Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: The Coil: A Post-Apocalyptic Succession Forum Game. Round 1: Waitlist Unlimited!  (Read 5947 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Lee family weren't like the Amish - they had their gas stove. A Swedish made AGA Cooker, shipped in on a truck to the general store back when stores and Swedes and shipping still existed outside of an old man's fables. It was a fine machine and they were proud of it. Or, at least they had been. Now it was just Juan, just "Old Man" to everyone else, who was the last of the Lees. And the old stove had stopped working years ago. Sometimes Lee wondered if he had stopped working years ago too, if this wasn't just a horrible nightmare brought on by him having gone finally senile in his old age. Maybe the people broke down after the war, just as the machines did. Maybe in the end it would all break down, the sun just burning out like a spent electric bulb.

The smoke coming off the eggs stirred the old man from his morbid thoughts. Lee had enough of the eggs for now. It's what he'd been eating, that and his rations, for the last few weeks. He'd cooked a pair this morning for breakfast, still had a smidge of the yolk on his plate. But it wouldn't do to let it go to waste - food was precious, now more than ever.

Still nine more in the basket. He thought to himself: "Let's go in to town. Trade a few of these in for something I can use." Well, that's a lie. What he really thought was: "Oh, Lord. What I would give for a bit of fresh bacon, or a piece of bread that that's doesn't come out of a can." In the end it amounted to the same thing - an old man would go to market that day.

Go trade in my extra eggs for things in town. If someone wants to do some party building and get in good with the man that has all the food, this is your chance!

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Don't make me kill your chickens old man :P ))
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Wade felt an electric sting as the lips brushed his cheek. Huh...

"...They are beautiful animals." Wade comments, not trying to pet one. The wolves reminded him of certain convicts, all coiled muscles and teeth. "I merely do want to help you, though. There's better ways of finding people then asking strangers in the street. I am the sort of person who finds things and people, for a small fee of course...what's your name? I think we can be friends, but I don't know your name." He said charmingly.

----

Wade spotted the Old Farmer tottering toward the market and adjusted his stride. He had tasted some of those Eggs before. A bit spotty...but not too bad. The Old man seemed to mostly deal in medicine, was sick with something.

He stopped by Lee and put a gentle hand on his shoulder. He deliberately softened his language, using more homely and down to earth terms.

"Hey...It's Mr. Lee, right? The Chicken Farmer?" He said, with fake enthusiasm. "You probably don't remember me, but we did business a few weeks ago. My wife loved your eggs." Wade insisted.

"It's so nice to see ya come around again-must be hard, being all alone up there, huh?" Mock sympathy. "Ah, I'm being so rude, sorry sir. My name is Wade. A true pleasure, sure." He extended his other hand to shake.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile

((Well, since (almost) everyone else's doin' it... And I did say in my action to look for someone to act as a guard, so y'know. :v))

Edgar couldn't help but notice the woman asking everyone she passed for someone called 'Ghost'. Of course, the main thing about her that caught his eye was the pair of mutts she had around her. Never did care for dogs, but, there's plenty of use for a pair of beasts that big.
Then her give some seemingly random guy a kiss, well, his curiosity was piqued even further.

After the end, inhibitions're the first to go, I suppose.

Edgar sighed, running his hands through his hair. No way around it, he figured, those animals- possibly along with their owner -seemed the best option for protection. Maybe even the man over there. Who knows.

"Ahm, hello there... Either of you two looking to get a bit of company? Safety in numbers an' all that.
I could very easily make it worthwhile for you, if you've anything you'd like to get fixed up."

He smiles, in a slightly strained looking manner. He never was too good at these sorts of situations.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wade doesn't seem surprised by the materialization of the fellow

In fact, he acts as if he had planned it.

"Ah, and here comes one of my friends now. It's Edgar, right?" He says, pointing at the man. He knew exactly who Edgar was.

He notices Edgar was a bit uncomfortable. Figures...

"You probably didn't catch my name. I'm Wade. You've done business for me before, but I doubt you knew you were. I work through 3rd parties and help people get together. I know you're good with your hands, huh?" He says, smiling.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 04:45:47 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Erm. My character's not ghost. :v))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Doy. Fix'd))

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Old Man Lee is somewhat startled by the sudden crowd. He's not quite sure he remembers anyone by the name of Wade, but it's possible - he does business with lots of folk around this part.

"Ah, Mr. Wade. Good to see you again. And the lovely Mrs. Wade, I suppose? Looking simply radiant today, I must say."

He shakes Wade's hand, a soft grip but as firm as it can be at the ripe old age of 83, and offers it next to Alexis.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 07:04:36 am by Grek »

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Burying her hands in the fur of her 2 companions Alexis smiles politely before turning to look around at the men gathering around her.

"I'm Alexis, and this way works perfectly fine for finding people. It's not a big town so sooner or later he'll get the message and come find me if I don't find him first."

Stopping as the newly arrived man spoke Alexis then flashes a playful smiles at him,

"I don't have anything electronic for you to fix, but maybe you could help me deal with a different problem tonight, if you think you can handle it."
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You probably didn't catch my name. I'm Wade. You've done business for me before, but I doubt you knew you were. I work through 3rd parties and help people get together. I know you're good with your hands, huh?" He says, smiling.
Edgar blinks once, nodding slowly.
"Yeah, keeps me fed. Actually, heh, I think I have heard about you. From a... friend of mine. Probably not the best word for him. But he gets my goods out there and gets me decent enough payment for it. Most of the time, at least..."

Stopping as the newly arrived man spoke Alexis then flashes a playful smiles at him,

"I don't have anything electronic for you to fix, but maybe you could help me deal with a different problem tonight, if you think you can handle it."

Cute. No way she's not trying to play me. Thank god I've enough sense to ignore that sort of thing...
"Mhm. I'll keep that in mind..."

Edgar's smile turns a touch more sincere as he notices the elderly farmer.

"Didn't see you there, ya old coot. You been holding up alright? Haven't seen you 'round here in awhile."

He'd always liked Old Man Lee.
Always reminded him a bit of his grandfather. And of course, the fact that him and his eggs had come through when the military hadn't certainly gave him reason enough to like the guy.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Old Man Lee managed to look a little disappointed when Alexis refused to shake his hand, but cheered up soon enough at the familiar face:

"Edgar! You little whippersnapper, how have you been? I'm fine. Radio I had you fix up ages ago still works too."

Edgar was one of the few honest folk around these parts, so far as Mr Lee knew. Not a smuggler, addict, thief or other kind of criminal. Just a bright young lad who did honest work, even after everything had gone to seed.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Smiling to herself at the disappointment Alexis leaned forward and kisses the elderly man on the cheek before turning to study the crowd again.
Now it never would.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Heh, glad to hear it. I've been decent enough, but y'know how it is.
Only complaint I can really muster is about the difficulty I've been having getting a hold of parts and all that good stuff.
The military, as per usual, wasn't particularly helpful in that regard... But I'm sure I'll find something to fix and pawn off by th' time I need to."

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ghost had heard someone calling their name, looking for them. They had stayed back as much as possible before locating the caller. Deciding that the group of people could easily be lost in the crowd if need be, they walked up behind Alexis and tapped her shoulder before holding up a piece of paper with the words,

-what do you want-

written on it.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

(So, what do you guys wanna do, then?)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7