Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bonus Dungeon - You Are The Final Boss(es)!  (Read 1492 times)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Bonus Dungeon - You Are The Final Boss(es)!
« on: August 17, 2013, 02:57:28 pm »

The Final Boss.
The bigggest, the baddest, the conqueror of many worlds, that who killed your parents, that who stands between the hero and his legacy...
The one that strikes fear in many a heart, wishing to bring destruction upon all that lives...

Or rather, he did. After said hero pulled out his Infinity+1 Sword and decimated you within seconds.
All four of you, in fact. How did you even become Final Bosses, anyway?

In any case, you now stand upon a lifeless, stone hulk in the null void, stripped of all life.
You realize that alone you may be strong, but you can be even stronger when you combine your forces!
But before that happens, you need some place to curse upon the worlds from, right? You aren't going to spend the rest of the eternity on this floating platform in a place beyond time, and time beyond counting.

But before you get to your evil genocidal plans, you need a dungeon to hide in. However, before even THAT happens...
Who are you, anyway? You sure must have some sort of magical or technological or physical power, otherwise you wouldn't be entitled the Final Boss, would you?

Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Theme:[/b]
[b]Style:[/b]
[b]Powers:[/b]
[b]Apppearance:[/b]
[b]Behavior:[/b]

Name - the string of letters and/or digits that certain groups find terrifying and death-inducing, others find it fanatical. Both of which don't do so anymore.

Theme - your general aesthetic and source of your power. Can be either physical (Hell Knight/Chuck Norris etc.), technological (Cyber Demon/Megazord etc.) or magical (Ultimancer/Lich King etc.).
Style - this defines your general way of dealing with excess attention. Are you a One-Man Army (you are alone, you hit rarely, but once you do, you hit like a 50-ton truck, twenty times over), Bullet Satan ("KEEP SHOOTING UNTIL IT DIES!") or Mindless Army Commander? You think I care? Seriously?
Powers - your very own cookbook of ways to unmake heroes and peasants from existence. Go crazy on this one, but not overly crazy. Sure, you were a Final Boss for a reason, but you were also defeated for a reason. Can range from Invisibility to Incendiary Laser-Guided Nukes to Double Falcon Punch.
Appearance - every self-respecting Final Boss needs to look nasty, fancy or otherwise attract attention. How are you doing that? Are you a robotic version of Chuck Norris, an eldritch abomination or the faceless one? Look, I'm no Trinny and Susannah of Final Bosses, I'm just your Game Master.
Behavior - are you a crazy maniac who sold his soul to the devil or a cold, emotionless machine built by the ancient race millenia ago? Do you even have feelings to begin with, you Level 200 Horror From Beyond?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 03:02:02 pm by DarkDXZ »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Bonus Dungeon - You Are The Final Boss(es)!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 03:14:17 pm »

Name: CyberControl
Theme: Technological
Style: E pluribus Unum. Our robot legions will assimilate, replicate and Destroy.
Powers:
    -Assimilation: The Cyberlegion will consume all that resists it, and turn it against it's former masters
    -Replication: The Cyberlegions are unending.
    -Direct control: Cybercontrol always houses itself in a portion of it's mooks, who fight stronger as a result. Last time, it was isolated and destroyed.
    -Update: A newly added patch, allowing Cybercontrol to modify it's legions to adapt, without needing to assimilate anything. Might take some time to reboot.
Appearance: Cybercontrol is many. It's appearances is that of the robots it controls.
         -The standard cyber legionnaire is a one eyed(camera), floating robot with 2 graspers. The eye is available in all primary colors.
Behavior: An old's races quest for functional immortality went surprisingly well. Combining it with an overriding AI for security purposes might have been a mistake. It's intentions are to ensure it's own survival, by assimilating/ eliminating all dangers.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 03:26:05 pm by 10ebbor10 »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 03:15:08 pm »

Name: I'm Clair the Bloody
Theme: I'm a hand on person(physical)
Style: I'm not against working with other, but I find if you want things done, do them yourself(One-Man Army)
Powers: I was once a normal girl, then my daddy cut himself working. I touch the blood left behind and felt powerful. The more blood is spilled on the ground, the worst it is to face me. It heal me, empowered me. The hero killed me without getting a cut, he killed me at my weakest. I'm not bad with a sword as well, in fact I'm petty good with all melee weapons.
Apppearance: If it been more then a hour since a good battle, most would say 'is that Clair? She doesn't look like the tales'. True, my red hair is the only thing that matches. The blue eyes, the fair skin, the cobbled together armour, the fancy sword, I look like the hero of the story, not the villain. But then I taste blood, my eyes glow red, my teeth glow into fangs, the now swirling cloak of blood forms two horns at my head, wings at my back and a long strong tail to croak my foes with. Heh, then I look like the demon of the legends.
Behavior: Oh, I have feelings alright, the boredom of sitting around, the thrill of battle, the ecstasy of cutting my foes. Some call me a bloodknight, I think I'm just a thrill seeker.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 03:39:30 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 03:16:57 pm »

Just FYI, I was not drunk when I wrote this. (I'm "virgin" when it comes to alcohol anyway)
I just went on with the silly Impire/Dungeon Keeper/Overlord-style narrative.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 04:25:13 am »

Poke

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 05:28:48 am »

Name: Althea the Dark
Theme: Magic
Style: Expendable minions + AOE magic
Powers: Gate: Gates in demons from hell/the abyss/wherever to fight on her side
Wildfire Tsunami: Exactly what it says on the Tin
Your Soul is MINE!: Save or die, if victim dies Gain a soul to do with as pleases, usually make a more powerful minion
- Shadow Soul: Construct another shadow from the soul of a victim, less expendable
- Soul Shatter: Use the energy of the soul to Blast an area
- Soul Consumption: Renew Self with soul
Dark dreams: Nightmare filled sleep
Shadows of the void: fills area with darkness, slowly saps life

Apppearance: Althea looks like a walking 3 dimensional shadow of a woman, her eyes burn red, but you can not determine any other features
Behavior: Driven mad by the demonic forces that turned her into a shadow, Althea wishes to visit the end upon the living.
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 05:31:17 am »

Uh, wha?
Ah, yes! The four Final Bosses emerge, among them the never-ending Cyberlegion, or at least the fraction of it. There's not nearly enough space to accommodate the entirety of this all-consuming metallic horde.

As well as the fabled girl, Clair the Bloody. Wait, aren't you the hero of this story? You certainly look like it-
Oh, nevermind. Now I see. I thought I was the insane one here for a moment.

In any case, your two...Friends seem to be a bit shadier about themselves for the time being, so we'll leave it at that.
But now that you at least should know each other in some way, shape or form, you should probably start thinking about the location of your probably-not-so-little lair.
What universe is it, anyway? We've never really specified that. Shitty story-writers...

Ah, Althea the Dark. No wonder I couldn't recognize you.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 05:36:17 am »

Our lair is accessible only via a portal of which the outside end changes according to our whims

and teh universe should be a magitech world of some description
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2013, 05:43:30 am »

We need a large tower, matt black, 100 floor tall. We got to have class after all.

I remember a term 'mass effect'? Don't remember what it mealt, I was busy fighting to learn.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 08:33:53 am »

How about this.

Our base is a 100 floor tall  large tower, placed in a Mobius strip dimension. Visually impressive entrance portal is located above it's top floor. In order to get to the sanctum (and the out-portal), anyone has to decent the tower (Let's call it tower A), down to the cellars. From there, they will ascend into tower B, which is mostly identical, and above which the exit portal can be found.

Thanks to the unique effects of a Mobius band, 2 copies* of tower A and tower B can be seen from each towers.

* Technically not copies, but in fact the towers themselves.

I remember a term 'mass effect'? Don't remember what it meant, I was busy fighting to learn.
I'd rather not play in a gameuniverse of a game I never played.

and the universe should be a magitech world of some description
Let's keep it at that.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 08:37:14 am »

damn...too late....
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 08:37:52 am »

damn...too late....
Not really. There's one spot left.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 08:41:21 am »

wait I thought there were only four????

Eh oh well AWESOME TIME

Name: Old Man
Theme: Magic
Style: Manipulator
Powers: Manipulation both magic and mundane. Also generic magic attack stuff
Apppearance: He is old. His wrinkles have wrinkles.
Behavior: The hero met Old Man at the very beginning, when Old Man got him to pick berries for him. Those berries were integral in Old Mans ascension, but the hero kept one and used it to Deus Ex Machina a Good End.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:46:40 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 08:42:32 am »

I only count 3 player characters. The other post is the GM/ narrator.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2013, 03:53:27 pm »

PTW
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.