Carrier
- 0 (0%)
Super Submarine
- 1 (10%)
Airship
- 6 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Earth Defense Mecha Forces: defending the earth is serious business(OOC/Full)  (Read 11480 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Earth Defense Mecha Forces: defending the earth is serious business(OOC/Full)
« Reply #105 on: December 08, 2013, 04:10:29 am »

Folks, big rule change intended WEF from next mission. Sorry for the poor rule-English, btw.

Units will be no longer comprised of parts with separate HP. Instead, it will have a general HP pool, and share armor.
Parts damaged will be dealt with separately.
There will still be a hit location chart, but with the probability of each location much lower except the torso.
When a unit is it, xdy (hit location dice) will be thrown, in which y will be similar to the "total die faces" stat, while x will be the # of incoming damage.
If you are hit in the chart anywhere instead of the torso, the said part will take 1 count of damage, and if it took more than enough damage it will be destroyed.
Only one part can be hit every incoming hit; in other words, once a part is hit, no more hit location dice is thrown for this damage.
The exception to this is a critical hit MUST destroy a part. that means the hit location dice will be thrown until a part is hit.

This not only make sure that AE works as intended, but also units will have a more "solid" feel.

Discussion and suggestions needed.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Earth Defense Mecha Forces: defending the earth is serious business(OOC/Full)
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2013, 06:31:55 am »

Ive been thinking, instead of an ap hungry cleave could i just get a single hex directional splash depending on which way i swing my sword?

Also do crits ignore armor? I got hit for 3 damage instead of 3-2.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 08, 2013, 06:40:41 am »

So if I read the above rules correctly, then when a weapon hits, it's damage is first subtracted from the generic health pool, and then a subsystem damage roll occurs for each damage point. The subsystem that come out of said roll sustain additional damage

This seems like a pretty bad idea. I mean, if you had an attack that does 8 damage*, you'd have to do 8 of these rolls, and the damage would be spread out across the mech. (Which isn't logical, as it is a single armor piercing projectile). A single roll for the total damage seems to be easier and better.

I kind-off prefer the other system, even though it means that my missiles will be "wasted" if they happen to hit a mostly undamaged part.

*Like mine.

Alternate solutions:
   -Mech bulkiness. I dunno, increase primary armor, hitrate and hp? Or something like that.
   -AE: Dunno what the abbreviation is for.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 08, 2013, 06:52:08 am »

Can we expend ap to boost our mobility saves?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 08, 2013, 07:27:40 am »

Ive been thinking, instead of an ap hungry cleave could i just get a single hex directional splash depending on which way i swing my sword?

Also do crits ignore armor? I got hit for 3 damage instead of 3-2.

I actually did not subtract the attack

So if I read the above rules correctly, then when a weapon hits, it's damage is first subtracted from the generic health pool, and then a subsystem damage roll occurs for each damage point. The subsystem that come out of said roll sustain additional damage

This seems like a pretty bad idea. I mean, if you had an attack that does 8 damage*, you'd have to do 8 of these rolls, and the damage would be spread out across the mech. (Which isn't logical, as it is a single armor piercing projectile). A single roll for the total damage seems to be easier and better.

I kind-off prefer the other system, even though it means that my missiles will be "wasted" if they happen to hit a mostly undamaged part.

*Like mine.

Alternate solutions:
   -Mech bulkiness. I dunno, increase primary armor, hitrate and hp? Or something like that.
   -AE: Dunno what the abbreviation is for.
Not really. Only one point of subsystem damage max grand total, guaranteed on crit.
That means stronger weapons have a higher chance to damage subsystems, but you can still damage one subsystem.
OTOH that also means hands, legs, heads, guns etc are all potentially subsystems.
(special weapons do not count. That means the both your missile and GWG's EMP will have a big change forthcoming.)
Bulkiness will be largely readdressed for the forthcoming change (that would only be available next battle)
AE is AE, splash damage, AoE, or Area of Effect Damage.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2013, 07:44:01 am »

So... directional plasma splash, yay or nay?

Ap-> dodge, yay or nay?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 08, 2013, 07:53:39 am »

So either I don't understand this anymore, or the best way to do subsystem damage is launching a multitude of small attacks.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2013, 08:35:26 am »

So... directional plasma splash, yay or nay?

Ap-> dodge, yay or nay?
AP to dodge is something that will be seriously considered. However there will be limits to that.

Describe the splash (I intend to be flexible).

So either I don't understand this anymore, or the best way to do subsystem damage is launching a multitude of small attacks.
The Point is "Multitude". If you mean 12 missiles dealing 1 damage each, vs a big hit of 12, yes. However, with the more unified armor system, the 12 missiles would have to be pretty damaging on its own to start with, as each will be affected by armor once, for a total of 12 damage reduction, while the bit hit can only be affected by armor once.

Say if you have 2 armor, (that would be default for a medium), to do 12 "HP pool" damage, you will need either a large punch of 14, or 12 missiles that could deal 3 damage each. The missiles have higher probability to knock parts out, but then the 12 damage might be damaging enough.

I can see there might still be a problem, but then I'm still tempted to split the current HP system into a "HP pool" and a "subsystem pool".

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2013, 08:37:23 am »

Then again, there's armor piercing.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2013, 08:42:49 am »

My sword is capable of doing half damage at very short range, the splash is just that applied to a single hex next to the one im attacking.

So when i swing my sword i do full damage in melee and half damage in either one hex next to it or the hex behind it.

Think single jump chain lightning, while cleave would have gotten more powerful as more enemies rushed me this attack caps at one jump and still allows for me to be dogpiled by large packs of opponenents and have those "oh shit" moments right before i get torn limb from limb.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 09:11:52 am by Unholy_Pariah »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2013, 09:26:36 am »

Then again, there's armor piercing.
For sanity AP attacks isn't going to be a main point in this game, and less so for AP swarm missiles.

My sword is capable of doing half damage at very short range, the splash is just that applied to a single hex next to the one im attacking.

So when i swing my sword i do full damage in melee and half damage in either one hex next to it or the hex behind it.

Think single jump chain lightning, while cleave would have gotten more powerful as more enemies rushed me this attack caps at one jump and still allows for me to be dogpiled by large packs of opponenents and have those "oh shit" moments right before i get torn limb from limb.

I guess lets do this:

You can designate a secondary target within very short range in addition to your main attack. If the primary swing connects, the secondary target will also be affected, subjected to normal targeting rules, and is treated as a target at very short range (i.e. 1/2 damage).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 09:29:01 am by evilcherry »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2013, 04:41:27 pm »

Yay.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]