flowers, but they looked bad like with the cactus and grass.

The brown background is because the tree trunk is brown. Even though transparency doesn't work with the tree trunk, i can use the multi-layer rendering feature to apply some green on top. It might look odd in areas where there is no grass around the trees, but that's probably rare.

Burneddi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 15, 2018, 05:54:10 am »

My gypsum walls look like this:

Is this a bug in the tileset?

EDIT: Also, is this bee sprite something transparency can be applied to?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 11:07:34 am by Burneddi »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38