Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Energy Quest, a robot survival game. [5/5] - Back together  (Read 18299 times)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Quest, a robot survival game. [4/4]
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 07:22:54 pm »

Identify self for the H-bot.
"This unit is designated as Scav-bot Beta."
Then, head up 4 spaces into the room ahead.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 07:33:30 pm »

Initiating response routine

"I am TSTR-51, 51th unit of the Terrain Scout/Track/Recon division.  I come in peace."

Move four UP.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 02:04:18 am »

"I'm Scarlet, scout bot."

then scout into the tunnel(one right and two up) and go until I see something that maybe dangerous
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 08:04:15 am »

The robot gets rather confused by S.C.R.A.M.B.L.E Unit 152's transmission, but you all mention yourselves anyway and move forward. With one of the Pathbots getting closer, S.C.R.A.M.B.L.E Unit 152 notices the power light on the pathbot is a solid yellow, but the bot seems to pay no attention to him.

Meanwhile, Scarlet and Scav-Bot Beta move into the middle section, and see the still-active but rather pitiful remains of some robot sitting off to the side. It sees your lights and flails, but it can't actually move it seems.

Map Legend:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:06:30 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Quest, a robot survival game. [4/4] - Rapping at security.
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 08:17:33 am »

Go back past the H-bot and check out the path on the upper left.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 08:26:52 am »

Check how f@$k up the bot is
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 09:28:44 am »

Move two right to grab the closer pathbot and omnomnomnomnomnomnom. This may or may not entail ramming it until it falls off the path if necessary.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:38:33 am by Twi »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 09:35:13 am »

You can ram things, yeah.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2013, 10:25:25 am »

Two right, two down.  Intercept the pathbot as it moves next to me and help Twi smash it to scrap.  Loot and devour its remains.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2013, 11:12:30 am »

For future reference, since it would probably help and I didn't think of it when I made to OP: You can move diagonally, but not across walls.
---

Scarlet takes a closer look at the wreck of a bot near him. The power light is still green somehow, but with all of the flailing theres very little chance you'd manage to end it without getting smacked a bit or worse in the process. It probably used to be square, considering how the bot still seems to be roughly rectangular in its current form. It continues to flail and spout gibberish in your direction while you inspect it.

Scav-Bot Beta begins to head northwest to explore that area. The H-bot hails you as you pass by. The pathbot over there is still there, which is good.

S.C.R.A.M.B.L.E. Unit 152 moves right, prepares for a moment, and then grabs the lower pathbot and hurls it north off the path. It attempts to defend itself against the threat it cannot see clearly, but quickly runs out of power and shuts down. The second pathbot hears the crash and speeds up to investigate, but does not spot TSTR-51's sword and is struck in the head, shattering the control circuit! It collapses as TSTR-51 swirls about and hits the other pathbot on the way back, but does little damage as the bot is already dead.

You both gain 2 Power from the second bot, and can salvage both if you want for parts. (You just need a general category to salvage, or just everything to strip it)

Twi vs Pathbot 1
Toaster vs Pathbot 2

Map Legend:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:23:57 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2013, 11:20:06 am »

Salvage awaaaaaaay! Salvage everything! Paaarts!~ Also repair self with some of that hull?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:29:29 am by Twi »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 11:24:49 am »

Keep exploring past the H-bot.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Quest, a robot survival game. [4/4] - Salvage!
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2013, 12:00:19 pm »

(Assuming Toaster wanted to salvage)
Salvage subturn:
Batteries (Dead, numerous)
Scrap Metal enough to build one fairly decent robot, or repair multiple lightly damaged ones.
1 circuit board (inactive, pathbot-based)
1 circuit board (ruined)
LEDs (several)
Capacitors (several)
Semiconductors (several)
Cooling systems (several)
2 optical systems, binocular (dusty, slightly rusty)
2 speaker systems (dusty, rusted, unknown working state)
2 audio receivers (dusty, omnidirectional, somewhat rusty)
1 set, Path circuitry (inactive)
1 set, Path circuitry (ruined)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2013, 12:06:43 pm »

PHAT LEWT!

Negotiate with TSTR-51.

Code: [Select]
Alright, so.
 Obviously I'll be repairing myself with that scrap metal, and I'd like to see if I can get that working Path adapter to work with me.
 And those speakers, maybe I can cobble together something that works out of all this! The lights, too. Need em for raves.
We can split the coolants and semiconductors- not sure what we'll use the latter for. You can take the capacitors- you've got all that charge, maybe you can zap people with 'em.
We can both take one of the optics and audio, just to see if they happen to be better than our own. Oh, and someone could take the circuit board along. Never know when it could come in handy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2013, 02:26:58 pm »

"Initializing negotiator subroutine.

Terms are acceptable.  Deal is made."

Loot what Unit 152 doesn't.

Move 3 left 1 up.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:43:51 pm by Toaster »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12