Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38

Author Topic: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)  (Read 499038 times)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spacefox 16x16 Graphic and Tileset (Updated 1/8/2013)
« Reply #540 on: July 12, 2018, 12:38:43 am »

They must default to using non twbt mode for spacefox. What you did was correct by moving it from the "fake folder"  \raw\art and so on since I am pretty sure that isn't a df folder just one used to store those files but not activating them.

1. Would make so much more sense if they were named twbt_raw\art and so on since they can't work as raw\art anyways it would just confuse people. Heck it should be named if_you_want_twbt_move_these\art.  :P

2. Idk what that rock click and save link is about he wrote it not me, I just quoted him. Anyways that folder seems to be a default in there anyways so that info was redundant. - Actually you have to copy over onLoad_gfx_Spacefox.init manually to either LNP\graphics\Spacefox\raw (it's in LNP\graphics\Spacefox). It's best to just copy and paste in the LNP\graphics folder,  the tileset folder you want to change so you don't have to mess around to much and have an original in case you mess up. Wish they'd just add a twbt version this looks like a pain for noobs and experienced people if they want to use the twbt version since they will think they have everything already but don't. I know Dastactic is doing a let's play with spacefox but he does not have all of the twbt stuff included.

onLoad_gfx_Spacefox.init adds transparency, it could add other things but for now that's all it has.

Steampunkgears

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 12, 2018, 10:59:34 pm »

So just to clarify on the onLoad_gfx_spacefox

So I basically move it from "LNP\graphics\Spacefox" to "LNP\graphics\Spacefox\raw" and do i need to go into LNP at that point and make sure I refresh/install graphics and updates saves? or can I manually drag it into Dwarf Fortress 0.44.10 folder somewhere to get it to manually work>? I see a onLoad_gfx_phoebus inside the Primary folder is why I ask. thanks again for the help.  8)

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 13, 2018, 03:50:36 am »

You should probably just manually copy it to Dwarf Fortress 0.44.10\raw, I don't think it needs to be in the save files. Problems would probably arise if your LNP\graphics\Spacefox is different than the version in Dwarf Fortress 0.44.10\raw ect.. Just graphically it wouldn't break saves since the only changes you are really making is graphics.

You should be able to notice transparency(different tiles/ground tiles) under your units/furniture if it is working.

Steampunkgears

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 13, 2018, 08:33:27 pm »

ok I will give it a shot. thanks for the help and will post more if I have questions.  ;D

update - here is a screenshot of my dining area and peeps in it. https://imgur.com/a/UcYl4JK
I feel like it didn't work. im not going insane about it but I would like to figure out how that works if it did not work.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 08:55:00 pm by Steampunkgears »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 13, 2018, 09:00:58 pm »

That looks like it worked because I can see original stone tiles underneath the units + the chairs, you can try screenshoting it for yourself in that area then save and reload without it active to see if there is a difference.

gustavoghe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 19, 2018, 08:45:23 pm »

Is there still someone updating this?
« Reply #546 on: November 17, 2018, 10:05:36 pm »

Is there still someone updating this?

I was wondering the same thing.

jocke the beast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 22, 2019, 08:58:28 am »

So, I never really used any tileset before but Spacefox looks really nice  so I thought I'd ty it out.

Does it work with the latest version of DF? Or is it lacking some "new" tiles so it will display wrong tiles?

Sorry for dumb questions but I have not experience playing with tiles.

Me: Come, Join me on my adventures!
Crossbowman: *spits at me* Surely any place is better than this, lets be off!

Marlhin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 25, 2019, 01:43:21 pm »

The TWBT components are no longer installed by default on the repo. This is to allow TWBT to get the cool TWBT transparency features without making the pack look worse for non-TWBT users.
Here's how to install the TWBT components:
  • Open the /LNP/Graphics/Spacefox/ folder.
  • Copy the contents of the /data/twbt_art/ folder to the /data/art/.
  • Copy the contents of the /data/twbt_init/ folder to the /data/init/.
  • Copy the contents of the /raw/twbt_graphics/ folder to the /raw/graphics/.
  • Copy the contents of the /raw/twbt_objects/ folder to the /raw/objects/.
  • Right-click and "save link as" or whatever for onLoad_gfx_Spacefox.init
  • Copy the "onLoad_gfx_Spacefox.init" file into the /raw/ folder.
  • Launch the Starter Pack launcher, go to the Graphics tab, and double-click "Spacefox" and reinstall it into your saves.
This will give you dwarves and creatures without the background around them.
It will let you see the floor behind most of the furniture.
It will give you a text font designed for use with Spacefox.
It will make the workshops look fancy again.
And lots of other stuff.

I am using the Lazy Newb Pack on Linux and I don't have transparency at all. I tried to follow your steps but /LNP/Graphics/Spacefox/data/ does not include twbt_art or twbt_init. I have found these folders within my df_linux/data folder but there are only a couple of Phoebus_*.png's so I guess copying them into the Spacefox folder won't do.

On Windows with Peridexis' Newb Pack everything works like expected.

So I guess it is a packaging problem of Lazy Newb Pack for Linux.

Is it possible for someone to upload his/her Spacefox folder (zipped) so that I can replace mine?

@jocke the beast: Afaik the tileset should work flawlessly with the current DF version (44.12).

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 05, 2019, 11:25:36 am »

Just copy your windows version(Peridexis' Newb Pack) over to your linux version? There should be no difference in the titleset between the 2, or there shouldn't be.(at most there'd be a added file which has nothing to do with the actual tileset)

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 11, 2019, 08:49:17 am »

@jocke the beast: Afaik the tileset should work flawlessly with the current DF version (44.12).

Really? Nothing missing? The last version appears to be over five years old.

EDIT: Apparently, there's this version as well.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 08:53:18 am by Greenbane »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 11, 2019, 09:53:44 am »

i cannot confirm that would work.
just copying the art and inis doesn't make them magically work.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

obliza

• Bay Watcher
  • Buy me dinner first?
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 14, 2019, 07:38:13 pm »

This tileset is working perfectly for me? Using latest version of LNP

I would also like to mention that I found Spacefox jarring at first but now I absolutely love it.
Only real complaint is dogs look like cows to me.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 14, 2019, 08:37:20 pm »

Cannot confirm what would work? transferring over the "spacefox" version of the lnp to your linux version? I haven't played the lnp myself for a long time and did notice some confusing stuff like what Marlhin said and explained 1-3-5 pages back an updated way to get it to work right. Maybe it's because by default now it's set to non twbt mode? and I used to mainly support twbt mode. (although we never went as far as Meph or Dragon something did with gemset) Admittedly when I watch df on youtube and they use spacefox without twbt.. it hurts. That said watching Kruggsmash play ascii version isn't the worst thing to watch since he storytells. It's a nice weekly df story.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: April 15, 2019, 08:41:23 am »

just using any tileset with overrides on a version it isnt made for - especially if it is a prepacked version.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38