Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Frontier  (Read 7359 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2013, 05:18:09 pm »

Turn 2: New Beginnings

While you design plans, you send out the Fae and Humans to replenish the food you've exhausted on the way here. They travel into the plains, and sneak up on the bison herd. (2) They hear the packs closing in and run off. The Fae decide to try again, with the deer, closer to the forest. (3) They kill only two fauns, and they gather berries for the herbivores along the way back. (Humans gained Hunting Adequate)

You tell the party to establish a settlement near a river, which you find flowing back to Irongrasp. (3) Things go well, albeit behind schedule. You manage to set up a large town hall, and enough houses to shelter the families. (5) You even manage to set up a mill and a storeroom. You tell the Humans to chop the trees in Bleakwoods and soon you start wood production.

Derrod takes his bow and quiver and travels up the mountains for a path to the quarry. (2) You can't find a road that's broken or dangerous. As you go down, you spot something moving in the trees. (1) You can't see it, and as you go closer to look, a goblin jumps out at attacks you! You retaliate (4(+1)-6) but the goblin trips you and you are cut in the leg. (5-6) The goblin strikes again, and you try your best to stop its next attack with its claws, but it slashes you in the arm. You try to escape (1-3) but it grabs your legs and drags you off. You pass out.

You wake up in a cave, tied to a post. You see a campfire, surrounding it are more goblins, around 10-15 but your mind is groggy. You see a big goblin, which you assume to be their Alpha. It looks like a badger, and it nearly resembles an Orc, if not for a telltale goblin laugh it does as it sees you.

Muliebris takes her packs with her to kill predators, despite their urging you not to. (You'd upset the food chain) You go around, killing only the very dangerous first, as requested by the Fae. Most notably, a grub-bear you find in its den. A large, multi-armed bear with a ferocious bite. (6-3) You hit the bow in one of its arms. The pack go on all fours and ram at the creature, goring, clawing, or biting it. (6(+1)-4) The grub-bear is savagely beat and it burrows away. You follow it to a cave where you hear chants. Goblin chants. You look inside and see a human tied up.

Buildings:
Caravan
Town Hall
Houses
Mill
Storeroom

Workforce:
8 Families (Human) (Untrained)
2 Families (Human) (Hunting Proficient)
5 Packs (Fae) (Hunting Proficient)
5 Broods (Drow) (Construction Proficient)
5 Families (Dwarves) (Mining Proficient)

Building Supplies:
40 Lumber
45 Stone
80 Supply

Areas:
Sun Peak (Mountain) (Abandoned Outposts) (Abandoned Quarry)
Bleakwoods (Forest)
Unexplored Swamp (Swamp)
River (River)
Goblin Cave (Hostile) (Cave)

Injuries:
Cut Leg
Slashed Arm

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

Also: The Creation Story on the Dwarves. Please give me feedback. I'm trying to improve my writing skills.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2013, 05:30:32 pm »

((Huh, was the drow construction bonus already included in the rolls, or was that forgotten at all?))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2013, 05:41:59 pm »

(( An OOC thread would be good yes please Cheesecake, another breeding question. Will breeding fae with fae be the same as humans or a kind of mix? Because if it's based on animals then they would grow faster then humans and are born in higher numbers in some cases.

Canines especially can breed up to 15 in one go. Big cats breed up to 3-4 regularly, even foxes breed 3-4 at a time. Predator fae are rarer but I think thats because they die off in much higher numbers. Will the breeding characteristics of the individual animal species still impact breeding?

Are all orcs and goblins like that? Or will we find a few odd ones out who can be reasoned with?))

Return to the camp, gather up all 5 fae families with shields and axes, 3 human families with bows and both sets of human hunters with bows then come back to the cave. Have 2 human families move inside and fire then run back outside, have the fae hidden either of the cave and the other 3 humans further out. If the enemy chases them out then ambush them first with bows then with fae flanking attacks. Rescue the human when it's finished.

If they don't come out then all archers move in and fire with the fae staying behind them and intercepting any enemy that attack, archers cease fire when fae engage in melee.

(( Well I've tried to explain why I made the changes I did and what I'm planning after this, down to you 2 now. ))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:58:06 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2013, 11:08:18 pm »

Okay. Two problems here: Why didn't I get to decide what my character did in combat? You made different decisions than I would have... for example, my reaction to movement would've been 'Shoot at it! Back up and get ready to kill whatever it is' not 'Let's walk right up here and see what this is'. I use a ranged weapon and had nothing for melee, for god's sake.

2. Minus six!? What for? 'Twas surprising, yes, but the instinctual reaction of a hunter to being jumped is to shoot at the thing, not completely freeze up. :/ I could see a -1 or -2, but -6 is way too high. I suppose it might have been a range handicap for trying to use a bow at close quarters, but, again, not what I would have done. (For example, I have these things called fists. They are better for beating things up than trying to fire a bow at something standing right next to me.)

Stay calm. Clear my head and evaluate seriousness of injuries and how tightly I'm bound. If I can break the rope or slip out of it, do so at the first opportunity. (AKA when Muliebris comes around the corner in about one second, but I don't know that's going to happen.) Also determine location of my bow (and my quiver of arrows, I guess). Evaluate threat of the goblins in the room. Weapons? And look for exits.

Here's hoping that wound doesn't get infected and kill me if I get out of this alive! /temptingfate

Is this still part of Turn 1, or are we into turn 2, now?

(And I was suggesting we each take control of department-related families, not that we automatically had control of them. For example, we expect the Construction leader to give commands to the Drow and towards building stuff, and we basically agree not to step on each others' toes.)

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2013, 11:30:36 pm »

(( That isn't a -6 silly, thats the goblins roll, you got 4+1 the goblin got 6.

Cheese am I allowed to read his spoiler? Since it's not in my turn I haven't looked yet incase I'm not meant to know.))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:33:44 pm by Alexandria »
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2013, 11:40:22 pm »

Oh. Carry on, then. >.>

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2013, 11:41:43 pm »

(( I swear if your getting me dragged into a war already I may have to mount your head in the center of town as a warning of the punishment for criminal ineptitude. ;).

Some survivor getting taken prisoner by a goblin on your first day :P. ))
Now it never would.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2013, 11:45:57 pm »

Blame the cake, not me! If I'd been able to choose my actions, I might not have ended up in this situation - and had a nice prisoner for you, to boot. And since I don't think this is the cave in the swamp, this cave was previously unknown - in a way, it's a good thing you found out about it. ;)

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2013, 11:51:48 pm »

(( I would have found it anyway since I found it on my own, you've just made things much harder since I have to rush in to save you. But since I don't know what I'm facing I've got a new plan. ))
Now it never would.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2013, 05:30:24 am »

Blame the cake, not me! If I'd been able to choose my actions, I might not have ended up in this situation - and had a nice prisoner for you, to boot. And since I don't think this is the cave in the swamp, this cave was previously unknown - in a way, it's a good thing you found out about it. ;)

Actually, I tried to do that, but I wanted to allow you to retaliate, as a sort of auto-attack everytime he hit you. It's just that the dice rolled bad.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2013, 02:48:53 pm »

Budump.
Now it never would.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]