Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Energy Quest, a robot survival game. [5/5] - Back together  (Read 17813 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Quest, a robot survival game. [4/4] - Salvage!
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 02:30:14 pm »

Grab the mentioned stuff, then head up four units!

Unit 152 grabs scrap metal for repairs, the inactive Path adapter, the speakers and LEDs, half the semiconductors and coolants, one optics and one audio, and the working circuit board.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:35:41 pm by Twi »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 03:14:35 pm »

Take a blow and be merciful, end the bot life.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2013, 03:20:56 pm »

Which bot?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2013, 03:22:26 pm »

Which bot?
The one I'm next to that in pieces. thus 'Mercy'
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2013, 04:01:14 pm »

The trade is done, and the two split up again. Unit 152 goes north, and spots a smaller sort of pathbot. They then halt and begin to repair themselves. TSTR-51 heads back towards Scarlet.

Scav-Bot Beta continues to the northwest, and find that there is actually two pathbots here. While he had passed closeby to the wall near the H-Bot however, he heard a whirring noise from the other side of the wall.

Scarlet decides to finish off the broken bot, bowing first. However, during the bow it tips over and trips, and the broken bot flails at him and manages to entangle him in its flailing, denting scattered places on it. Unit 152 meanwhile has finished repairs.

Scarlet vs Broken bot

Map Legend:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 04:08:37 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2013, 04:18:44 pm »

stab

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2013, 04:30:42 pm »

So by no diagonals around corners, you mean I couldn't move NE from where I am, right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2013, 04:37:55 pm »

Examine mini-pathbot and befriend it. Or if that fails, 'befriend' it, perhaps.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2013, 04:57:58 pm »

So by no diagonals around corners, you mean I couldn't move NE from where I am, right?
Correct. You'd need to be next to Bot C to do so.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2013, 06:21:42 pm »

Go left 3 units, then down 1.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2013, 07:09:53 pm »

2N, 1NE, 1E
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2013, 08:07:30 pm »

Unit 152 attempts to talk to the minipathbot, but it just ignores them completely.

While exploring further, you all receive an encoded transmission; lacking the code for it, its rather useless. A second later however, you hear the H-bot speak:
"Hunt mode confirmed. Switching to explosive rounds."
It then obliterates the pathbot in sight of it, destroying the wall (and also the robot) near Scarlet, spraying Scarlet and Scav-Bot with rubble. A moment later, a sparking, well damaged robot comes from the northern corridor, followed by an explosion, which showers the other two with rubble, along with the minipathbot, which doesn't seem to notice the rocks until they land in the way of its tracks. A voice is heard from the north:

"The final floor of cleansing will now begin, by the tenth unit of the tenth squad, on the tenth hour of the tenth day of the tenth month of the hundredth year of clearing Eta Labs. Any remaining obsolete-but-functional Hunter-class, move as the transmission ordered. None shall escape. Transmission loss with all other unit squads irrelevant. I am the Prime Hunter. I will not fail."

The smoke clears somewhat (not yet entirely), and Unit 152 and TSTR-51 get a smoky view of the self-proclaimed Hunter. It certainly looks more modern than the H-bot you met earlier, and it appears to have some sort of hover unit. Its a blocky, hulking thing of a robot, with large headlights near the top, a trio of eyes, and a quartet of blocky arms with some sort of large energy weapon attached to each. There is steam coming off of it, or maybe thats just the smoke. It most likely has energy in spades if it makes that sort of entry, which makes it both the priority target and the highest threat at the same time

Map Legend:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2013, 08:12:28 pm »

Oh god. D:

Pick up the cute mini path bot, then run awaaaaaaay! Down 2, down-left 2!

Code: [Select]
Hey! Otherbot! Other H bot! Heeeelp! I don't want to dieeee!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:16:48 pm by Twi »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Quest, a robot survival game. [4/4] - Dramatic entry
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2013, 10:18:03 pm »

OH DEAR.

1W, 1SW, 2W, shove C out of the way if he doesn't move.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Quest, a robot survival game. [4/4] - Dramatic entry
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2013, 02:10:22 am »

Sort though the wreckage for anything of value and go six left
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12