Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 63

Author Topic: Only War: Warband OOC FULL  (Read 50267 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Only War: Warband OOC FULL
« Reply #660 on: August 07, 2013, 04:47:39 pm »

Is it okay for us to add small details into the invasion?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 07, 2013, 04:58:23 pm »

Since you guys were sort of supposed to flesh out your regiment in the first place, yes.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 07, 2013, 04:59:20 pm »

Ah, okay, well if it comes up, I will flesh it out IC.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 07, 2013, 05:14:25 pm »

What honorific does a General give to a Lord-Commissar and vice-versa? Or a Sergeant to a Commissar? Sir? Commissar? I want to get this right.

EDIT: Also, I'm reading the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer, and I'm confused now. It actually says Orks are larger than humans. It's surprisingly blunt and truthful for an Imperial book. http://www.scribd.com/doc/18520556/The-Imperial-Infantrymans-Uplifting-Primer
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 05:34:38 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 07, 2013, 05:40:57 pm »

Well its obvious that us well trained guardsmen will wipe them all out.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 07, 2013, 05:43:28 pm »

Actually, there's a small bit in the Only War rulebook of a Guardsman's journal. They were supposed to fight the Orks, but when he first saw one the Ork ripped his comrade's arm off and used it to beat the others, IIRC.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 07, 2013, 05:44:37 pm »

What honorific does a General give to a Lord-Commissar and vice-versa? Or a Sergeant to a Commissar? Sir? Commissar? I want to get this right.

EDIT: Also, I'm reading the Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer, and I'm confused now. It actually says Orks are larger than humans. It's surprisingly blunt and truthful for an Imperial book. http://www.scribd.com/doc/18520556/The-Imperial-Infantrymans-Uplifting-Primer
After saying that they're larger than humans, it goes on to say that their muscle density is far less than a guardsmans, and that they're weaker than the average man. The book is half useful information, half entertaining propaganda.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 07, 2013, 06:15:58 pm »

Some of the images show the orks as being smaller than a human, I actually got that incorrect. And as the GM pointed out, it is full of propaganda. It does have useful information, but you better not trust what it says about xenos.

Sergeants and soldiers are usually expected to call a Commissar either "Sir" or "Commissar", though you can never miss by only using their title. Higher-ranked officers also tend to refer by Commissars by their title and name or only by their title, even if they do ditch the "Sir".
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 07, 2013, 06:52:20 pm »

Update.
Welcome to Reality.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 07, 2013, 07:35:00 pm »

By the way; I actually have 6 sanity damage, not 5; Caellath only now informed me that cold-hearted gives an insanity point.
At least I'm not that Ministorum Priest. (not intended to be offensive to the player :P)

Also, I'm reading the rules and regulations in there; yeeeeks.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 07:47:04 pm by Powder Miner »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 07, 2013, 07:47:53 pm »

Lore Corner: Forge Worlds tend to be polluted and their skies dark, even more so around industrial areas. I will take it our planet was not extremely polluted (I will probably write a bit of lore when I get enough time for it), but watching the clear skies and shining sun of an agri-world would still be a fairly interesting experience for forge worlders.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 07, 2013, 07:58:52 pm »

How long would a term of service be for an imperial guardsman?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 07, 2013, 08:01:04 pm »

On average, not very long.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 07, 2013, 08:01:17 pm »

Until you die; which is a few months.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 07, 2013, 08:02:08 pm »

On average, not very long.
specifically I believe it is 2 minutes after enemy contact
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 63