Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38

Author Topic: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)  (Read 499013 times)

valfrend

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)
« Reply #525 on: June 18, 2018, 12:49:45 am »

Firstly, amazing tileset, the best for me :)

Secondly, i always have problems like @Burneddi with gold tilesets, they look like in the picture above.
Could youp ls look into this? This gold tiles makes my fort look very ugly, i am having problems seeing where the walls ends.

HellishINC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 21, 2018, 09:08:15 pm »

Anyone know if the 44.10 version of this tileset work on 44.09? Sadly there's no old version archive for linux LNPs so I gotta do it myself.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 24, 2018, 01:51:10 am »

Yeah, on the releases page it says it good for every version from 0.44.07 to 0.44.10. 

Nopal

« Reply #528 on: June 28, 2018, 07:36:54 pm »

MESSENGER profession graphics

[goblo] [elf] [human] [dorf]
also
gorlak and [CHILD]

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 29, 2018, 01:14:35 am »

Nice, Nopal!

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 29, 2018, 08:47:30 am »

You beat me to it!

Anyway, Nice job!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 29, 2018, 11:23:02 am »

My gypsum walls look like this:

Spoiler: gypsum screenshot (click to show/hide)

Is this a bug in the tileset?

I'm not sure. If it's a bug, it's been there for several years. It looks like Gypsum and the three stones that can be found within Gypsum all use this tile in Spacefox. Nopal might know more about what things are supposed to look like.

EDIT: Also, is this bee sprite something transparency can be applied to?

Last I remember, Vermin can't use transparency yet. (Vermin graphics are handled differently for some reason.) Vordak or Mifki might have more up-to-date info on this than me. I'll do some testing later to see if they can use it yet, though.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 11:24:39 am by jecowa »

Nopal

« Reply #532 on: June 29, 2018, 12:49:52 pm »

@jecowa Your help typing the graphics text is much appreciated. The folder's name should be jecowa/nopal by now.
@Nuttycompa Thank you, I worked fast this time.

I'm not sure. If it's a bug, it's been there for several years. It looks like Gypsum and the three stones that can be found within Gypsum all use this tile in Spacefox. Nopal might know more about what things are supposed to look like.
wa... what do you think about this one?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 30, 2018, 03:02:35 am »

Oh, I think I figured out the Gypsum problem. My bad. It looks like Burneddi is probably using the TWBT-Next version. Tile 157 is used by both those mineral walls and by bowls / pestles. Giving bowls transparent backgrounds took away the backgrounds from the Gypsum walls too.

I'm not really an expert in all the rocks and stuff (or much of anything), but that new Gypsum wall looks good to me, Nopal. Then the bowl/pestle can use an override.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 30, 2018, 05:42:01 pm »

Thanks for the report, Burneddi. Hopefully Gold and Gypsum ore walls look good now. If there were problems with these walls, though, there's probably problems with other walls too. Please let me know if you see anything else that looks wrong.

valfrend

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 04, 2018, 02:37:50 pm »

The gypsum wall is fixed now :) Thank You jecowa/Nopal for such a fast respone. You are amazing guys.

Steampunkgears

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 09, 2018, 02:51:18 pm »

Hey Guys, I am still new-ish to DF and had a concern with spacefox graphic tileset. I was following along with a youtuber who was using spacefox about a year ago. and I noticed that the up/down stairs icon on his was visually a up/down stairs image. Meanwhile on mine its represented by a big X. I spent some time trying to understand if something was wrong and still don't know if spacefox's up/down stairs are supposed to be represented by a X or if the override is not working. I can add photo attachments if i'm not explaining things entirely clear.

I also spent some hours messing with the override files and understanding them. I found a series of lines that I assume overrrides 88 and replaces it with _Dorenitems 96 - which looks like it would line up with the stairs on dorenitems.
The following lines are what I was referring to
#Up down stairs#
#[OVERRIDE:88:T:ConstructedStairUD:dorenitems24:96::]
#[OVERRIDE:88:T:FeatureStairUD:dorenitems24:96::]
#[OVERRIDE:88:T:FrozenStairUD:dorenitems24:96::]
#[OVERRIDE:88:T:Grass1StairUD:dorenitems24:96::]
#[OVERRIDE:88:T:Grass2StairUD:dorenitems24:96::]
#[OVERRIDE:88:T:LavaStairUD:dorenitems24:96::]
#[OVERRIDE:88:T:MineralStairUD:dorenitems24:96::]
#[OVERRIDE:88:T:SoilStairUD:dorenitems24:96::]
#[OVERRIDE:88:T:StoneStairUD:dorenitems24:96::]
#[OVERRIDE:88:T:UnderworldGateStairUD:dorenitems24:96::]

also after reading some of the comment lines in the override file im not entierly sure if the override runs by default or not, so some clarity on that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to help.

heres a link to what im talking about https://imgur.com/a/Jhrtrnq

Edit- So have confirmed after much forum searching that the u/d stairs and a number of other things I was seeing on the video I was watching was I believe Doren overrides. still the above question on how to get it to work alludes me.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 11:24:12 pm by Steampunkgears »

Steampunkgears

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 10, 2018, 12:34:27 pm »

So a big nevermind. I found out that what I was trying...WAS what i needed to be doing and I simply didnt move all the files over.

Just to clarify I moved all the art files from Dwarf_Fortress\Dwarf Fortress 0.44.10\raw\art to Dwarf Fortress 0.44.10\data\art
Then I moved the override file from Dwarf Fortress 0.44.10\raw\init to Dwarf Fortress 0.44.10\data\init

^ those are the only steps I did to get it to work. I assumed that was all that needed to be done.

Thanks again

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 10, 2018, 11:10:45 pm »

For the gypsum wall issue couldn't you just have overridden bowls/pestles? It's been awhile so I'm not sure they have a override, would be quickest just to check meph's graphics set to see. If you wanted.

@steampunkgears
The TWBT components are no longer installed by default on the repo. This is to allow TWBT to get the cool TWBT transparency features without making the pack look worse for non-TWBT users.
Here's how to install the TWBT components:
  • Open the /LNP/Graphics/Spacefox/ folder.
  • Copy the contents of the /data/twbt_art/ folder to the /data/art/.
  • Copy the contents of the /data/twbt_init/ folder to the /data/init/.
  • Copy the contents of the /raw/twbt_graphics/ folder to the /raw/graphics/.
  • Copy the contents of the /raw/twbt_objects/ folder to the /raw/objects/.
  • Right-click and "save link as" or whatever for onLoad_gfx_Spacefox.init
  • Copy the "onLoad_gfx_Spacefox.init" file into the /raw/ folder.
  • Launch the Starter Pack launcher, go to the Graphics tab, and double-click "Spacefox" and reinstall it into your saves.
This will give you dwarves and creatures without the background around them.
It will let you see the floor behind most of the furniture.
It will give you a text font designed for use with Spacefox.
It will make the workshops look fancy again.
And lots of other stuff.

That and one of your issues was you were looking at #[OVERRIDE:88:T:ConstructedStairUD:dorenitems24:96::], # comments things out. So that means that override wasn't active.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 11:18:31 pm by LeoCean »

Steampunkgears

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 11, 2018, 02:13:54 am »

@LeoCean

As for the # infront of the lines in the init file - I realized that there was another set of lines that were currently active which are your stairs which im fine with  ;)

As for the information above I had a few questions.

1: Im assuming the folders with the name twbt_ in front of raw,init,graphics,art are no longer named as such as there are just raw,init,graphics,art inside the LNP folder.

2: "Right-click and "save link as" or whatever for onLoad_gfx_Spacefox.init"   - right click on what exactly, and if its a folder I have never seen "save as link" in windows 10.

So far I THINK i got what i need working and here is a link to a screen shot of what i can see. https://imgur.com/a/kGf4OwK https://imgur.com/a/gYmSrE7
 I have noted a few changes that have worked such as the bridge, minerals and UD stairs showing the correct graphics now.

again thx for the help hopfully I did all the things right and if not someone will point it out lol.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:52:52 pm by Steampunkgears »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38