Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Energy Quest, a robot survival game. [5/5] - Back together  (Read 18364 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

T9
Prime Hunter 10 hovers back a bit for maximum coverage of the remaining area. It then turns on brighter lights in an attempt to see the staircase more clearly, but there is some serious dark down here. It can only just barely see them.

Meanwhile, the bots scatter in all directions except right. Unit 152 put the minipathbot on top of itself so it has enough arms to quickly open and close the generator doors, which popped out after it started detecting explosions in the vicinity.

T10
Fleeing into the generator, Unit 152 has the nice feeling of recharge wash over them, which also perks up the minipathbot. It seems content to just use your head as a circular path, since it stopped complaining about Paths.
(When in the generator, you get recharged to 10 +2 per level survived. If you're above that, the only effect is a free movement turn.)

TSTR-51 can see the staircase clearly, but a peek around the corner reveals a bright light from further than it can really see properly. Hopefully that giant hunter can't see far enough to hit you, but with those lights and a good helping of luck...

Scav-Bot and Scarlet, having been trekking down a corridor for quite some time, find what appears to be a traderbot, hidden in this winding alcove. You hear another explosion shake the area nearby as he whispers at you:
"Hey hey, be quiet. Seems like we've attracted dire attention, but if you're here, why not buy something from me? Afterwards, I bet you're looking for an escape route..."

Map Legend:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

Using all this power, slooowly break open the left wall. No need to use the rifle's energy cells. Just befriend the wall and not the generator. That would be embarrassing and probably lethal.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

For reference, depending on how hard you hit it if you hit the generator and not the wall, you'd nuke at least half the map, regardless of how big said map is.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

GO FOR IT!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Low voice "What do you have?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

He looks over your inventory, and then responds quietly:
"Armor. Don't see much on you asides scrap metal, and you aren't particularly impressive, so I'm not giving you anything you don't already have pieces for."
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'll take armor then."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

TSTR-51 manages to not be noticed as it speeds up the ramp to the next level closer to the surface.

Unit 152 charges up a very large shot, and manages to hit the wall several times before it falls apart. It then chases after the two friendly bots through the hole.

The Trader takes your scrap metal and a tool out of its pockets, and armors you for the most part, though its not particularly great armor. He then vanishes through a blue hole while talknig about escape routes. Having little elsewhere to go, Scarlet and Scav-Bot walk through it as well. You both end up in what looks like a large cavern, with the trader nowhere around. You can see a bot that more than likely is malfunctioning to the northeast, and a few moments later, you also see S.C.R.A.M.B.L.E Unit 152 (with spinning minipathbot hat intact) appear through the portal.

Level 2 map:

The portal will vanish next turn.
The map doesn't show the insides of fully enclosed areas until theres a hole to look through.
Map Legend:

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Quest, a robot survival game. [4/4] - Floor the Second
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2013, 04:33:31 pm »

Up-right three, up one. Take a look around and such.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2013, 04:41:59 pm »

Proceed to the generator room, to recharge power reserves.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2013, 04:53:38 pm »

4S, check out that bot.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2013, 04:35:53 am »

Head for the generate

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2013, 11:24:04 am »

As you all move in the general direction of the generator, a few more Malfs come into view, and you hear something clang off the other side of the wall near everyone but TSTR-51. Looking at the wall, you can see a faint shine on it, like it used to be metal before being covered in all of this dirt and rust and dust.

The malfuntioning bots are various sizes, and varied shapes, but they all seem to be active, if sparky. They don't seem to be particularly fast though, and if they're armed its hidden.

Map Legend:

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2013, 11:30:23 am »

Keep heading for the gen.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2013, 11:41:00 am »

Look for a door! Then head towards the generator more.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 12:32:13 pm by Twi »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12