Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32

Author Topic: Roll to Alien  (Read 42599 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Roll to Alien
« on: July 30, 2013, 01:33:00 am »

The game starts on page 4.
First Day ends on Page 27. First Day recap can be found there.

Howdy, all. This is my first attempt at a forum game, so bear with me.

You are an alien. Of course, you don't consider yourself as an alien: everyone else is. This game begins on an interstellar space station on which you live and work.

To join:
Alien species: give a description of your race: longevity, physical / mental characteristics, etc. Name the species if you want.
Alien individual: age, job, and how you arrived on the station. Also, perhaps, name.
Write out your descriptions. No Links, please, I don't want to read someone else's stuff.

I haven't decided on a maximum number of players yet (6-10, probably. I doubt I can handle more than that at the moment.)

Spoiler: character creation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RTD basics (click to show/hide)

I will attempt to have a round twice a week, on Tuesday and Friday. This schedule might change based on player input.
Active players should post at least once per turn. If a player misses a turn, their character may experience one of several results, depending on the situation at the moment. If they are in a day to day situation, they may simply continue as they are. Life and death situations, on the other hand, may suffer disastrous consequences from inattention ( I may roll for an action with a penalty or something)

If you are going to be absent from the game for a limited time, please make this known before hand. The same goes if you drop out.
I will also make sure you know when I need to be offline for more than a couple days.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 04:47:32 pm by Ozarck »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Alien
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 01:33:20 am »

Current Aliens
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:05:02 am by Ozarck »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 01:34:03 am »

RESERVE OH YES
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 01:39:52 am »

Cool, I'm in. I'll post a sheet in the morning.

Alien species: Ood
Alien individual: Ood 2 Delta 3, 57, Head Waiter. He was sold to the ship, along with several others, who are working in various positions around the ship.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:56:23 am by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 01:44:43 am »

Species: Micronoid Aggregate. The bacteria known as Micronoids are highly evolved psionic beings, capable of ruling entire civilizations. Unfortunately, their psionic capabilities extend only to other Micronoids, and they generally move about as puddles of slime. They subsist off of grime and dirt on surfaces.
Individual: Joseph Greene, deck swabber, relative human age 17. Arrived during that whole Third Alien War debacle..
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:50:11 am by Dansmithers »
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 02:01:27 am »

psionic beings,
capable of ruling entire civilizations.
Unfortunately, their psionic capabilities extend only to other Micronoids,
You really like to push the limits of the genre, eh? Also, be aware thatthere is no continuity between this universe and any other, subjet to GM whim, and/or really, really good gameplay by the players.
Arrived during that whole Third Alien War debacle..
Arrived how? And as what? (hostage, hitchhiker, paid customer, tourist, etc.)

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 02:03:19 am »

psionic beings,
capable of ruling entire civilizations.
Unfortunately, their psionic capabilities extend only to other Micronoids,
You really like to push the limits of the genre, eh? Also, be aware thatthere is no continuity between this universe and any other, subjet to GM whim, and/or really, really good gameplay by the players.
Arrived during that whole Third Alien War debacle..
Arrived how? And as what? (hostage, hitchhiker, paid customer, tourist, etc.)
1st: Micronoids were the driving evil force behind X-COM Apocalypse
2nd: Probably stuck on some spaceship, and raised by the station.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 02:03:57 am »

I've posted mah sheet as well, just so you know.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 02:04:40 am »

Reserved
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 02:04:58 am »

Wait, we can use existant aliens? I know exactly what I'm doing.
Sig! Onol

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 02:06:23 am »

Is it Lovecraftian?
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 02:07:03 am »

Is it Lovecraftian?
Somewhat. Not anything that'll break the game, though.
Sig! Onol

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 02:13:35 am »

This universe is not Lovecraftian. Don't worry, if any alien is out of continuity, I will modify it accordingly. I think I may allow DanSmithers' slime their psionics, since they only work on Micronoids. It will be rediefined as chemical / electrical influence or some such sciency mumbo Jumbo. Else, it dangles a little too close to "magic" of which there is none in this universe.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 02:17:58 am »

Cool, I'm in. I'll post a sheet in the morning.

Alien species: Ood
Alien individual: Ood 2 Delta 3, 57, Head Waiter. He was sold to the ship, along with several others, who are working in various positions around the ship.
Please write out the relevant bits. I want to get a feel for how you intend to play this race. Also, in this universe, there is no telepathy, though your species can communicate in various hard to decipher nonverbal ways that other species would not perceive.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 03:02:26 am »

Reserve!

EDIT: Done!

Alien Species: the Formers. They are a collective formed of beings superficially similar to terrestrial fungi, although they are altogether more animate. Though they do possess a minimal sense of individuality, it has a tendency to come and go, and they have a tendency to both ramble and grow extremely distant in conversation. Their intelligence is very limited, and they are simple-minded and naive, as well as generally unfamiliar with conversational etiquette. They are, however, extremely competent at selective, targeted breeding (with efficiencies approaching, frequently surpassing genetic modification techniques) and forming their own climate, which typically is in the 500-600 degrees Kelvin range (their peculiar physiology is adapted to such a temperature, although lower temperatures are also survivable for them, albeit with great difficulty) and filled with various unusual gases, including nitrogen monoxide in fairly large quantities. Though eccentric, they are valued for their ability to rapidly create lifeforms for varied uses, most frequently nutrition and atmosphere calibration.
Alien Individual: Breeding Supervisor Keffit-Fum, the Former that receives orders from the station administrative staff, and the voice of the Formers in most matters. He dwells along with his kin near the engineering section, a closed-off part of the station that is optimized for Former habitation and thus rather unsuitable for most other lifeforms. They are in charge of providing food for the rest of the crew and minimal climate control duties, and are always available to one degree or another to fulfill the needs of their fellow crewmen.

Will this do as it is, or are some alterations needed?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 04:24:42 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32