Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Gods and Mortals (IC thread)  (Read 10703 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Gods and Mortals (IC thread)
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2013, 08:34:23 pm »

Blutegel smiled or at least attempted something similar to a smile,
Yes, but I would be willing to work cooperatively with you in that regard. You see, the thing about assimilating all other entities into a collective is that while the minds must be unified in goal and purpose, the individual entities or parts should be diverse and specifically attuned to whatever tasks needs doing. Much like a body has hands, feet, mouth, eyes, a collective must have enough parts that it can accomplish whatever needs to be done. That is something I hope to be able to help with.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2013, 10:33:26 pm »

If they warred to such extents that they endangered everything, they would be destroyed long before they posed a threat to me. And not if they made cities of millions, steel horses that belch toxins whenever they are awake, and chop down every tree could they harm me. They would only harm themselves.

"Very well, just be aware of mortals."

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2013, 08:57:56 pm »

Blutegel, Unified Merfolk Ascendant

"You seem to wish to build a different collective," 'spoke' the slime.  "There can only be one collective."

Unspoken by the slime was one word that was understood by all.  Attack.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2013, 04:46:45 pm »

So be it.

With that said, Blutegel reaches out with his mind to tear apart the very essence of the slimes present. He also charges forward towards the nearest slime and attempts to crush it physically using (I assume) his larger size as an advantage.

I would have preferred to have you serve me willingly but I shall settle for destroying you and utilizing whatever is left over to create something better.

Use my powers to rip apart the essence of the slimes while also simultaneously charging forward towards the nearest slime and attempting to crush it. If I succeed in destroying any, attempt to reform them with my fusion powers into something similar that is a part of my own hive mind.

Edit: If using powers to destroy and recreate the slimes requires using an act, then do so.

Also when I charge forward stab the slime with an ice arrow
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:10:17 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2013, 06:09:56 pm »

Rest for 3 turns.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2013, 02:33:51 pm »

And so it came to pass that Raven slumbered in his hall in the sky, and when he awoke there was a great clanking and clamoring in his mind that would not go away. He was troubled by this.
He noted the others entering, but they were petty and small. He ignored them.
He saw death given substance, but he knew it not. It was ignored.
Finally the clamoring and cawing in his head could not be contained and Raven threw open his mouth and out poured a heaving throng of shadowy feathers and yellow eyes, slim, quick, quiet on the wing and loud in the beak. They flitted about and Raven threw forward his head and coughed, and they were sent spiraling to all the worlds. There they made roost, and others would find them strange and wild and immortal, for Raven had showed them how to trick death. They traded, troubled, played, laughed, killed in dancing under the sky to show Raven their father that they were joyful.

1 Mighty Act: Raven creates a race of anthropomorphic ravens, essentially. They generally have the same type of personality as him and are immortal. They are about 7-8 feet tall, thin, and black as night with eyes ranging from yellow to green to blue. They obviously possess magic of the sort he gave to the Drakin.
However many regular acts are necessary: Raven scatters his children to all the worlds, that all might share in his joy.
They're called Rukh, by the way.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 03:59:07 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Polypian

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me sting your ass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2013, 03:35:00 pm »

Arefin reveled in his new status as leader of the Drakin. Truly, with this position, he could uplift his race to heights yet unknown. To better equip himself for this task, he decided to craft himself a set of Armor as strong as the Earth, and a Spear as deadly and bright as Fire itself. Using Elemental magic, Arefin forms himself a set of Armor plating forged from the stone of Tantiy's earthly body. Again drawing on Elemental magic, Arefin forms himself a fluid spear, crafted from the molten rock that seeped from within the earth.
Minor Act: Craft a set of Armor cut from stone, infused with the strength of the earth.
Minor Act: Craft a fluid spear formed from the molten rock within the earth, forever burning hot to all but Arefin.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2013, 09:30:00 pm »

Turn 06

Three of the Ascendants face their trials with varying degrees of success...

Tanzeret's direct challenge to the religious authority brings him great pain, but he is shaped as a living martyr in secret.  However, this is only partially true.  Tanzeret died that day in the plaza, but a female Jotun, Silena, managed to restore him to life.  Oddly, at the same time, three trolls and two Jotun, all in fair health died at the exact same moment.  None are sure why that happened, not ever the Oracle himself.  However, under his guidance, thousands of all species left the great metropolis, all heading in a path that led them far from the citadel, where they founded a new city, White Freedom.  When it was finally finished, a few of the citizens came to meet with the Oracle, to beg him to come to the city, lest he be slain in the 'Unified City'...

Upon the Crystal homeworld, Orthos managed to destroy the Fallen with his power.  Upon the site of the battle, a tower had erupted around him.  Wurms flocked to this tower, and were astonished by the indestructability of the place.  At the place, the civilization of the wurms began to develop, with the last of the prophecized, Orthos, as their leader, for it was through his power that the tower was created...

Back on Tantiy, the Unified Blutegel fought with the slimes.  He managed to defeat them through use of his demigod power to create an ice-enhanced blade.  When the Survivor returned in amazement, an alliance was struck up between the two, for the sake of survival.  After discovering that the slimes had an easier time tracking them both, the two decided to each remain alone, but to meet up occasionally...

After these events, Jabiron acted.  He created beings known as the Shade Imps upon the Crystal Homeworld.  They willing become slaves to the 'Insane' Wurms, creating for them armor of copper, and tools that could be used as weapons.  However, even with these advantages, the listeners could not strike the great tower with any effectiveness...

MutOrb acted silently, creating entities to affect the lives of the mortals, retroactively giving them lives that did not significantly influence the timeline before this point...

In the mighty republic of Chaos, a preacher arose.  Its name was Rol Geb Ek, and it preached sermons upon the light.  Before he preached, the concept of light was opposing to the ideals of the beasts, but with the words he said, some of the leaders of the Republic came to a revelation.  Light was needed within the empire.  The following of chaos before had been undefined, harming and helping society.  But this new revelation, the society evolved into a new dynamic of illuminated chaos.  A system was created by the government, which was in turn adopted by all the people.  Under this system, each action was judged through a variety of factors that determined whether the action performed was either detrimental or beneficial towards the society as a whole.  Actions that were proven more detrimental than beneficial were necessitated to have an equally or greater beneficial action to be performed, while actions that were more beneficial than detrimental gave room for a equal or lesser detrimental action to be performed.  With this new system, the civilization entered a new age of enlightenment and thought...

When Tantiy looked upon the souls of the dead, a sense of remorse came over the god.  He reached out, and changed a world to become an afterlife, which all souls were taken to, if they so chose, which some elected not to, by promise to another, or not wanting to go just yet, preferring to make the journey with those they cared about, and watch over them in the meantime...

The Raven also acted, creating anthropomorphic versions of himself that were called the Rukh.  They were sent to all inhabited worlds that could support them, but nowhere was their effect so great as it was in the Gullet.  There they were happily welcomed by the Drakin society, and due to the protection granted to them by the Drakin, they all became priests of the Raven, and given free roam of the public portions of the city.  While at times there was some anger towards them, it rarely lasted...

Speaking of the Drakin, it was at this time the heir Arefin crafted two artifacts.  He had started with his elemental magics, but then the Drakin felt power deep within himself.  He tapped into it, and the energy burst into the artifacts making them more than what he had intended previously.  They became pure elementals pieces, the armor and weapon gaining unprecedented strength equivalent to Steel, and able to create an aura of any element he chose that was within his disposal...

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Technology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stellar Objects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 06:30:13 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2013, 09:47:40 pm »

Tantiy watches and sees nothing that needs to be done.

No action.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Polypian

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me sting your ass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2013, 10:06:15 pm »

Arefin, clad in his armor and armed with his spear, called a grand meeting of all the Drakin. With his armor gleaming with the power of pure light, he looked like a beacon of greatness.
"My fellow Drakin, we live down here, away from all others. Our only companionship is provided by our friends the Rukh. I say, we rule our lands, but there is so much more out there. Why should we be content to this small portion? Today, we live alone no longer! Today, we shall retake the surface and make ourselves the greatest civilization to ever grace this world!"
*Lifting up his spear, now crackling with electrical might*
"WHO IS WITH ME?!"

INVADE THE SURFACE, MY ARMOR OF LIGHT SHALL BE OUR GUIDE THROUGH THE DARKNESS, MY SPEAR SHALL BE THE WRATH OF THE DRAKIN.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2013, 08:56:33 pm »

Jabiron, pleased was pleased with the Imps, toiling away and providing strong advantages amongst the Loyal Wurms; working away whilst the Wurms fight their brethren, and indoctrinate the worthy. All is well, all is as planned.

He turns to the world of Tantiy, the OverGod, the realm whose people's birthed his creation; known as the Drakin, were barely making a living from inside the Gullet, yet they praised his name within the shadows. Jabiron thought this loyalty deserving of a reward, one greater than that of the Wurms. He began the work as he always does, from breaking apart his great cloud of shadow, and breathing life into his creation.
The creatures will be like the Imps, yet greater in size and power. Possessing a form of the living, yet never having a single breath. The Greater Shades shall be creatures of power, unable to die, and strong enough to tangle with the Gods if necessary. The Greater Shades are shall be able to fashion themselves into the mightiest of weapons, via shaping their forms. Being pleased with the gift, he placed enormous numbers of them inside the Gullet, to live with the Rukh and Drakin, and aid them with strength.

(1 Mighty Act)Create the Greater Shades, massive(10ft)humanoids of shadow, immortal and listeners of the Harmony. They can form themselves into weapons for use with their brethren, or allies. If broken in battle, will reform into more Shade.(Will be placed in the Gullet)

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2013, 04:17:09 am »

"And thus he destroyed the Blasphemers with one strike that day, and he said to the assembled masses 'Ready this world for my awakening, for I am to sleep.'" -Awakenings, 12:36
No action
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2013, 09:05:48 pm »

In a dark unlit room hidden in a long ago abandoned building, Blutegel and the Survivor sat hunched speaking in barely audible whispers to one another. The survivor continuously peered around while listening, seemingly always on the lookout for potential threats lurking unseen nearby.

"We've been scurrying about this place for a while now, concerned purely with survival in the now. So preoccupied with just making it to the next day that we haven't been taking the time to plan out the future. Something needs to be done. Survival is essential but I'd like to think my existence has a bit more purpose that just that."

Looking incredulously at Blutegel, the Survivor retorted,
"Oh yeah, it would be nice to do more than just survive. Lots of things would be nice but just because they would be nice doesn't mean they are a realistic possibility."

Glaring at the survivor, Blutegel continued on heedless of his outburst,
"You're letting your fears have too much influence on your perspective. I fought off a whole swarm of those things by myself, so I'd say they're far from unbeatable. That's not to say that we should recklessly charge about without consideration for proper planning or tactics. Planning is important and I'm all for avoidance of unneeded confrontations but I'm not going to sit around here for all eternity just barely scrounging out a living. That's surviving but it's not living... not the way I want it at any rate."

"Heh, nice speech but I'll still take survival over dying."

Sighing, Blutegel stretched out and was silent for a moment.
"Yeah well how about I tell you my plan and then we can just consider it together huh?

The Survivor shook his head and gave a short quiet laugh.
"Alright boss, shoot."

"Well I know your a bit uncertain about the whole transformation magic thing after the slimes. I want you to consider though, that I'm also a result of transformation magics."

"I don't like where you're going with this."

"Alright, hear me out. So I'm a generally cordial entity right? Well I'm also a pretty adequate fighter as you've probably noticed from my fight with the slimes. Now I also want you to think about the fact that I'm relatively speaking, a newborn. I've got practically no life experience yet managed to fight off all those slimes with just raw power. Now picture yourself for a second. Imagine having my natural abilities, my innate powers but with your life skills. The invaluable survival and fighting techniques you've developed over an unimaginable amount of time living where few others could survive for a day... plus all the natural power I possess.

What do you think?"

((So you said convince him. Am I correct in assuming I RP the conversation between him and myself while you make the final decision of whether or not the survivor was convinced by the argument my character presented?))

If the Survivor is convinced by Blutegel's words, change him using magic. If not respect his desires for now and go about searching for other potential victims for my magic.
Sure thing peanut man!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2013, 09:54:30 pm »

Blutegel, Unified Merfolk Ascendant

The Survivor barely resisted the urge to draw his blade.  He closed his eyes, and took a few deep breaths, before the urge slowly passed, after which, he spoke.  "If I hadn't known you for this long, and the fact that you are the only other one on this forsaken city, I would have attacked you just now.  I'm not all that comfortable with transformative magics...maybe sometime soon I could allow you to increase strength and endurance aspects of myself, but a transformation of that level...I can't go through that right now...not after all I have seen..."

The Survivor paused for a while, before bringing up composure to speak.  "About those swarms...there is something you must know about them...the ones we have been fighting are only the weakest class..."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2013, 11:07:11 am »

Nodding to the Survivor,
Alright, I actually didn't expect you to agree. I just wanted to let you know it was an option should you decide to change your mind later on down the line. I completely respect your feelings on the matter though and I'm not surprised about how you feel considering the things you've seen.

Anyway, I guess it's not too surprising that there would be stronger versions of those things. Hiveminds are generally somewhat specialized with certain parts for certain tasks, so I'm guessing they've got several different classes. Probably a leadership class too...

I don't suppose you've seen anything that might indicate the presence of leadership among the swarm huh? Do you know of any major bases or meeting grounds they might have where a leader could be present? Really any intelligence you could share would be very useful if we want to beat these things together.
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7