Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals (IC thread)  (Read 10697 times)

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals (IC thread)
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2013, 09:14:02 pm »

" You seem to underestimate these mortal for they face death constantly, thus they will be creative trying to avoid being killed. From, this creativeness they will create weapons that can inflict wounds on to you."

((I attended for them to be some what powerful then a normal mortal, but not at the level of ascendant))
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 09:27:10 pm by jaass »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2013, 09:26:11 pm »

Assume you're right. How would Malevolence stop them? And why would they kill me in the first place?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2013, 09:32:45 pm »

"You will be the indirect target, due to how much infighting there is now among their own race. All they need is bigger weapons that can wipe cities and even planets. "

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2013, 09:47:26 pm »

If they warred to such extents that they endangered everything, they would be destroyed long before they posed a threat to me. And not if they made cities of millions, steel horses that belch toxins whenever they are awake, and chop down every tree could they harm me. They would only harm themselves.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2013, 10:45:14 pm »

EAT THEIR MOTHERLOVING HEADS OFF!!
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2013, 03:36:54 pm »

Blutegel heard the words coming from behind. An order, a command, perhaps a warning? Very well, the voice said do not turn around and so Blutegel would not turn around. Instead it scurries forward rapidly in order to put distance between whatever is behind. At the same time it called back to the voice behind it,
Who are you and what is your purpose?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2013, 10:09:51 pm »

Orthos, Crystal Wyrm Ascendant
Orthos leapt at the fallen, and they dodged out of the way.  They both 'said', "Fine then, you choose death."  A long battle is fought, the two sides in relentless combat, but Orthos begins to fall behind.  It's hide was begining to crack faster than theirs, and he began to slow.  If he did not do something quick, he would die.

Tanzeret, Jotun Oracle Ascendant
The Inquisitor smiled, and responded, "Why don't you meet Tantiy yourself?"  Without further words, the Inquisitor grabbed Tanzeret by the arm, and threw him at a nearby troll.  The troll responded by punching the Oracle's flying body, sending the Jotun flying into a nearby building.  As blood began to leave his body in great quantities, the Oracle heard the Inquisitor say something, but couldn't tell what.  The Oracle figured it had something to do with leaving him there, as the Inquisitor and his group left the plaza.  Before Tanzeret blacked out, he noticed a figure enter the plaza, and come in your direction...

Blutegel, Unified Merfolk Ascendant
Suddenly, a sound came from behind the Unified Merfolk.  Wait, was that laughter?  Blutegel turned around and saw a dark green merfolk standing in the doorway.  When the unidentified Merfolk came out of the burst of laughter, he said, full of mirth, occasionally laughing, "Sorry, it's just been way too long since I have seen anything living besides those slimes.  I just couldn't help myself."  He regained his composure and said, "As for who I am, you can call me 'the Survivor', because that is what I have been doing since the event.  My purpose is the same as my name: to survive."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2013, 10:35:24 pm »

For a moment Blutegel silently eyed this stranger, cautiously looking for any way he could be a threat. He may just look like a regular merfolk but he did manage to sneak up on Blutegel. That alone made him more dangerous than his ordinary appearance might suggest. Slowly speaking in a eerily clear and deliberate manner,
Hello... survivor... I am... new... here. What are these... slimes you speak of? What is this place? What is... the event?
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2013, 10:49:45 pm »

Another person died. A mother of three, with another in her womb, her death was nothing more unusual than a typical raid. And yet, her death was special, for it was a breaking point. Enough souls were floating around Tantiy that It realized that the dead had nowhere to go.

So what did It do? It changed that.

First, Tantiy found a world which was uninhabited, far from any world of the living. Upon this world, deemed Thanos, Tantiy placed many things. It became a facsimile of the mortals' worlds, with cities and forests, wastelands and waters, even plants, facsimile animals, and camps. Most importantly was a stone placed at the south pole of the world, the Thanos Stone, which emitted a strange stuff, Ether. Ether flows like a combination of light and water, spreading through the universe. Only the dead sense it, and they are drawn to it.

But the presence of this beacon and this land for the dead would not be enough; the dead would have to be able to get there, as well. So Tantiy made a number of portals, the Death's Doors, leading from Thanos to every other world, invisible to mortal eyes but clear to the Ethersighted dead, so allow the dead to go there. And thus Thanos, the Afterlife, was created.

Act? Shape Thanos.
Act? Create the Death's Doors.
Sig

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2013, 10:50:27 pm »

Use both of my minor acts to blast them back to the luminiferous ether.
(assuming I am the only Ascendant in the group)
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2013, 11:01:14 pm »

"Whoa, slow down, there buddy, one question at a time," said the Survivor.  "I don't know the official name for this place, but I have a suitable name for it: the Malevolence's playground.  I feel it adequately describes how horrible it is to survive here.  The event is what I call when all but 100 of the population decided to sacrifice their merfolkness and intelligence to become the slimes.  The slimes are..."

The Survivor was interrupted by a pendant tied on his left wrist changing to ice.  He jumped in mild surprise before becoming focused.  "Well then," the Survivor said.  "It looks like your about to get a first hand account."  The Survivor tossed a couple arrows to you, saying "Catch.  The tips are enchanted with ice magic, the only thing that seems to harm them."

Orthos, Crystal Wyrm Ascendant
Orthos gathers its power, and curls up.  The two fallen leap towards him, thinking the Wyrm is surrendering.  Suddenly, power races out of the Wyrm, lancing forth, and obliterating the fallen, and the plateau in a colossal blast.  It does not stop at that.  The material re-condenses into an astonishing hollow tower made of a gleaming material, in order to prevent Orthos from wounding itself.  The Wyrm tries to dig at the tower, but it's maw bounces off the material.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2013, 01:14:29 pm »

Blutegel watches carefully but does not act aggressive unless provoked or endangered in some way. Looking at the Survivor he asks,
Have you ever tried taming one?

With that said, Blutegel attempts to interact in a friendly manner with these slimes.

Edit:
If Survivor is threatened, do help though.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 08:48:48 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2013, 09:48:08 pm »

"Kinda hard when whenever they get within 30 feet, they rush at you trying to convert you.  We lost 30 before we abandoned diplomacy."

Suddenly, a semi-solid green liquid quickly flows down the door frame.  You can't hear what the survivor is saying, until he puts an arrow near the substance, causing it to open up.  He says, "I'm sorry.  You're going to need to get out of there yourself.  This slime will open up around the arrow too quickly to get in a hit, and I can hear a few dozen slimes heading this way.  I need to get out of here."  With that, the Survivor begins to sprint down the corridor, in the direction you had earlier come from.  A few seconds later, you see some of what may be the slimes run down the hallway.  However, three stop, and the barrier lowers, forming two more.  All five enter the room, some dividing into more in order to surround you.  One remains undivided, and a mouth forms upon its face, and asks, nearly in gibberish, 'What are you?'

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2013, 11:11:41 pm »

I am... something new. I was made here in this city. Made like you were... I think. Made from the merging of something else different from what I am now.
Blutegel shifts in place and is silent for a moment as if in thought.
Being new, my knowledge of this world is limited but I believe we may be kin of some sort. Not exactly the same but certainly related. Perhaps our goals coincide?
Sure thing peanut man!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2013, 08:22:06 pm »

"Is your goal to assimilate all other entities into a collective of your own making?"  asked the slime.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7